Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    My playstore just updated to 16.9.10-all and it seems to be in Night Mode with no means of turning it off. I don't see well in this setting and would like to turn it back to normal. In fact, I don't have a "display" section in settings???

Anyone having this problem besides me?

PS... Looks like Instagram has the same problem???
    Last edited by Soapm; 10-09-19 at 03:01 AM.
    arif b santoso likes this.
    10-09-19 02:48 AM
    Problem? They should keep it this way, or have a toggle in settings to suit user preference.
    10-09-19 05:55 AM
    My playstore just updated to 16.9.10-all and it seems to be in Night Mode with no means of turning it off. I don't see well in this setting and would like to turn it back to normal. In fact, I don't have a "display" section in settings???

PS... Looks like Instagram has the same problem???
    I love dark mode
    10-09-19 05:59 AM
    I don't like the dark modes and think there should be a way to turn it off???
    10-09-19 06:25 AM
    I just chatted with playstore support, (I have exactly same problem, also in Instagram), and he told me that maybe Instagram update made this mess for playstore app also...
    Are you also using Instagram??? Is it in Dark mode also now?
    10-09-19 08:12 AM
    BlackBerry Android devices are being mis-identified as an Android 10 device that is set on system-wide dark mode.

There really isn't anything you can do about it until/if Google fixes it.
    10-09-19 09:05 AM
    Disable Playstore and use the Aurora Store (a Google Playstore client) from F-Droid https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.aurora.store/ . UI looks nicer than GP imo and can run in Light, Dark or Black themes. I've been using it in place of the Play store for about a year now.
    10-09-19 09:15 AM
    Disable Playstore and use the Aurora Store (a Google Playstore client) from F-Droid https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.aurora.store/ . UI looks nicer than GP imo and can run in Light, Dark or Black themes. I've been using it in place of the Play store for about a year now.
    Do they have a security policy?
    10-09-19 10:05 AM
    Do they have a security policy?
    Lol, I think you know the answer to that. As a FOSS app, it is subject to verification by FDroid but is just obtaining apps from Playstore which are verified by Google and it has an additional property of more privacy. Less info is sent to Google than the Playstore app. It's not for everyone, I'll admit, but I prefer it to the actual Playstore. I may be very naive but I trust FOSS apps more than I trust many apps in the Playstore itself.

Oh, for people interested here is the info: https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore
    10-09-19 10:52 AM
    Lol, I think you know the answer to that. As a FOSS app, it is subject to verification by FDroid but is just obtaining apps from Playstore which are verified by Google and it has an additional property of more privacy. Less info is sent to Google than the Playstore app. It's not for everyone, I'll admit, but I prefer it to the actual Playstore. I may be very naive but I trust FOSS apps more than I trust many apps in the Playstore itself.

Oh, for people interested here is the info: https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore
    I'm just concerned with handing them my Google credentials.
    10-09-19 11:13 AM
    I'm just concerned with handing them my Google credentials.
    Fair point. I'm spoofing mine and not using my Google credentials. The other potential problem is being black-listed if you use your Google account info although I have done so on and off for quite some time with no problems.

I guess you would really have to HATE the dark mode to resort to this but..... could be used temporarily until the problem is sorted out.
    10-09-19 11:31 AM
    I just chatted with playstore support, (I have exactly same problem, also in Instagram), and he told me that maybe Instagram update made this mess for playstore app also...
    Are you also using Instagram??? Is it in Dark mode also now?
    Yes, I'm having the problem in Instagram also. AND, I think it was the last to update.

However, I can remove Instagram if that's the problem since I just use it to upload pictures I take at church.
    10-09-19 01:42 PM
    Yes, I'm having the problem in Instagram also. AND, I think it was the last to update.

However, I can remove Instagram if that's the problem since I just use it to upload pictures I take at church.
    I already told you what was happening back in post 6.
    10-09-19 01:48 PM
    BlackBerry Android devices are being mis-identified as an Android 10 device that is set on system-wide dark mode.

There really isn't anything you can do about it until/if Google fixes it.
    The Play Store on my Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet has gone dark.

Granted, Fire tablets aren't supposed to have the Play Store, but it can be added and works fine, even as an un-certified device.

It looks good to me, but just wonder what's forcing it dark on the device running a forked Nougat OS.

I don't have Instagram at all.

My Galaxy S9 also has the dark theme of the Play Store, but I have the system set in night mode, so I understand that. Also, it will go back to white if I turn night mode off. So, the Play Store does pick up the theme setting of the One UI.
    10-09-19 02:15 PM
    Everything's still white on my Key2 LE, unfortunately.. Unlike OP, I would rather have both apps running a dark theme.
    My Play Store is running the same version as OP's and Instagram updated yesterday.

On a separate note, on the Play Store's update page, when I click on the dropdown arrows to see what's changed with apps updates, the arrow itself change direction but the dropdown text doesn't show. It's not really a big deal because you can still see the update details inside each app's page, but still.. Has anyone else experienced this?

P.S.: I first noticed this on my Key2 LE a few days ago, but the Play Store on my Galaxy S7 is also not showing update details.
    10-10-19 09:23 AM
    Everything's still white on my Key2 LE, unfortunately.. Unlike OP, I would rather have both apps running a dark theme.
    My Play Store is running the same version as OP's and Instagram updated yesterday.

On a separate note, on the Play Store's update page, when I click on the dropdown arrows to see what's changed with apps updates, the arrow itself change direction but the dropdown text doesn't show. It's not really a big deal because you can still see the update details inside each app's page, but still.. Has anyone else experienced this?

P.S.: I first noticed this on my Key2 LE a few days ago, but the Play Store on my Galaxy S7 is also not showing update details.
    I am having the same thing with the arrows "moving" , but not showing the updates, but mine started happening when my Playstore went dark. I thought the dark theme must be hiding the updates. I didn't realize I could also see them in the app page as you mentioned.
    Soapm likes this.
    10-10-19 09:33 AM
    I am having the same thing with the arrows "moving" , but not showing the updates, but mine started happening when my Playstore went dark. I thought the dark theme must be hiding the updates. I didn't realize I could also see them in the app page as you mentioned.
    I've noticed that drop-down not working on my S9, so that doesn't seem to be device dependent. But, I noticed that before the dark mode update happened. At least since a week ago.
    10-10-19 10:14 AM
    Really??? Because I am in light mode and can't find any way to get into dark mode
    10-12-19 06:38 AM
    I have unlocked GSM keyone on att prepaid. Yet to receive this playstore update? Same with ig. Love dark mode. Messenger is so much nicer with it same with hub and messages. When will I get this playstore update?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-19 06:32 AM