I have been following and you can't tell anything from an Instagram photo. And again, BB and BB reps are going to say that the camera is great. I expect to hear from them it is the best camera ever from BB, etc etc. I just want proof since every other aspect of this device has been examined and opined on so far. I may not get this request, but in order for me to ditch my 1.5 year old Priv and spend $600 on this phone, that is one thing I will need to see.
    03-20-17 12:31 PM
    That argument could be made with any aspect of the phone when in pre-production. It can't really be an excuse when everything else is so open.
    Everything else? Tell me about the keyboard feel, the quickness of the OS with using apps, the quality of the mics, the quality of the speakers, ...
    03-20-17 12:36 PM
    Those aspects have been examined via hands on videos multiple times. If you can point me to any such examination of the camera, I would appreciate it. I am just trying to determine if I want to pre-order when it becomes available.
    03-20-17 12:40 PM
    I have been following and you can't tell anything from an Instagram photo. And again, BB and BB reps are going to say that the camera is great. I expect to hear from them it is the best camera ever from BB, etc etc. I just want proof since every other aspect of this device has been examined and opined on so far. I may not get this request, but in order for me to ditch my 1.5 year old Priv and spend $600 on this phone, that is one thing I will need to see.
    You'll get your request, just not now. And even if you got your request now, with a pre-production model, would it be enough? Or would you need proof from a final production model?
    03-20-17 12:43 PM
    You'll get your request, just not now. And even if you got your request now, with a pre-production model, would it be enough? Or would you need proof from a final production model?
    If the request now was sufficient, it would be enough for me. In my expereince, there isn't a lot of difference in the pre-productions builds that are shown off to the public vs what is released weeks later. Many of the issues in pre-production builds of the Priv existed when launched in November 2015. This included the slow camera processing, overheating and overall lag.

If there are issues with the camera now, the extra time would be appreciated. However, I don't know that is the case.
    Last edited by DroidBerryGuy; 03-20-17 at 01:02 PM.
    03-20-17 12:46 PM
    That argument could be made with any aspect of the phone when in pre-production. It can't really be an excuse when everything else is so open.
    You push and push and push others to perform for you. Turn up at the nyc meet and greet this week if the phone integrity is that important to you, or have some patience ......

You seem to be treating the generosity of those who have posted their thoughts and findings re the phone with disdain.

That's poor form.
    herbersh likes this.
    03-20-17 03:52 PM
    Considering I live in Tennessee that won't happen. As a customer, my questions and concerns are just as valid than anyone's praise or excitement. I have even praised other aspects of the phone on here that have been discussed. I have done nothing more than ask for more information regarding the camera.

I don't believe I have said anything about anyone else's findings. Simply pointed out that the camera has been mentioned hardly any, especially by BB. For it to not even be a bullet point in the launch event was strange. The quietness since only amplifies that.

If you feel offended by my questions and desire for more information, I am sorry. You would think BB and BB fans would have a little more understanding now that they have managed to attain 0 percent of handset usage.

Maybe I am disgruntled since I paid $700 for the Priv a little over a year ago and now can't even get an answer as to whether our device will get N. That possibly may have something to do with the my suspicions.

I am pro BlackBerry and put my money where my mouth is. But blind support for a company who has made mistake after mistake is not cool. Questions and criticism should be encouraged and they should actually listen 5o folks for once.
    Dave Knight2, Bay 13 and mister2d like this.
    03-20-17 04:08 PM
    People who attend the meetups, like myself, get our answers for ourselves. Looking at the cameras was not my interest at the meetup or press conference in Barcelona. I saw what I wanted to see.
    anon(3641385) and kitmo like this.
    03-20-17 04:53 PM
    People who attend the meetups, like myself, get our answers for ourselves. Looking at the cameras was not my interest at the meetup or press conference in Barcelona. I saw what I wanted to see.
    I can respect that. But surveys have shown that cameras are what sells phones now more than any other feature. I would argue that the lack thereof in the past for BB in this area would also explain in part why their sales declined to near zilch.

I am hopeful for the KeyOne camera. I was excited when it was released that it had the same camera as the Pixel. Just a little worried that we haven't heard more since as I figured that would be a great selling point.
    kitmo, Dave Knight2 and mister2d like this.
    03-20-17 05:21 PM
    Looking forward to the camera reviews!

Posted via CB10
    kitmo and Dave Knight2 like this.
    03-20-17 05:37 PM
    I don't need it to be the "best" in image quality. I'd settle for super fast, sharp, and in focus. So many times I'm fumbling with my Priv waiting for it to take the pic. Where as my friend's iPhones and Galaxys are point and snap.
    kitmo and Dave Knight2 like this.
    03-20-17 06:45 PM
    I can respect that. But surveys have shown that cameras are what sells phones now more than any other feature. I would argue that the lack thereof in the past for BB in this area would also explain in part why their sales declined to near zilch.

I am hopeful for the KeyOne camera. I was excited when it was released that it had the same camera as the Pixel. Just a little worried that we haven't heard more since as I figured that would be a great selling point.
    Please, read this review.
    kitmo and j21jam6 like this.
    03-20-17 06:51 PM
    Agree!
    03-20-17 06:51 PM
    I don't need it to be the "best" in image quality. I'd settle for super fast, sharp, and in focus. So many times I'm fumbling with my Priv waiting for it to take the pic. Where as my friend's iPhones and Galaxys are point and snap.
    It took me a minute but after a bit of playing around I get pictures that come out much better than my iPhone 6 did, and I'd say on par to the 6s.

I have never waited for the priv to take a shot. Point, choose your focus point, click. Just like I had to do with the iPhone 6.
    03-20-17 07:32 PM
    It took me a minute but after a bit of playing around I get pictures that come out much better than my iPhone 6 did, and I'd say on par to the 6s.

I have never waited for the priv to take a shot. Point, choose your focus point, click. Just like I had to do with the iPhone 6.
    I point, focus point, click... then wait about a second while the Priv takes the pic.

ARe you on the latest camera update? Because I can't use that one. It takes fast blurry pics whereas the older versions take slower but sharper pics.

From the reviews on the Play Store, I'm not alone with this problem.
    03-20-17 07:39 PM
    I point, focus point, click... then wait about a second while the Priv takes the pic.

ARe you on the latest camera update? Because I can't use that one. It takes fast blurry pics whereas the older versions take slower but sharper pics.

From the reviews on the Play Store, I'm not alone with this problem.
    Definitely a delay, especially with HDR.
    03-20-17 09:02 PM
    Definitely a delay, especially with HDR.
    Even with a professional camera, there's going to be some delay taking an HDR, since it's multiple exposures. I believe the 625 is better suited with 8 cores and a faster GPU.
    03-20-17 09:18 PM
    Even with a professional camera, there's going to be some delay taking an HDR, since it's multiple exposures. I believe the 625 is better suited with 8 cores and a faster GPU.
    LOL this kind of delay is not normal.
    03-20-17 09:19 PM
    LOL this kind of delay is not normal.
    18mp mated with an 808. I bet it's an above normal delay.

I've seen some outstanding images produced from a Priv though.
    03-20-17 09:23 PM
    Love the phone and camera, but it is very annoying when trying to take shots in a timely manner.
    03-20-17 09:26 PM
    Love the phone and camera, but it is very annoying when trying to take shots in a timely manner.
    From my hands on experience with the KEYone, that will not be an issue.
    03-20-17 09:29 PM
    From my hands on experience with the KEYone, that will not be an issue.
    That's good to hear. I just hope that doesn't come at the sake of image quality.

Do you know if the camera will have OIS?
    03-20-17 09:30 PM
    That's good to hear. I just hope that doesn't come at the sake of image quality.

You will find the same response from everyone who's tried the camera. Did you click my link?

I'm not sure about OIS. I know the Pixel doesn't use it, and instead uses the gyroscope with excellent results.
    03-20-17 09:35 PM

You will find the same response from everyone who's tried the camera. Did you click my link?

I'm not sure about OIS. I know the Pixel doesn't use it, and instead uses the gyroscope with excellent results.
    03-20-17 09:36 PM
    03-20-17 09:38 PM
65 123