View Poll Results: How do you think BlackBerry and TCL have handled the KEYone launch process?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Handled well

9 10.59%
  • Handled poorly

76 89.41%
    What about PT BB Merah Putih and Optiemus Infracom? Are you suggesting they are tied to BlackBerry as well?

I'm sorry, but that's just not the relationship. BlackBerry is very much off of devices and focusing almost entirely elsewhere.
    I don't know the extent of the relationship of the other companies, but it's irrelevant. We're talking about TCL and BlackBerry.

If BlackBerry is very much off of devices, why are they exclusively doing the software for the devices? Why would there be BlackBerry executives at the K1 launch at MWC?
    05-20-17 06:51 PM
    I don't know the extent of the relationship of the other companies, but it's irrelevant. We're talking about TCL and BlackBerry.

If BlackBerry is very much off of devices, why are they exclusively doing the software for the devices? Why would there be BlackBerry executives at the K1 launch at MWC?
    Probably a passing of the torch kind of thing.

At the Canadian Launch event last Wednesday night (only a couple of hours down the road from BlackBerry HQ), only a couple of BlackBerry executives even showed up. It was entirely a BlackBerry Mobile event.

It is crystal clear after speaking with all of them, that the old BlackBerry is not part of this.

On another note, BlackBerry Mobile has confirmed May 31st availability in the US.
    https://www.blackberrymobile.com/us/
    05-20-17 06:57 PM
    It is crystal clear after speaking with all of them, that the old BlackBerry is not part of this.
    If that's the case - which it's not - then I'm even less impressed that a completely separate company could be as incompetent as BlackBerry Limited. You really have to try to be as bad as them.
    05-20-17 07:44 PM
    If that's the case - which it's not - then I'm even less impressed that a completely separate company could be as incompetent as BlackBerry Limited. You really have to try to be as bad as them.
    Guess I have to go with your gut feeling, instead of the facts I obtained from the BlackBerry Mobile executives, the blogs from Bla1ze and CBK, and the news releases from BlackBerry and its licencees.

I will also agree to disagree on what "bad" is. A brand new company, building itself up, creating international infrastructure and relationships, and producing a phone in 5 months instead of 4 (which was originally hoped for) is not bad in my eyes.
    Last edited by conite; 05-20-17 at 09:40 PM.
    murphy_thom likes this.
    05-20-17 09:17 PM
    Let's see what "AVAILABLE" May 31st really means....
    05-20-17 10:15 PM
    Let's see what "AVAILABLE" May 31st really means....
    It means you can buy it from BlackBerry Mobile and other vendors on the 31st of May.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    05-20-17 11:04 PM
    There's only so much you can learn when you take the (Sally Struthers) internet college courses.
    Doofus is the highest level attainable.
    So, if you get W A Y down and search in those dark murky corners behind the dumpster, you TOO can be impressed.
    (No reflection on any Doofuses presently in the vicinity)

http://www.picturesanimations.com/c/clowns/76.gif

Disclaimer:
    To anyone who thinks I'm berating a member.... I'm not. we're old friend.
    And he will deny it!! That's what doofuses do!

(I know I should probably not post this, but a mod recently suggested that if I'm joking add a lot of images. I hope this one works)
    See the extreme lengths I'll go for you Mark?
    It's always appreciated... but...i think this is still worth a good infraction. Just for old time sake
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    05-20-17 11:34 PM
    Typical BlackBerryesque lacklustre launch and marketing (cough, cough) campaign.
    05-21-17 12:20 AM
    Guess I have to go with your gut feeling, instead of the facts I obtained from the BlackBerry Mobile executives, the blogs from Bla1ze and CBK, and the news releases from BlackBerry and its licencees.

I will also agree to disagree on what "bad" is. A brand new company, building itself up, creating international infrastructure and relationships, and producing a phone in 5 months instead of 4 (which was originally hoped for) is not bad in my eyes.
    I'm glad you're impressed. The rest of us, as you can see, are not.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-21-17 12:51 AM
    Launch in the UK was fine. But lack of publicity about the early Selfridge availability was a nice surprise. CPW has had accurate information most of the time.
    05-21-17 04:00 AM
    i do not think it is a good sign when any company backtracks or cannot live up to commitment. we were told april at the 12:36 mark.

05-21-17 05:48 AM
    i do not think it is a good sign when any company backtracks or cannot live up to commitment. we were told april at the 12:36 mark.

Basically a two month delay and stock looks to be limited still
    05-21-17 06:09 AM
    What launch?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 07:23 AM
    I personally think they should have launched the Keyone on May 1st, with all the hype the device generated at the WMC and then delay the launch by over a month is not a good start to launching a new product. I understand that TCL is new to the Blackberry team, but they have paid attention to mistakes made by Blackberry in the past when it came to launching new products.
    05-21-17 07:48 AM
    I personally think they should have launched the Keyone on May 1st.
    I'm sure BlackBerry Mobile would have been delighted to do so if they could have.
    murphy_thom and Nathan Conley like this.
    05-21-17 08:19 AM
    Polls always draw naysayers.

I'm actually surprised there are only 41 grouchy folks. I would have thought there would be a lot more.
    05-21-17 11:38 AM
    I guess poll is pretty obvious.
    05-21-17 11:39 AM

I'm actually surprised there are only 41 grouchy folks. I would have thought there would be a lot more.
    Hopefully blackberry mobile will do better next time. I am surprised that you're impressed.
    05-21-17 11:45 AM

That may be even more worrisome - there's only a few dozen regular users on the CB forums. They couldn't keep up the hype even here.
    05-21-17 11:48 AM
    Well, so I was right: NOT "the rest of us" as you say.

Thanks for confirming that.
    05-21-17 12:02 PM
    Hopefully blackberry mobile will do better next time. I am surprised that you're impressed.
    I'm not the least bit disappointed with a one month delay while building a new company from scratch.
    05-21-17 12:14 PM
    That may be even more worrisome - there's only a few dozen regular users on the CB forums. They couldn't keep up the hype even here.
    A few dozen? Ya, no.
    05-21-17 12:24 PM
    There was a launch? I remember some announcements and a UK store getting the phone but I don't recall any type of launch occurring. When I think of a launch I think of a phone being sent out mass quantities all over the world. This has been a distribution of small devices to a few areas.
    05-21-17 01:24 PM
    There was a launch? I remember some announcements and a UK store getting the phone but I don't recall any type of launch occurring. When I think of a launch I think of a phone being sent out mass quantities all over the world. This has been a distribution of small devices to a few areas.
    Watch the video replay of the BlackBerry KEYone launch event! https://www.crackberry.com/watch-bla...t-video-replay
    05-21-17 01:30 PM
    Delete.
    Last edited by krazyatom; 05-22-17 at 01:44 PM.
    05-21-17 02:45 PM
161 ... 34567