This is just a quick observation about the KEYone geometry and screen design.

When an object of more or less uniform rigidity is subjected to equal torque on opposite sides, the greatest deformation will occur at the midpoint between them.

On most glass slab phones that doesn't matter much, because the midpoint is in the middle of the glass, so the glass increases rigidity, up until the point that it breaks.

But on the KEYone, the bottom of the glass is very near the point at which the flex of the phone is at a maximum, so, instead of reinforcing the phone, the rigidity of the glass will cause it to pop out, as we've seen.

Adhesive may be able to help, but that dynamic is inherent in the phone's design.

The best way to prevent the issue from occurring is to design the phone to be as rigid as possible. I would love a thicker solid aluminum frame

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 06-09-17 at 09:58 AM.
    06-09-17 06:21 AM
    Torsion force. A little I-beam across the lateral section located underneath where the screen meets the keyboard might solve this.
    Last edited by Tim-ANC; 06-09-17 at 07:35 AM. Reason: typo
    06-09-17 07:07 AM
    I agree with u...based on solid mechanical, they need to change the design because the end point of the screen really near with force...put adhesive is not help at all...,other than that,maybe they can use better material at the back to withstand the force acting on the phone

Posted via CB10
    MyriadeCoh likes this.
    06-09-17 07:19 AM
    Torsion force. A little I-beam across the lateral section located underneath where the screen meets the keyboard might solve this.
    You're a better mechanical engineer than I.

Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-09-17 08:22 AM
    You're a better mechanical engineer than I.

Airplane mechanic. I see what the engineers do wrong.
    Johberry likes this.
    06-09-17 08:26 AM
    I see your point and it's well made. But even the so called test itself is pointless except for at what point does it fail. And I thought it too be a reasonable failure point, the metal side permanently bent. More of a concern is a 2 foot drop onto a car center and screen comes apart as well as the mention in jerryrig there is no glue.
    06-09-17 08:40 AM
    Before this iphone 6 face with same issue, bend phone...tcl need to learn from it..besides that,before this bb never face this problem because the manufacturer is real bb...tcl need to fix this , make the retest and upload the video to raise the confidence

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 08:45 AM
    OP is correct. Bottom line is slab phones have a 'bend' advantage due to glass structure adding rigidity.
    06-09-17 09:01 AM