When I select a photo then the Share icon, I am seeing some odd email addresses and contacts (that do not exist on my device and actually have never existed in my contacts). Where is this list coming from?

If I click on More, I'm seeing a couple email addresses I may have emailed months ago but don't have them stored as a contact(so it's not recent contacts).

I've gone into the photos app and cleared the cache but they are still there. These aren't even contacts I can delete so how do I get rid of these?

If I have a file then Share, it just lists the apps to share with, which is what I want.
    02-14-18 01:45 PM
    Google maintains a list of pretty much every contact that comes through your email even if they're not necc. added to your address book. You might want to take a look online, not using your phone, to see everything they have and edit as you see fit. Make sure you check 'Other Contacts' as well. - https://contacts.google.com/

As for only sharing to apps only, you can't. That's simply not how the sharing mechanism through Google Play Photos works. If you don't like it and just want to share to apps only, then switch from Google Play Photos to a different app, like Picktures or whatever else you may prefer.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-14-18 02:04 PM
    I don't have my Google account set to sync contacts or calendar so they shouldn't be coming from Google. My main contact list is from hotmail as well as my corporate email. Checked the Other Contacts and low and behold there they are! So weird because I have literally everything to do with Google Sync turned off.

I deleted them all from Google and even rebooted my phone and they are all still listed.
    02-20-18 02:57 PM