Biggest problem with android is not being able to multitask like in bb10. Like watching a YouTube video and you need to read an email, the video stops playing when you switch apps. I really miss this. Otherwise getting on fine with android.
    06-26-17 03:45 AM
    OGYouTube is your solution. Look it up.
    southlander likes this.
    06-26-17 03:59 AM
    Or try Stream. It's a pretty cool YouTube app.
    06-26-17 04:09 AM
    multi-task works normally in Android and better than BB10 about YouTube they intentionally stopped supporting the background play
    06-26-17 04:19 AM
    I will try another app thanks guys.
    06-26-17 04:21 AM
    tried both apps can't seem to login to YouTube on either.
    06-26-17 04:27 AM
    For OGYouTube, you also need to download/install MicroG if you want to login to your account.
    I have them on all my Android devices. Works perfectly.
    ezikiah and aseeralmadi like this.
    06-26-17 05:03 AM
    what is MicroG?
    06-26-17 06:10 AM
    Download both OGYouTube and MicroG at apkmirror.
    MicroG is like a plug-in for OGYouTube. You'll need it if you want to login to your YouTube account.
    06-26-17 06:18 AM
    Or pay for YouTube red lol ahahahha
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-26-17 06:45 AM
    Or pay for YouTube red lol ahahahha
    Being a practical and informed cheapskate like me, no thanks.
    06-26-17 07:21 AM
    I believe this works in all non-chromium based Web browsers.
    06-26-17 07:54 AM
    You can do the split screen as an acceptable alternative perhaps.
    anon(10267494) likes this.
    06-26-17 09:06 AM
    Use Firefox in Desktop mode - this will allow you to play youtube videos in the background or with the screen switched off.
    kbz1960 and southlander like this.
    06-26-17 09:09 AM
    Simply subscribe to YouTube Red. for me it was a decision between 2 less beers at the bar monthly or keep having to use an unreliable Firefox. Wasn't the hardest decision I ever had to make, to be honest.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-26-17 09:16 AM
    Biggest problem with android is not being able to multitask like in bb10. Like watching a YouTube video and you need to read an email, the video stops playing when you switch apps. I really miss this. Otherwise getting on fine with android.
    You don't like Split Screen? make sure your email app is open, switch out and go into youtube, press and hold the "Recent Apps" button (square button), and select your email app

now you can use both screens
    06-26-17 11:16 AM
    No need to use desktop mode ; install this firefox add on " Video Background Play Fix " enjoy ..
    Use Firefox in Desktop mode - this will allow you to play youtube videos in the background or with the screen switched off.
    06-26-17 11:21 AM
    Use newpipe. It smokes OGyoutube.
    06-26-17 11:41 AM
    Use newpipe. It smokes OGyoutube.
    Just curious, in what way?
    Also, OP needed an option to login to his YouTube account, something that Newpipe seemingly can't do.
    06-26-17 12:22 PM
    This has been discussed many times. BB10 was no better at multitasking than any other OS. YouTube played in the background because BB10 didn't have an official YouTube app and played videos through the web browser. Google blocks background play unless you pay for it if you use the app or use Chrome. If you want to use background play you have to either use a third party app, a different browser, or pay for YouTube Red.
    southlander likes this.
    06-26-17 12:29 PM
    Just curious, in what way?
    Also, OP needed an option to login to his YouTube account, something that Newpipe seemingly can't do.
    I was being a liiitle hyperbolic just cause I prefer it. I find the popup feature in newpipe to be way more stable, downloads are more streamlined. Contextual share menu allows you to launch newpipe regular or in a pop-up mode. Can't remember if OG does that as well... Newpipe is and doesn't try to be a youtube replacement. Maybe it's just me but stuff just seems to go wrong with OGyoutube.

Also if you want to replace youtube you might as well just install the modded youtube red APK (with microG)
    Last edited by palewhiteninja; 06-26-17 at 01:25 PM.
    06-26-17 12:29 PM
    I was being a liiitle hyperbolic just cause I prefer it. I find the popup feature in newpipe to be way more stable, downloads are more streamlined. Contextual share menu allows you to launch newpipe regular or in a pop-up mode. Can't remember if OG does that as well... Newpipe is and doesn't try to be a youtube replacement. Maybe it's just me but stuff just seems to go wrong with OGyoutube.

Also if you want to replace youtube you might as well just install the modded youtube red APK (with microG)
    Hmmm... I guess to each his own, then.
    Never tried the download feature. I use OGYouTube mainly for background playback.
    It also has the pop-up/separate window feature but I rarely use it.
    06-27-17 06:41 AM
    Hmmm... I guess to each his own, then.
    Never tried the download feature. I use OGYouTube mainly for background playback.
    It also has the pop-up/separate window feature but I rarely use it.
    Do you know if OG blocks ads?
    06-27-17 12:36 PM
    Do you know if OG blocks ads?
    I don't think so. Occasionally an ad would show up before the main video plays.
    06-27-17 11:39 PM
    I don't think so. Occasionally an ad would show up before the main video plays.
    I think that's another point for newpipe :-p

http://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/6jgrpr/_/
    ^heres the youtube red thing I was talkin about
    06-27-17 11:49 PM
38 12