View Poll Results: How do you think BlackBerry and TCL have handled the KEYone launch process?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Handled well

9 10.59%
  • Handled poorly

76 89.41%
    Absolutely terrible launch. I moved on and ordered 300+ Pixels for my business. I won't put up with BlackBerry 's dismal performance any longer.

Posted via CB10
    How much more did that set you back?
    05-18-17 11:27 PM
    How much more did that set you back?
    Time is $$$ and when a product that's supposed to be for "professionals" is nowhere to be found except in the UK, then professionals will use the tools that they need to generate $$$.
    05-18-17 11:35 PM
    The launch is a textbook example of how not to do it. Too much foreplay and no sex. Fourth month of continuous bombardment with "unveilings", teasers, unboxings and reviews and STILL the product is not available for purchase anywhere.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    05-18-17 11:36 PM
    The launch is a textbook example of how not to do it. Too much foreplay and no sex. Fourth month of continuous bombardment with "unveilings", teasers, unboxings and reviews and STILL the product is not available for purchase anywhere.
    Only the diehards have been keeping track.

Would you rather have them wait until April to announce May 31st instead? Because that was the only alternative.

The last few months have been about putting together the BlackBerry Mobile teams, the infrastructure (marketing, distribution, support), and formulating carrier relationships.

I don't think they really had any more specific information to provide people with. This company didn't even exist 6 months ago.
    05-19-17 12:20 AM
    I think it's been unorthodox due to an accelerated time line. Communication I guess could be better but realistically TCL doesn't have to communicate anything if they don't want to. I'm still impressed with how quickly TCL brought this to market and how it doesn't seem like a rushed product. It looks very well polished and built. To get this done in 3-4 months, and again I will reiterate, is very impressive.
    05-19-17 01:24 AM
    It's typical blackberry launch IMO.
    05-19-17 01:35 AM
    Very confusing because of lack of communication from TCL/BBMobile,

Disappointed because of the above
    Annoyed because of the delays and no communication about that
    Embarrassed because I support a company that releases a phone in ONE single shop in the world, ran out of stock quickly, no information of future availability in different shops, countries or continents, and this after saying they are delaying the release to avoid shortages. Doesn't make sense.

Customers appear to just buy a phone without service (service in all terms)
    BBMobile just seems clumsy and rely on the motto "throw in a phone and hope that someone buys it).

All in all:

I only know things about KEYone because I'm actively looking for informations and know where to look. And what I know is mostly not 100% Right because no one knows anything for sure. Or doesn't want to tell anyone.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 07:38 AM
    Only the diehards have been keeping track.

Would you rather have them wait until April to announce May 31st instead? Because that was the only alternative.

The last few months have been about putting together the BlackBerry Mobile teams, the infrastructure (marketing, distribution, support), and formulating carrier relationships.

I don't think they really had any more specific information to provide people with. This company didn't even exist 6 months ago.
    That wasn't the only alternative. Alternatives include getting their act together, not lying that the reason for the delay was to avoid "disappointing stock-outs", finding better suppliers, doing a better job...
    anon(9710735) and mister2d like this.
    05-19-17 07:49 AM
    That wasn't the only alternative. Alternatives include getting their act together, not lying that the reason for the delay was to avoid "disappointing stock-outs", finding better suppliers, doing a better job...
    You seem to not appreciate the herculean task of setting up a brand new global company that has to build infrastructure and relationships from scratch in a matter of months - and bring a device to market in the middle of all that.
    05-19-17 08:04 AM
    Just get the phone to verizon I really want this phone

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 09:33 AM
    Absolutely terrible launch. I moved on and ordered 300+ Pixels for my business. I won't put up with BlackBerry 's dismal performance any longer.

Posted via CB10
    Why would you do that? That's a significant investment, surely you could have waited just a few weeks more? Curious to understand what exactly was so "absolutely terrible" that pushed you to a hasty decision. I agree it could have been better, but it sounds like you are being a little too harsh.

Text book example is a little dramatic, isn't it? I think the mother of all text book examples of how not to launch a phone would be the Galaxy Note 7 fiasco. After that, nobody should be criticizing BlackBerry for a bad launch.
    05-19-17 09:39 AM
    Communication has been a disappointment for me. I understood the pre-order date of the 18th for Canada and 31st availability for the states but still bummed we haven't seen more from BlackBerry Mobile. I am chalking it up to BlackBerry Mobile wanting to have all the pieces in place before making any announcements so they don't have to back pedal or release info that isn't 100%.

I'm happy with my PRIV other than battery life so I'm not dying for the KEYone but I'm definitely excited about it.
    05-19-17 10:08 AM
    I think it's been unorthodox due to an accelerated time line. Communication I guess could be better but realistically TCL doesn't have to communicate anything if they don't want to. I'm still impressed with how quickly TCL brought this to market and how it doesn't seem like a rushed product. It looks very well polished and built. To get this done in 3-4 months, and again I will reiterate, is very impressive.
    Keep reiterating it .... It's 2017 in the mobile tech world .... You NEVER announce anything unless it's ready within 4-6 weeks. Period. Congrats to them for getting it done but they should've just kept their mouths shut until April.
    05-19-17 11:31 AM
    Keep reiterating it .... It's 2017 in the mobile tech world .... You NEVER announce anything unless it's ready within 4-6 weeks. Period. Congrats to them for getting it done but they should've just kept their mouths shut until April.
    If they'd waited that long, even more of the Blackberry diehards would have moved on by now. For anyone else it didn't matter at all, because they didn't know anyway.

I think people are overestimating the number of folks watching this whole thing eagerly.
    05-19-17 11:33 AM
    If they'd waited that long, even more of the Blackberry diehards would have moved on by now. For anyone else it didn't matter at all, because they didn't know anyway.
    So coincidence with whatsapp extended their support till june so bb10 user can safely move on
    05-19-17 11:35 AM
    So coincidence with whatsapp extended their support till june so bb10 user can safely move on
    Clearly Facebook loves BlackBerry!
    05-19-17 11:36 AM
    Well I was originally disappointed in their usual release date promises followed up by a delay as always. Been waiting for the release on May 31st and now I find out Rogers has exclusive rights to the first pre-orders? Lame. I don't wanna be locked to a carrier. I want an unlocked phone directly from BlackBerry and since it's unavailable I'll be passing on the KEYone until it is. I'm sure I'm not alone. A lot of people buy direct. Overall this whole thing has been a disappointment.
    05-19-17 11:36 AM
    Couldnt be better!

....Did it already happen??

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 12:03 PM
    Closed for review.
    05-19-17 12:06 PM
    [WARN]I've deleted some unnecessary comments (and where they were quoted).

Time for the bickering to stop. Discuss or debate the thread topic or comments but do so in a civil manner.[/WARN]

/open
    05-19-17 12:20 PM
    Conite, sorry, there is nothing to appreciate. It is not charity, it is business. Will they want to sell some thousand of phones or hundreds of thousands? Huawei was not there giant that it is now till some years ago, look their selling volume now. And how they invest in advertising. You do not need to cover the whole world like Apple, but a delivery pizza advertise maybe more that TLC or BB.
    anon(9710735) and mister2d like this.
    05-19-17 12:20 PM
    There is one person thinks that TCL handled well?
    05-19-17 12:30 PM
    Conite, sorry, there is nothing to appreciate. It is not charity, it is business. Will they want to sell some thousand of phones or hundreds of thousands? Huawei was not there giant that it is now till some years ago, look their selling volume now. And how they invest in advertising. You do not need to cover the whole world like Apple, but a delivery pizza advertise maybe more that TLC or BB.
    These are mainly meant for corporate clients. They have a huge enterprise sales team. I don't expect this will be heavily marketed to consumers. They already have the Alcatel brand for that.
    05-19-17 01:05 PM
    32 votes so far.

No wonder TCL acts like they don't give a darn. 32 sales was all they had. LOL
    elfabio80 and anon(9710735) like this.
    05-19-17 01:28 PM
    I'm that one person. It's not that they handled it well per say, it's that I'm only given two options in the poll.

I'm trying to play devil's advocate here. They are slowly rolling out a niche product, trying not to have bad press, with a new working relationship between BB, BBM, and carrier partners.

They probably didn't overproduce and are receiving good reviews.

And just a point of reference.......The Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom was announced and shown the end of January, and just rolled out in the US yesterday.

Smaller players in the western markets need to try to thread a small needle to succeed. Look at OnePlus and what they've done. Started off with invite only on the OPO 1&2 and had complaints. Worked out the kinks. The OPO 3&3T were open to the public and we're huge hits.

/End of rant/ lol
    05-19-17 01:32 PM
161 1234 ...