Can any PKB devices be expected? I have a significant need for that feature, and am concerned if the difficult history of PKB over the last 3 BlackBerry devices has queered the concept forevermore with special additional reference to those outside the bb/TCL realm who might have proffered an offering but hesitate in view of the numbers.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    10-01-17 12:29 PM
    not over but surely not mainstream.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-01-17 01:27 PM
    Come on furieux, let your guard down and admit that the KEYone is a pretty decent phone. Enjoy it a little! :-)
    RoseBud68 and duncan86 like this.
    10-01-17 05:33 PM
    After the Krypton, BlackBerry Mobile is supposed to come out with a high end pkb device.
    10-01-17 05:39 PM
    come on... its been dead for 5 years. im really praying for a future pbk via tcl and bbm but that might not happen...
    ppl would love the keyone in business if they marketed it.
    TCM01 likes this.
    10-01-17 05:50 PM
    After the Krypton, BlackBerry Mobile is supposed to come out with a high end pkb device.
    The only problem with high end devices is the price increase, meaning lost sales, and then the week after the high end device is released all the closet people come out and trash it because the latest "astrowhatever" has better specs.

I think that the KEYᵒⁿᵉ currently fits the profile of a potentially successful phone but needs a lot more promotion before even attempting a release of a second PKB phone.

That being said I'm sure that they are developing a follow up to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ but I wouldn't be anticipating one for at least a year until they can regain some brand market share and it appears that they are attempting to do so even though sometimes it's painfully slow!

Also don't forget that America is a lost market for the BlackBerry brand and in reality there is much more potential for growth outside of America at least for the present.
    10-01-17 06:23 PM
    Got a link?
    10-01-17 07:35 PM
    blackberry market share increased I think 28% compared to apples 9% this last 2nd quarter.. good direction thus far: but we shall see what happens with the new upcoming release of iPhone X. I know many consumer bases are not happy phones are now over 1k USD..
    10-01-17 07:46 PM
    blackberry market share increased I think 28% compared to apples 9% this last 2nd quarter.. good direction thus far: but we shall see what happens with the new upcoming release of iPhone X. I know many consumer bases are not happy phones are now over 1k USD..
    But BlackBerry have nothing to do with devices, they are made by TCL.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 08:05 PM
    Where did you find these numbers?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 09:03 PM
    Forbes Sept 2017 https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ackberry-beats
    Attached Thumbnails Is the physical keyboard era over with?-3217.jpg  
    10-01-17 10:05 PM
    I love my KEYone so much I'd happily buy a KEYtwo just to support the brand. It'd be nice for it to have at least SOME compelling newness to it... but otherwise I'd be on board!
    duncan86 and BBUniq01 like this.
    10-01-17 10:22 PM
    Or maybe the BlackBerry Limited inspired KEYone was just the entry fee for the licensing agreement with TCL. If TCL's mid range PKB device isn't profitable, there's no reason for them to consider a high end one.
    10-01-17 11:29 PM
    don't see why they wouldn't pursue it, K1 made top seller on Amazon and I'm curious for AT&T to release their sales from K1
    10-01-17 11:33 PM
    Thats not market share, that's share growth in terms of Wall Street.
    TGR1 and pnfitz like this.
    10-01-17 11:49 PM
    If we don't get anymore PKB's there's only one person to blame for it and that's Alicia keys.

The damage she did as BB CEO cannot be overstated
    10-02-17 04:40 AM
    I love my KEYone so much I'd happily buy a KEYtwo just to support the brand. It'd be nice for it to have at least SOME compelling newness to it... but otherwise I'd be on board!
    Blackberry isn't like Apple releasing phones with minor improvements. I think BlackBerry will come out with newer and more improved phones spec wise and tech wise.
    Well I hope so at least anyway. I love my keyone it's epic!
    10-02-17 05:07 AM

Most of the rumors have been about a "high end" SLAB phone.... and those aren't mostly whispers based on TCL stating they'd release three devices this year.
    10-02-17 08:00 AM
    Sales will be low for any PKB phone.
    There's a generation of young adults that has never used a PKB.
    10-02-17 09:39 AM
    Young and old.... as most people didn't use a smartphone to well after Apple and Google had made the all touch the default design. When BlackBerry was at their peak, they had 80-85 million active users. Of those, I expect more than a few were STORM or TORCH users. Granted Palm, Windows and a few other makers had keyboards too back there. Still I expect by far most users went from a dumb phone, straight to an all touch smartphone phone. And the push has been for bigger and bigger screens - and less clutter. Most OEMs are phasing out their physical buttons....
    10-02-17 11:28 AM
    Young and old.... as most people didn't use a smartphone to well after Apple and Google had made the all touch the default design. When BlackBerry was at their peak, they had 80-85 million active users. Of those, I expect more than a few were STORM or TORCH users. Granted Palm, Windows and a few other makers had keyboards too back there. Still I expect by far most users went from a dumb phone, straight to an all touch smartphone phone. And the push has been for bigger and bigger screens - and less clutter. Most OEMs are phasing out their physical buttons....
    If you go back 15 yrs or so most people had the candy bar style phones and a lot of people in the business world jumped to BlackBerry.

I find the evolution of the phone amusing... From the brick and bag phones to small candy bar phones to the current tablet sized phone. I also find it amusing that it has taken forever for phone manufacturers to do away with their home buttons. That has been one of the hardest things to get used coming from BB10.
    10-02-17 11:47 AM
    A. That's not market share, that's share price gain.
    B. Its easier to gain when your stock is at rock bottom.
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-02-17 12:41 PM
    A. That's not market share, that's share price gain.
    B. Its easier to gain when your stock is at rock bottom.
    And this is very true, although there is some very positive things happening to blackberry. I'd like to see the numbers on the KEYone
    10-02-17 01:09 PM
    Agreed. But that doesn't mean necessarily that the market is not large enough to make the concept viable.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-02-17 01:28 PM
    Perhaps I'll upgrade? to note 8 from passport se next year. But I'll miss the pkb for sure, I don't like vkb. But key one screen is a stepback after passport for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-17 12:21 AM
62 123