Hello,

I've tried searching for this issue on the forum and while there were many similar threads I couldn't find a solution to my particular problem. Here goes:

I have a BB Key One. I'm trying to get both Latin alphabet input and Cyrillic alphabet input on my physical keyboard. I am able to set 2 languages, English and Bulgarian and while I am able to cycle through the 2 keyboards with alt+enter the input of the physical keyboard is always English. If I enable the virtual keyboard it cycles through both languages with no problem and changes the symbols on it but the physical one always stays in English. Anyone ideas?

Thanks.
    03-12-21 04:12 PM
    Hello,

I've tried searching for this issue on the forum and while there were many similar threads I couldn't find a solution to my particular problem. Here goes:

I have a BB Key One. I'm trying to get both Latin alphabet input and Cyrillic alphabet input on my physical keyboard. I am able to set 2 languages, English and Bulgarian and while I am able to cycle through the 2 keyboards with alt+enter the input of the physical keyboard is always English. If I enable the virtual keyboard it cycles through both languages with no problem and changes the symbols on it but the physical one always stays in English. Anyone ideas?

Thanks.
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Post early and post often.....

I have no idea but I wanted to bump your post and wish you luck.
    hristoanev likes this.
    03-12-21 09:41 PM
    Hello,

Thanks.
    Hello,

Unfortunately, Blackberry has not enabled Bulgarian input on the physical keyboard on their Android BB keyboard application.

As a result, switching to Bulgarian forces the virtual keyboard to come up.

On BB10, Bulgarian wasn't even an option.

A compromise would be to enable Russian keyboard input. This will allow Cyrillic input on the physical keyboard, except of course the downside is Russian text prediction/correction and not Bulgarian.

I've read that other Bulgarian users have tried Russian translit.
    hristoanev likes this.
    03-13-21 02:39 AM
    Good advice. My Bulgarian friend Georgi did it the same way.
    03-13-21 03:35 AM