View Poll Results: How do you think BlackBerry and TCL have handled the KEYone launch process?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Handled well

9 10.59%
  • Handled poorly

76 89.41%
05-31-17 11:52 PM
161 ... 567
tools
    Tell yourself whatever makes you feel better. Personally I haven't seen a single S8.
    05-27-17 12:47 PM
    Tell yourself whatever makes you feel better. Personally I haven't seen a single S8.
    Besides my own, that I returned . In comparison to the KEYone the build feels cheap on the s8. Although the device itself is snappy and has one heck of a camera . Battery is meh, at best.

However it's comparing apples to oranges. The keyone is certainly targeting somebody who wants the Pkb or wants something different. I'm in the latter category.

How has the launch been? I think considering TCL has done all of this in such a short time , it's been pretty incredible
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-27-17 01:23 PM
    YEs Who!?
    05-28-17 11:40 AM
    Agreed! TCL had alot to contend with and considering they did it right KUDOS to TCL. Yes it could have been alot faster but I get why they were cautious with the launch because being the first KB bb device to come out in a while they didnt' want to screw the launch up.
    05-28-17 11:42 AM
    I wonder if any of the 8 "handled well" folks would like to reconsider their votes.
    05-31-17 04:44 PM
    I was hopeful but then the USA launch happened. Stick a fork in it, Harry.
    05-31-17 04:48 PM
    The limited inventory for each country might be a marketing strategy to drive demand through perceived scarcity. It definitely worked. I have empathy for the BlackBerry fans who were unable to get a BlackBerry KEYone on May 31.
    05-31-17 08:55 PM
    They made a great phone! It is exactly what I needed for business. I don't rely on a "launch" to meet my needs. If I see something I want, I find a way to get it. Ordered mine from Dubai over a week ago. Got it Saturday. Works great on ATT here in USA. Don't blame the "launch" for some of you not getting a phone. Blame your own lack of understanding of how the world works and take some personal responsibility for your lack of proactive diligence to get what you want when you want it. It is just the way the world works...

The device is amazing. TCL and BB have outdone themselves. I don't see Apple folks complaining about short initial supplies when a new, marginally different Apple product launches. It is part of their strategy... perceived rarity inspires frenzied desire. Some snowflakes just think everything should drop in their lap because they took the herculean effort of registering their email address... funny!

Winning and not whining with my new KeyOne!
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-31-17 11:33 PM
    They made a great phone! It is exactly what I needed for business. I don't rely on a "launch" to meet my needs. If I see something I want, I find a way to get it. Ordered mine from Dubai over a week ago. Got it Saturday. Works great on ATT here in USA. Don't blame the "launch" for some of you not getting a phone. Blame your own lack of understanding of how the world works and take some personal responsibility for your lack of proactive diligence to get what you want when you want it. It is just the way the world works...

The device is amazing. TCL and BB have outdone themselves. I don't see Apple folks complaining about short initial supplies when a new, marginally different Apple product launches. It is part of their strategy... perceived rarity inspires frenzied desire. Some snowflakes just think everything should drop in their lap because they took the herculean effort of registering their email address... funny!

Winning and not whining with my new KeyOne!
    Word

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 11:38 PM
    Looks like BlackBerry mobile has learned from the mistakes of BB LTD in the Priv's release. They didn't overproduce, and have generated huge buzz with this device. It's receiving near daily coverage in the tech magazines, and has only one negative review.

Did they probably under produce and run into manufacturing issues? Yeah, I think that's a given. But the conservative approach with this device won't sink TCL, and the interest for this device has nearly guaranteed multiple BlackBerry Mobile successors.

Good roll out? Not really, but probably smart strategic goals mixed with some production issues.
    05-31-17 11:49 PM
    considering the phone was shown off almost 1/2 yr ago, and still we do not have any info on carriers in the USA.. and its almost JUNE! the S8 was announced around the same time.. i see it all over the place...
    so, its poor. i dont know how they can get back into the game with obviously incompetent marketing..
    in addition.. seems they have great specs in the device when they announce.. yet - by release, they are 1 or 2 versions behind.. lol
    The KeyOne was shown 2-25-17. That's barely over 3 months ago. No need to be dramatic with your "almost 1/2 year ago" claim.
    05-31-17 11:52 PM
161 ... 567