Finally I got myself a new Keyone, absolutely love it. The keyboard is phenomenal.

However I have issue with the screen brightness. It is too bright even at the lowest brightness setting. It gets worse (brighter) with auto-brightness.

It is almost unusable even in the moderately lit room, way too bright even that even my eyes hurt.

Any advice to resolve this issue?
    For now I'm using BlackBerry Privacy Shade to dim the screen but the box/circle peeking window that permanently appear on the screen is very annoying.

Please help me!
    08-12-17 02:00 PM
    Install something like Twilight. While it won't lower the brightness it will place a filter over the screen content to reduce blue light and give you eyes a break.

Posted via CB10
    lemonyf likes this.
    08-12-17 02:16 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I just found another useful app to solve this. It's called 'Dimly'. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dsolano.filter
    08-12-17 02:28 PM
    Yes, a blue light filter works well. I found one that provides a more natural gray tint.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-17 02:47 PM
    The screen's lowest brightness setting is definitely too bright for night use. I use an app called Blue Light Filter. Let's you control blue light level and brightness to a high degree. You can schedule it to turn on or off as well. It is a paid app though
    08-12-17 06:52 PM
    you can also use the BlackBerry "privacy shade" app and adjust the transparency of the shade...
    FF22 and Grabber5.0 like this.
    08-12-17 07:29 PM
    Yes, a blue light filter works well. I found one that provides a more natural gray tint.

Posted via CB10
    Which app did you go with?
    08-13-17 01:10 AM
    Which app did you go with?
    I use Bluelight Filter for Eye Care by Hardy-Infinity. Right now, there is a sale for 99 cents (American) to remove the ads. Really, not such a big deal, because once your settings are in, no ads are present (to activate the settings outside the app). I just donated my 99 cents because I like the app, which includes night mode (separate for a long time).

I appreciate the gray filter because it feels natural and I have severe astigmatism, which causes sensitivity to light.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-17 01:39 AM
    Finally I got myself a new Keyone, absolutely love it. The keyboard is phenomenal.

However I have issue with the screen brightness. It is too bright even at the lowest brightness setting. It gets worse (brighter) with auto-brightness.

It is almost unusable even in the moderately lit room, way too bright even that even my eyes hurt.

For now I'm using BlackBerry Privacy Shade to dim the screen but the box/circle peeking window that permanently appear on the screen is very annoying.

Please help me!
    I just installed an app last night called "Screen Filter" that solves the screen brightness perfectly:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.haxor

Assign it to a shortcut key on the keyboard, and you have a quick mechanism to dim and undim the screen.
    08-13-17 08:43 AM
    you can also use the BlackBerry "privacy shade" app and adjust the transparency of the shade...
    Thanks for the tip. I didn't want to have to decide on a third party app last night. Glad I saw this thread, because I had no idea there were apps for that.

The screen is definitely way too bright in a dark room. I could not perceive any decrease in brightness once I moved the slider below half. It seems to be working right this morning though. Hmmm...
    08-13-17 08:56 AM
    Use the following app. This is a true auto-brightness solution that allows a range significantly beyond what Android offers by default.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.vito.lux
    08-13-17 10:42 AM
    I don't have a keyone but with my priv I found it very bright at first just had to get used to it. I like everything in night mode which a lot of the apps have now. I have bb launcher/hub on nightmode, reddit, text and Twitter. So mainly of the apps I used regularly is just Facebook and chrome that aren't in night mode. I love it
    08-14-17 01:59 AM

Please help me!
    The latest version of Privacy shade (in External beta now to be released soon) allows you to hide the peeking window. Just go into the settings and press the first setting down which toggles between the circle, rectangle and none (new). Hope that helps!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    08-14-17 08:41 PM
    Maybe ask kevin, he might get a word in to the software guys and patch it up
    08-15-17 03:39 AM