Simply subscribe to YouTube Red. for me it was a decision between 2 less beers at the bar monthly or keep having to use an unreliable Firefox. Wasn't the hardest decision I ever had to make, to be honest.
    YouTube Red is only a solution if you live in USA, Australia, Mexico, New Zealand, or South Korea.

Those of us in Canada are out of luck.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube_Red
    06-27-17 11:57 PM
    YouTube has managed to detect and stops streaming when leaving the tap, that's what happened, even on BB10 doesn't work anymore. There is a nicer solution to background play though.

1- Install Firefox, latest version works.
    2- Install add-on Video Background Play fix
    3- Enjoy

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...dl-upandcoming
    Last edited by juanmad; 06-28-17 at 04:20 AM.
    06-28-17 12:02 AM
    YouTube Red is only a solution if you live in USA, Australia, Mexico, New Zealand, or South Korea.

Those of us in Canada are out of luck.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube_Red
    Are you sure? I haven't tried it but I know this is a modified application. It might work
    06-28-17 12:05 AM
    There is a nicer solution to backgroud play.

1- Install Firefox, latest version works.
    2- Install add-on Video Background Play fix
    3- Enjoy

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...dl-upandcoming
    Pffft. I think they're slowly removing that
    06-28-17 12:05 AM
    Maybe, but it won't be long until someone eventually finds another solution. YouTube policies won't win against the people.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-28-17 12:11 AM
    Biggest problem with android is not being able to multitask like in bb10. Like watching a YouTube video and you need to read an email, the video stops playing when you switch apps. I really miss this. Otherwise getting on fine with android.
    Let me teach you a cool Jedi trick my young Padawan:
    1. Open youtube
    2. Tap on the recent icon (the square)
    3. Tap on youtube and keep the finger on the screen until the app highlights and you get the "Drag here to use split screen" message at the top of the screen
    4. Drag youtube there
    5. Open any other app you wish in the other part of the screen, basically in split screen mode
    6. Enjoy multitasking (on a smaller part of the screen)
    7. You can make any window from the split screen smaller bi dragging the middle part
    8. Bonus tip, this also works completely in the background, meaning you can hit the home button (circle) and youtube will not stop
    9. In this mode youtube stops only when the screen is turned OFF

Spread the word, I'm sure other ppl want to use this + I'm pretty sure that a lot of ppl already know about this.
    06-28-17 01:39 AM
    I think that's another point for newpipe :-p

http://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/6jgrpr/_/
    ^heres the youtube red thing I was talkin about
    Tested that modified YouTube Red on one of my old Android devices. Performance seems to be the same with OGYouTube, but it does have a cool dark theme.
    06-28-17 03:27 AM
    Tested that modified YouTube Red on one of my old Android devices. Performance seems to be the same with OGYouTube, but it does have a cool dark theme.
    Why don't you try what I have suggested instead of the YouTube app, plus you don't get ads in the mobile site.
    I found it to be way better having videos in different tabs and play them while doing other things with full screen, no need to split.
    06-28-17 04:13 AM
    Biggest problem with android is not being able to multitask like in bb10. Like watching a YouTube video and you need to read an email, the video stops playing when you switch apps. I really miss this. Otherwise getting on fine with android.
    Watching YouTube videos in the background is not possible anymore even on BB10 browser. YouTube has managed to detect when you leave the tab and stops streaming.
    06-28-17 04:18 AM
    Let me teach you a cool Jedi trick my young Padawan:
    1. Open youtube
    2. Tap on the recent icon (the square)
    3. Tap on youtube and keep the finger on the screen until the app highlights and you get the "Drag here to use split screen" message at the top of the screen
    4. Drag youtube there
    5. Open any other app you wish in the other part of the screen, basically in split screen mode
    6. Enjoy multitasking (on a smaller part of the screen)
    7. You can make any window from the split screen smaller bi dragging the middle part
    8. Bonus tip, this also works completely in the background, meaning you can hit the home button (circle) and youtube will not stop
    9. In this mode youtube stops only when the screen is turned OFF

Spread the word, I'm sure other ppl want to use this + I'm pretty sure that a lot of ppl already know about this.
    Or you could just use Firefox and play in the background while having the full screen available, no need to split.
    06-28-17 04:32 AM
    Or you could just use Firefox and play in the background while having the full screen available, no need to split.
    Or you could use OGyoutube or you could root your phone and use the modded youtube app from XDA and have the same benefits you have with firefox.
    The more alternatives there are the better. I would use the apk from XDA but K1 can't be rooted so I used the OGyoutube app.
    06-28-17 04:35 AM
    I'm paying for Google Music family. Composed of friends and family of 6. Music and YouTube with no ads work fine. Off-line use and background play like a charm.

I think it's worth it. Just get friends and chip in.
    06-28-17 05:07 AM
    Why don't you try what I have suggested instead of the YouTube app, plus you don't get ads in the mobile site.
    I found it to be way better having videos in different tabs and play them while doing other things with full screen, no need to split.
    Thanks for the heads up. Will try it when the other options no longer work for me.
    06-28-17 05:18 AM
38 12