View Poll Results: How do you think BlackBerry and TCL have handled the KEYone launch process?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Handled well

9 10.59%
  • Handled poorly

76 89.41%
    I know some people here in CB who leaves comments get paid by TCL. I don't like that.
    Who?
    05-21-17 03:15 PM
    I guess poll is pretty obvious.
    Yeh, that only 50 or so people even care.

FWIW, CB meet-ups do not equal launch events IMO. I think that's where some of the confusion may lie, as to whether there's been a launch or not, as others have alluded to in previous posts.
    05-21-17 03:41 PM
    Not much to leverage off of. Alcatel isn't exactly a household name in NA.

TCL had very little set up outside of China.

All this is changing now, with BlackBerry Mobile and TCL TVs.
    Doesn't matter if Alcatel isn't a household name in NA. That doesn't mean the proper back channels aren't already in place. We're talking world wide here. They already have sales, distribution, marketing and everything else in place. BlackBerry is just another brand that they had to bring into their family of products. It's not like they're starting from scratch branching from TV and appliances to this new thing called mobile devices.

TCL TV's aren't nothing new. They've been in the TV business for over 20 years. They've been doing mobile devices for over 10 years now. This isn't their first rodeo. Saying that they don't have much to leverage off of from over 20 years of manufacturing and over 10 years of international sales (and joint ventures) is blissful ignorance.

Let's assume your scenario is correct. If so, how do you explain the very limited roll out and lack of available stock in the UK? That's not a NA market so what's their reasoning there?

Lastly, other than Rogers, can you name me any other Enterprise client that they've signed up? Not a single enterprise client in EMEA, Asia Pac or even South America. That alone is a pretty disappointing fact.
    05-21-17 04:44 PM
    Doesn't matter if Alcatel isn't a household name in NA. That doesn't mean the proper back channels aren't already in place. We're talking world wide here. They already have sales, distribution, marketing and everything else in place. BlackBerry is just another brand that they had to bring into their family of products. It's not like they're starting from scratch branching from TV and appliances to this new thing called mobile devices.

TCL TV's aren't nothing new. They've been in the TV business for over 20 years. They've been doing mobile devices for over 10 years now. This isn't their first rodeo. Saying that they don't have much to leverage off of from over 20 years of manufacturing and over 10 years of international sales (and joint ventures) is blissful ignorance.

Let's assume your scenario is correct. If so, how do you explain the very limited roll out and lack of available stock in the UK? That's not a NA market so what's their reasoning there?

Lastly, other than Rogers, can you name me any other Enterprise client that they've signed up? Not a single enterprise client in EMEA, Asia Pac or even South America. That alone is a pretty disappointing fact.
    It IS a new company forging their own infrastructure and relationships. Bla1ze has documented this as well. You don't have to believe it, but it doesn't change the fact.

They had a small number of -2 devices that they chose to throw into the UK a bit early. Perhaps to generate some interest in Europe. They have no real channels there either. As a matter of fact, they have very little outside of China.

Why Rogers chose to allow pre-orders, I do not know - you would have to ask them.
    05-21-17 05:00 PM
    It IS a new company forging their own infrastructure and relationships. Bla1ze has documented this as well. You don't have to believe it, but it doesn't change the fact.

They had a small number of -2 devices that they chose to throw into the UK a bit early. Perhaps to generate some interest in Europe. They have no real channels there either. As a matter of fact, they have very little outside of China.

Why Rogers chose to allow pre-orders, I do not know - you would have to ask them.
    A new company that can't/won't leverage anything they already have in place. So, go hire a bunch of people brand new to doing any of this as well? With their limited budget, instead of using TCL's already in place distribution networks, factories and whatnot, they've decided to start from scratch and blow all their $$ on that?

Spend more time thinking about things than actually producing anything. No wonder they can't produce more than a couple hundred devices and have zero enterprise clients. Sounds like a recipe for smashing success to me.
    05-21-17 06:21 PM
    Watch the video replay of the BlackBerry KEYone launch event! https://www.crackberry.com/watch-bla...t-video-replay
    Well, Bla1ze called it a launch event in the headline. But in the body, he called it simply the "announcement".

What did Blackberry call it?

They announced it at MWC, which is not a consumer event per se. Did they "launch" it? Did they SAY they "launched" it?
    05-21-17 06:26 PM
    I know some people here in CB who leaves comments get paid by TCL.
    Who?

Don't spread such rumors if you can't back it up.
    05-21-17 06:27 PM
    How much more did that set you back?
    Purchasing in bulk gets you discounts. We ended up paying $449 for each Pixel plus tax.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 08:50 PM
    A new company that can't/won't leverage anything they already have in place. So, go hire a bunch of people brand new to doing any of this as well? With their limited budget, instead of using TCL's already in place distribution networks, factories and whatnot, they've decided to start from scratch and blow all their $$ on that?

Spend more time thinking about things than actually producing anything. No wonder they can't produce more than a couple hundred devices and have zero enterprise clients. Sounds like a recipe for smashing success to me.
    They had minimal ANYTHING outside of China. How many ways do I have to say it?

And I never said anything about manufacturing. Of course they will be producing these units in China where their plants are.

Plus, how do you know anything about the success of their brand new enterprise sales teams?
    05-21-17 09:35 PM
    They had minimal ANYTHING outside of China. How many ways do I have to say it?

And I never said anything about manufacturing. Of course they will be producing these units in China where their plants are.

Plus, how do you know anything about the success of their brand new enterprise sales teams?
    They had the Alcatel side of things in the mobile space. That should be enough to bring things up to speed rather than start from scratch.

You said they were doing everything from scratch since you were asking people to give them credit for starting from scratch with new everything.

Easy..where are any carrier announcements? Only one that we know of (Rogers). Enterprises don't buy direct unlocked devices. They go through carriers. We've already seen an insignificant sold in the UK, with no carrier announcements there. None in Europe or Asia Pac. In North America we have only Rogers. For enterprises in the US, it's either AT&T and Verizon. Since they haven't announced anything, I'm sure their enterprise sales are dismal right now.

What's your evidence that they're succeeding in the enterprise as you've claimed many times already.
    05-21-17 09:56 PM
    Enterprises don't buy direct unlocked devices.

What's your evidence that they're succeeding in the enterprise as you've claimed many times already.
    BlackBerry Mobile will be selling direct to enterprise. All Canadian carriers will be selling the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as well. I don't know about other carriers around the globe.

What have I ever said about BlackBerry Mobile's enterprise sales other than that's who they will be targeting?
    05-21-17 09:59 PM
    I find the lack of openness about what is happening is very off putting. I am patient waiting, but let us know some facts. Who is selling unlocked KEYones in Canada and the States? Who and when. Why does it have to be kept secret? I find my interest is less these days. It has dragged on too long since Spain.
    05-21-17 10:28 PM
    They've gotten more good press and offered a more compelling vision of a BlackBerry smartphones than we've seen in more than four years. I think they're doing just fine.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-21-17 10:36 PM
    I really wish Blackberry mobil was more prepared but what can do we at this point. I do not like Crackberry promoting keyone because CB was fan site after all. I know some people here in CB who leaves comments get paid by TCL. I don't like that.
    If you have some information to back this up, please PM me with the info and we'll check it out.

If it's something that you'd need to email, PM me and I'll give you an email address.

*** Note that this off the topic of the thread and does not need to be discussed any further here.
    Last edited by Ecm; 05-22-17 at 01:16 AM.
    05-21-17 10:37 PM
    [WARN]All, the topic for discussion here is opinions about the KEYone launch.

Do not make comments about each other, or other groups of our membership.[/WARN]
    05-22-17 01:19 AM
    There's a clear split between those who think the launch has been botched, and those who think it's been fine or don't care. Let's see which side has more...
    I think its devided based on what I've seen commented here in these forums. The device was in the cross hairs of the company splitting manufacturing with a different company and selling rights as well. Yes, it could have been launched better but it is what it is. TCL toggled inventory over diffferent countries in the order they thought would be the greatest benefit. I am happy that Canada was second on the list after Europe got it first. Im with Rogers wireless and typically in BB fashion always got the devices first. So I am already on the reservation list and from past experience, devices always ship fast.
    05-22-17 02:08 AM
    Don't confuse the the quality of the product launch and the quality of the product itself.
    Right, because a superb launch of a faulty phone is better than a late launch of a great one!
    05-24-17 04:55 PM
    Right, because a superb launch of a faulty phone is better than a late launch of a great one!
    It's like what passes for modern day "journalism"--"better first than right".
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-24-17 08:16 PM
    I'm just hoping the phone doesn't get sold out and the phones are shipped out relatively fast.
    05-24-17 08:18 PM
    I'm just hoping the phone doesn't get sold out and the phones are shipped out relatively fast.
    05-24-17 08:35 PM
    I've been waiting patiently for 6 months, now I'm eyeing the OnePlus 5. Any rumours when it's getting released?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 08:47 PM
    Oh don't worry, they will have 200 phones available and they will ship mid-July.
    05-25-17 11:15 AM
    I am not happy at all with the launch with that being said I am still going to buy the KEYone
    05-25-17 05:23 PM
    Terrible for me. In fact, I don't expect the K1 to be available in Spain before June and it was supposed to be selling since April.
    So for me the hype has finished and I'm ready to wait until its price drops to a more reasonable amount of euros (Black Friday?) or until the next phone with PKB is launched.
    05-26-17 02:45 AM
    considering the phone was shown off almost 1/2 yr ago, and still we do not have any info on carriers in the USA.. and its almost JUNE! the S8 was announced around the same time.. i see it all over the place...
    so, its poor. i dont know how they can get back into the game with obviously incompetent marketing..
    in addition.. seems they have great specs in the device when they announce.. yet - by release, they are 1 or 2 versions behind.. lol
    05-26-17 10:37 AM
161 ... 4567