Should we keep going on updating our devices? What do you think?
    06-20-18 02:17 AM
    Why wouldn't you?
    06-20-18 03:23 AM
    Other manufacturers hurt me, i am scared

May it get slow or discharge for shorter time?
    06-20-18 06:24 AM
    Other manufacturers hurt me, i am scared

May it get slow or discharge for shorter time?
    I'm sure that there will be a number of threads on how it affects some peoples' phones once it is released. I can already guess some: "smooth as butter - wonderful" "my phone now lags worse than ever, I wish I never upgraded" "and all kinds of comments in between"

Again, you probably will have a choice, so don't do it the first day or week it shows up and see what real users think. Then decide.
    coffee-turtle and ppeters914 like this.
    06-20-18 08:53 AM
    I'm sure that there will be a number of threads on how it affects some peoples' phones once it is released. I can already guess some: "smooth as butter - wonderful" "my phone now lags worse than ever, I wish I never upgraded" "and all kinds of comments in between"

Again, you probably will have a choice, so don't do it the first day or week it shows up and see what real users think. Then decide.
    Thank you for your reply.

Is it possible to downgrade to earlier versions of firmware?

The aim is getting better battery performance.

I do know that there may be problem about security.

Infact, i searched about it and i couldn't find detailed installation explanation. I couldn't dare. I also couldn't find the suitable version (The one with minor bugs).
    06-20-18 09:39 AM
    I don't know how to say...
    Is "screen time" 8-10 hours normal?
    Should it be more?
    06-20-18 10:09 AM

Infact, i searched about it and i couldn't find detailed installation explanation. I couldn't dare. I also couldn't find the suitable version (The one with minor bugs).
    I have not done or tried to downgrade. It might be possible using some of the autoloaders posted in Sticky threads near the top of this forum. But I think some models cannot be changed with autoloaders. So, bottom line, I'm not sure.
    06-20-18 11:36 AM
    I have not done or tried to downgrade. It might be possible using some of the autoloaders posted in Sticky threads near the top of this forum. But I think some models cannot be changed with autoloaders. So, bottom line, I'm not sure.
    Thank you. It's very confusing. If i try and success downgrading, i will prepare a simple guide
    06-20-18 12:00 PM
    There is no evidence to suggest that BlackBerry is doing anything similar to Apple's POWERD and processor management initiatives.

BlackBerry after all has built a brand name on massive battery life, security and keyboard. it does them no good to throw that out now.

As evidence, I'm on K1 PRD-63116-042 running latest OTA firmware AAY819. I recently ran my battery all the way down. It took two full days to do so. (my experience is not everyone's as I have a work device that gets usage as well and don't have fb app installed)

Worrying about downgrading may be a moot point.
    06-20-18 01:59 PM

if you use an autoloader, you can downgrade. a bunch have done this after updating and getting the wifi bug so downgrading to the February patch has fixed that issue. as far as security, I'm not overly concerned about the patches missing since February, however, if there was a patch for a critical security flaw like the KRACK issue in the fall, i would start weighing my options.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-21-18 10:25 AM