One thing I really miss from BB10 is that I was able to set it up to turn on and off the flash as a light with a side button even if the phone was not active.

It drives me nuts that I have to wake up the K1 once the screen times out to turn off the light which I have set to my convenience key. Is there any way around this?
    06-25-19 09:49 AM
    One thing I really miss from BB10 is that I was able to set it up to turn on and off the flash as a light with a side button even if the phone was not active.

It drives me nuts that I have to wake up the K1 once the screen times out to turn off the light which I have set to my convenience key. Is there any way around this?
    I think it may have something to do with the Lock Screen.

You could test by setting the screen lock to NONE

But a less risky move would be hitting the gear to the far right of Screen lock and changing Automatically lock to maybe 10 minutes or more.

Lastly, if you have a wearable bluetooth device, you can setup the Smart Lock so the device doesn't lock as long as you are near it.
    06-25-19 11:49 AM

But a less risky move would be hitting the gear to the far right of Screen lock and changing Automatically lock to maybe 10 minutes or more.

Lastly, if you have a wearable bluetooth device, you can setup the Smart Lock so the device doesn't lock as long as you are near it.
    Interestingly, it won't let me turn off the screen lock now that my phone is now under my work's MDM.

I don't use any Bluetooth devices. This really comes down to needing the light in pinch (like checking on sleeping kids).
    06-25-19 01:55 PM

I can verify this not to be the case, it still doesn't work even if no screen lock set. Also interested in a solution...

Posted via CB10
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    06-25-19 10:17 PM
    I can verify this not to be the case, it still doesn't work even if no screen lock set. Also interested in a solution...

Posted via CB10
    Some apps utilize buttons when the screen is off (like volume for iHeartRadio), so it must be possible.
    06-28-19 10:16 AM
    Personally, with my Motion, I've just learned to live with it. I just got used to pressing the power button, pressing the convenience key, then pressing the power button again to turn off the screen. Just don't do it too fast, otherwise it reads it as a double press for the power button, and turns on the camera...
    06-28-19 10:21 AM