I get more and more annoyed about the phone call quality of the Keyone.

People repeatedly ask me to repeat a sentece.
    Making a rather silent conversation is not possible since you cannot mumble into the phone like it worked with others.
    And also speaker volume is not the best for noisy environment.

I wonder if just my phone has some flaws or if others experince these things too. Will all my prior phones I can't remember having these issues.
    04-24-18 07:59 AM
    Mic issues, Speaker issues and Signal strength are not unknown problems for the KEYone.

You can try getting a replacement, and see if that fixes your problems... as many here don't suffer them.
    04-24-18 08:20 AM
    I read sometimes it improves after updates. Recommend contacting tcl about your problems. Main reason I don't have a k1 now.
    04-24-18 08:56 AM
    Are you using a case with your K1? Many recommend to as it helps with reception apparently
    04-24-18 09:43 AM
    I tried it with case and without. This does not seem to make any differnce.

Also I'm not sure if I really should try to get a replacement. The microphone might just be as bad as the speaker is by design.
    It is not unusable, but it is far worse than my last phones I had which were much cheaper.

So I'm not sure if a replacement really will make things better or if this is just bad design.
    04-25-18 03:12 AM
    I tried it with case and without. This does not seem to make any differnce.

Also I'm not sure if I really should try to get a replacement. The microphone might just be as bad as the speaker is by design.
    It is not unusable, but it is far worse than my last phones I had which were much cheaper.

So I'm not sure if a replacement really will make things better or if this is just bad design.
    Do calls over WhatsApp or some other app also sound bad? Or just the main phone app?
    04-25-18 03:50 AM
    Do calls over WhatsApp or some other app also sound bad? Or just the main phone app?
    Good question, I do not really use Whatsapp.

But I used the ACR Call Recorder to record the calls and listened to them again.

Surprisingly the parts which others could not understand did not seem to be unclear on the record. This seems to be a hint for a software or reception issue, I guess.
    04-25-18 04:32 AM
    did you use the same sim as before (old sim from another handset) or new K1 sim from carrier? it might be provision issue on network side. just a guess. (since the recording is clear, hardware appear to be ok, transmission might be an issue - assume only your talking is trouble part).
    04-25-18 08:24 AM
    Yes I use the same SIM that worked perfectly with my Q5.
    04-26-18 04:26 AM
    What type of network? Is HD available?
    04-26-18 07:17 AM
    I tried all. LTE, UMTS and GSM.
    06-21-18 08:30 AM