My KEYone is getting more and more sluggish and apps hanging etc. I am resetting the stupid thing several times a day and feel like throwing it, much like I did the Android RAZR I had when I got off the reservation a couple of years ago.

I installed CCleaner and regularly clean things, but not getting better.

Any suggestions? I never thought I would hear myself saying to myself of a BlackBerry "I hate this phone!" As it continually has to be reset
    11-29-18 11:29 AM
    My KEYone is getting more and more sluggish and apps hanging etc. I am resetting the stupid thing several times a day and feel like throwing it, much like I did the Android RAZR I had when I got off the reservation a couple of years ago.

I installed CCleaner and regularly clean things, but not getting better.

Any suggestions? I never thought I would hear myself saying to myself of a BlackBerry "I hate this phone!" As it continually has to be reset
    What OS are you on?
    11-29-18 11:40 AM
    Android 7.1.1 Build ABD564 Kernel 3.18.31 Security Patch July 1
    11-29-18 03:25 PM
    Android 7.1.1 Build ABD564 Kernel 3.18.31 Security Patch July 1
    Go to settings, storage, internal, and click cached data.

That number should never be allowed to go above 800MB or so.
    11-29-18 03:51 PM
    It is only 221MB. any other ideas? this phone is so sluggish and apps like textra, hub and docs to go are hanging regularly
    11-29-18 04:01 PM
    It is only 221MB. any other ideas? this phone is so sluggish and apps like textra, hub and docs to go are hanging regularly
    Well, clear it anyway, as it could be corrupted.

After that, do a 32 second reboot.

After that, if you're still having a problem, do a factory reset.

I have an original silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ, and things are behaving well - so it should for you too.
    11-29-18 05:00 PM
    I sure hope you are right. Right now I am hating this phone. I just hate it. If it weren't for the keyboard I would throw it. of course if none of the apps or productivity aspects work what good is a keyboard.
    There is like a two or more second delay on every application.

Any instructions on a factory reset?
    Last edited by thidisbogus; 11-29-18 at 06:05 PM.
    11-29-18 05:36 PM
    I sure hope you are right. Right now I am hating this phone. I just hate it. If it weren't for the keyboard I would throw it. of course if none of the apps or productivity aspects work what good is a keyboard.

Any instructions on a factory reset?
    Make sure your documents and media are on your SD card or the cloud, your email/contacts/calendar are cloud-synced, and just do it.
    11-29-18 05:42 PM
    how do you actually do the reset?
    11-29-18 09:10 PM
    how do you actually do the reset?
    Settings, reset options.
    11-29-18 11:16 PM
    I HATE this BlackBerry! I did a complete factory reset along with he associated inconveniences and I am still getting the lag, "textra (or name your app) isn't responding, do you wish to wait, close or send feedback?"

Getting the hesitation when simply typing texts etc. any other suggestions?
    12-05-18 02:28 PM
    Can you update to Oreo? My KEYone was a brand new phone after the update. No lag at all anymore
    12-05-18 03:01 PM
    my keyone was updated to oreo and had all that lag & such... then came the screen pop and TCL sent a replacement (same PRD) which runs like a top with all the same stuff on it...
    12-05-18 03:17 PM
    my keyone was updated to oreo and had all that lag & such... then came the screen pop and TCL sent a replacement (same PRD) which runs like a top with all the same stuff on it...
    What is PRD and how did you get them to replace it?
    12-05-18 09:39 PM
    Can you update to Oreo? My KEYone was a brand new phone after the update. No lag at all anymore
    How do I determine if it is on Oreo or not?
    12-05-18 09:40 PM
    How do I determine if it is on Oreo or not?
    Oreo is version 8.x. Check the Update icon & see if there's an update. After the update that icon will disappear & the update check with be under settings like it used to be on the PRIV.

Your earlier post said that you are on version 7, which is Nougat
    12-05-18 10:29 PM
    Oreo is version 8.x. Check the Update icon & see if there's an update. After the update that icon will disappear & the update check with be under settings like it used to be on the PRIV.

Your earlier post said that you are on version 7, which is Nougat
    Still on 7. Oreo works better?
    12-05-18 10:56 PM
    Still on 7. Oreo works better?
    A lot better! The phone works like it did when I first got it. Very little lag. Oreo handles the cache & ram more efficiently & it shows in how much better the phone works
    12-05-18 11:22 PM
    I cannot find anywhere to upgrade. I am on CDMA Verizon. Is it because Verizon is blocking it?

I have looked in "About Phone" and all through the Settings but cannot find an upgrade or update option.
    12-06-18 04:15 AM
    A lot better! The phone works like it did when I first got it. Very little lag. Oreo handles the cache & ram more efficiently & it shows in how much better the phone works
    Looks like I am screwed along with however many thousands of others that bought a KEYone and assumed it would be halfway supported.

Give me a break, not even one OS upgrade supported on the CDMA version?

What are my options now?
    12-06-18 06:37 PM
    Looks like I am screwed along with however many thousands of others that bought a KEYone and assumed it would be halfway supported.

Give me a break, not even one OS upgrade supported on the CDMA version?

What are my options now?
    I have no idea if Verizon released the Oreo update. The Update option in version 7 is a separate icon, meaning it is it's own app and should be somewhere among your list of apps.
    12-06-18 06:56 PM
    I have no idea if Verizon released the Oreo update. The Update option in version 7 is a separate icon, meaning it is it's own app and should be somewhere among your list of apps.
    No, either Verizon or BBMob screwed us. No Oreo although, no reason or statement was ever made. I THINK even Sprint was definitive about no oreo. Verizon - well, ahem, SILENCE.

And NO G-D security update since July.
    12-06-18 09:50 PM