I have a BlackBerry Keyone that already has a google account associated with it so is therefore not useable by anyone but the account holder. I have seen many videos on how to override the FRP on youtube but after reading some of the comments I am a bit skeptical. Can anyone recommend a good instructional video that will actually work? Any help would be appreciated.
    07-25-21 07:00 AM
    I have a BlackBerry Keyone that already has a google account associated with it so is therefore not useable by anyone but the account holder. I have seen many videos on how to override the FRP on youtube but after reading some of the comments I am a bit skeptical. Can anyone recommend a good instructional video that will actually work? Any help would be appreciated.
    I'm not aware of any way to circumvent anti-theft on the KEYone.
    07-25-21 09:03 AM
    Thank you very much for your reply conite. It's a shame because it is an absolute mint condition Black Limited Edition Keyone that I purchased off of Amazon. It actually looks like that it hasn't even been used and was advertised as "New Open Box". I would imagine that all the videos on YouTube instructing how to override the FRP are bogus then. Thanks again for your reply.
    07-25-21 09:27 AM
    Thank you very much for your reply conite. It's a shame because it is an absolute mint condition Black Limited Edition Keyone that I purchased off of Amazon. It actually looks like that it hasn't even been used and was advertised as "New Open Box". I would imagine that all the videos on YouTube instructing how to override the FRP are bogus then. Thanks again for your reply.
    Get your money back.
    07-25-21 09:35 AM
    Thank you for your comment Elephant_Canyon. Like I said it's such a shame because the Black Limited Edition Keyone is so very difficult to find in new or mint condition at a relatively good price. I just don't understand why a lot of the comments on YouTube on some of the videos say that it worked for them. I haven't tried yet because there are so many steps involved it's just insane. I wanted to first see if anyone on CrackBerry has found a video where it has actually worked for them. Thank you for your advice.
    07-25-21 09:52 AM
    Thank you for your comment Elephant_Canyon. Like I said it's such a shame because the Black Limited Edition Keyone is so very difficult to find in new or mint condition at a relatively good price. I just don't understand why a lot of the comments on YouTube on some of the videos say that it worked for them. I haven't tried yet because there are so many steps involved it's just insane. I wanted to first see if anyone on CrackBerry has found a video where it has actually worked for them. Thank you for your advice.
    If it's the dual SIM Black Edition, then I wouldn't regret it too much. Just return it.

eBay has some cheap Bronze editions right now.
    07-25-21 10:33 AM
    If it's the dual SIM Black Edition, then I wouldn't regret it too much. Just return it.

eBay has some cheap Bronze editions right now.
    The black dual SIM has the same set-up as the Bronze.
    07-25-21 10:36 AM
    The dual SIM has more storage memory. Why do you not like it?
    The dual SIM Black model (Indian BBB100-7) has that very annoying "triple press power button calls emergency" and the KEYone side buttons are on the weak side, so accidental 911 dials have definitely been happening (as it also happens with the screen off). Also, security updates on that one ended way earlier than the others I believe.

If one absolutely needs a dual SIM KEYone, the Bronze is the one to get.
    If not, then the 64GB BBB100-1 or -2 is preferable.
    07-25-21 10:38 AM
    The dual SIM Black model (Indian BBB100-7) has that very annoying "triple press power button calls emergency" and the KEYone side buttons are on the weak side, so accidental 911 dials have definitely been happening (as it also happens with the screen off). Also, security updates on that one ended way earlier than the others I believe.

If one absolutely needs a dual SIM KEYone, the Bronze is the one to get.
    If not, then the 64GB BBB100-1 or -2 is preferable.
    Sure, the BBB100-7 should be avoided, but there are still other dual SIM Black Editions. Or maybe there aren't? It's been a while.

But the Indian variant does have the US bands - unlike the global Bronze edition.
    07-25-21 10:42 AM
    Thank you for your comment the_boon. Actually, it is a 64gb BBB100-1 Black Limited Edition Canadian model and I am in Canada that's why I would like to get it up and running. The bronze ones are cool but I prefer a black one.
    07-25-21 10:58 AM
    Regardless, hurry up and get your money back. No paperweight is worth the price you paid.
    07-25-21 12:54 PM
    Thanks for your input Chuck Finley69. You cannot imagine the disappointment after removing the factory stickers and then when trying to activate it only to find it not only had the screen locked (which I unlocked by entering a wrong pin ten times) but also had an existing google account on it. Total bummer. I searched for months for a new Black Limited Edition 64 GB BB100-1 Single sim card Keyone. As you probably know this is the Canadian model which is the one I wanted as I am in Canada. I would very much like to activate it however, if you a Trusted Member and conite an Ambassador Member have not heard of a way to override the FRP then I suppose I am sol. The question was just posted today so I am going to remain somewhat optimistic and hopeful that a member may have a solution. I very much appreciate the input that I have received so far. Thanks again.
    07-25-21 01:24 PM
    Thanks for your input Chuck Finley69. You cannot imagine the disappointment after removing the factory stickers and then when trying to activate it only to find it not only had the screen locked (which I unlocked by entering a wrong pin ten times) but also had an existing google account on it. Total bummer. I searched for months for a new Black Limited Edition 64 GB BB100-1 Single sim card Keyone. As you probably know this is the Canadian model which is the one I wanted as I am in Canada. I would very much like to activate it however, if you a Trusted Member and conite an Ambassador Member have not heard of a way to override the FRP then I suppose I am sol. The question was just posted today so I am going to remain somewhat optimistic and hopeful that a member may have a solution. I very much appreciate the input that I have received so far. Thanks again.
    There has been a member here that successfully removed FRP, but I'd have to go digging to find the thread and post to a link to the video that worked for them.
    First thing you should do is contact the seller and ask them to help you get past with their account credentials. After that all you have left is a return or try YouTube methods to bypass.
    07-25-21 05:16 PM
    Thank you very much Ben xfg for your reply. It means a lot. I found the thread and have downloaded the video. The Member is SReiss and I am grateful that he posted the instructional video. His circumstances seem to be slightly different than mine but it seems to be a similar situation. Perhaps there is hope after all. Thank you very much for your message.
    07-25-21 05:32 PM
    I decided to search for a second BBB-100-7, and could only find it on Amazon, someone had six of them for $240 each, and I took the plunge. It is clearly an open-box but in 100% perfect condition as far as I can tell, I am just tickled with it.

As for my other one, does anyone in the universe have a replacement simcard tray to buy?

The power button to call 911 was just a nightmare, but I have got myself trained not to do it anymore... except when phone was in my pocket and I thought I was tapping on my music volume key .

Amazon is a real crap-shoot I guess, but I'm done with them 4-ever again now that I have sang my praises to the vendor who sold me this phone...

... while danger still looms ahead I am living life to the fullest while I can, like the rest of us keyboard addicts.
    08-23-21 10:22 PM
    I decided to search for a second BBB-100-7, and could only find it on Amazon, someone had six of them for $240 each, and I took the plunge. It is clearly an open-box but in 100% perfect condition as far as I can tell, I am just tickled with it.

As for my other one, does anyone in the universe have a replacement simcard tray to buy?

The power button to call 911 was just a nightmare, but I have got myself trained not to do it anymore... except when phone was in my pocket and I thought I was tapping on my music volume key .

Amazon is a real crap-shoot I guess, but I'm done with them 4-ever again now that I have sang my praises to the vendor who sold me this phone...

... while danger still looms ahead I am living life to the fullest while I can, like the rest of us keyboard addicts.
    Dont even bother with that thing. Try to find a cheaper KEY2 or LE.
    08-24-21 07:02 AM
    Misunderstandibg: I already have it. This is the best BB ever, well, as far as android goes. It was an irresistible bargain even if it ends up having a short lifespan as a sim card phone.
    08-24-21 07:57 AM
    pretty sure that is the most unsecure Key device out there. 4 android versions and 2 years with no security updates. I would burn it with fire and run.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-24-21 09:11 AM
    I am not too sure about that howarmat. I purchased a "New In Sealed Box" Silver Keyone off ebay 4 months ago along with my Black Edition Keyone that I haven't used yet. I installed Norton Security on the Silver one. It checks apps, scans for viruses etc. and you can get updates whenever you like. I would imagine it would be unsecure with only the factory built in security system but Norton seems to be doing a great job. In 4 months of use no problems with it whatsoever. Any opinions?
    08-24-21 11:05 AM
    Hello to boldly go. I don't understand what you mean by "having a short lifespan as a sim card phone". Are they going to phase out sim card phones now?
    08-24-21 11:10 AM
    I am not too sure about that howarmat. I purchased a "New In Sealed Box" Silver Keyone off ebay 4 months ago along with my Black Edition Keyone that I haven't used yet. I installed Norton Security on the Silver one. It checks apps, scans for viruses etc. and you can get updates whenever you like. I would imagine it would be unsecure with only the factory built in security system but Norton seems to be doing a great job. In 4 months of use no problems with it whatsoever. Any opinions?
    You do not own the same model and have much more recent updates though which is why the -7 model is not a good phone. Sure you likely wont see any problems or get data attacked as you are super low threat. But your threat is significantly less even without the norton junk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-24-21 11:22 AM
    Those cool sounding anti-virus apps seem interesting, but they aren't worth a damn.

Security patches and the human brain are the primary defenses against hacks.
    Last edited by conite; 08-24-21 at 11:46 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-24-21 11:33 AM
    Thanks for clarifying howarmat. Yes, my Keyone is a BBB-100-1 which is the Canadian model. I believe the BBB-100-7 is the model that was designed for use in the Middle East. The BBB-100-7 as far as I can tell from my own research is that it definitely is a device to stay away from. The 7 model has less useable bands in Canada. Also, I have read some articles that roaming charges may apply and that if the phone is new and still on android 7 that you cannot upgrade to android 8.1 like you can on other models. Not only that, I also read because it is a Middle East phone that it makes it easy for Hackers in the Middle East to spy on your phone. Not too sure about that but it was a pretty convincing article.
    08-24-21 11:44 AM
    Thanks for clarifying howarmat. Yes, my Keyone is a BBB-100-1 which is the Canadian model. I believe the BBB-100-7 is the model that was designed for use in the Middle East. The BBB-100-7 as far as I can tell from my own research is that it definitely is a device to stay away from. The 7 model has less useable bands in Canada. Also, I have read some articles that roaming charges may apply and that if the phone is new and still on android 7 that you cannot upgrade to android 8.1 like you can on other models. Not only that, I also read because it is a Middle East phone that it makes it easy for Hackers in the Middle East to spy on your phone. Not too sure about that but it was a pretty convincing article.
    The -7 is for India and Indonesia, and has the identical bands as the North American variant.

There is no KEYone that is regarded as secure anymore, as the latest (apart from the AT&T-specific Space Black variant which got to Nov 2019) patch is from June of 2019.

An Android phone shouldn't be used after 3 months without a security patch - let alone 26 months.
    08-24-21 11:45 AM
    Thanks for your input conite. Like I said 4 months and it seems to be working fine. If I do have a problem I will be sure to post it here. I agree, to avoid viruses, malware etc. you must use some common sense no matter how well your security software is. One feature I really like on Norton specifically is the Norton Safe Search feature. I also like how it monitors the network and if it is an unsecure network it will automatically turn on the VPN or at any time you can turn on the VPN manually. I hope it keeps working as I absolutely love my keyone. It was a bit of a challenge to learn how to use it after using my BlackBerry Classic for 7 years but it was kinda fun too. I found a video by one of the Members referred to me by another Member on how to bypass the FRP on my Black Limited Edition Keyone but have not attempted it yet.
    08-24-21 12:03 PM
69 123