I'd just leave this one here for the sheer deliciousness.
    Photo, Shot With The Blackberry KEYone-c7tjyvxw4aa7ztk.jpgPhoto, Shot With The Blackberry KEYone-screen-shot-2017-03-20-4.14.56-am.jpg
    03-19-17 10:17 PM
    Hmm... looks a bit noisy...
    Kaizerin and DesRee like this.
    03-20-17 12:19 AM
    Pretty crisp image
    03-20-17 12:42 AM
    Hmm... looks a bit noisy...
    Sure does!
    03-20-17 01:53 AM
    Looks great some will see noise and others quality!
    03-20-17 02:19 AM
    Best BB camera, but has no chance against the big boys, as i previously said.
    03-20-17 02:30 AM
    The noise is there clear to see just going to be an okayish camera at best.
    03-20-17 02:33 AM
    Sure does!
    How can you say that evaluating a picture that has been compressed by CB app to be posted on a forum?

James can you post the link to download the uncompressed pic?
    03-20-17 02:47 AM
    I downloaded the image from Twitter (pic.twitter.com) and examined it on my desktop. It's pretty compressed, thus noisy. There's a lot of JPEG ringing/compression artifacts. Just a quick look at the text on the newspaper will show this, especially around the tiny text. To be fair, the image is only 1024 x 683 and about 100KB, which is pretty low resolution. The aspect ratio is 1.5:1, which is correct for the KEYone, so it may be real, just low resolution and compressed.
    03-20-17 03:32 AM
    Nice to see again so called experts with their fast Analysis and then get first teached that mainly all photos are harmed by jpeg.

I look positively forward to this cam. Thanks for Posting the photos.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 03:43 AM
    This is what I'm hoping for, at the very least:

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=pureview

Nokia PureView on the Nokia 808, released June 2012, and later Lumia 1020, released July 2013.

Even when there's noise, the noise structure looks like film noise/grain.
    03-20-17 03:46 AM
    Difficult to evaluate without knowing camera settings. For instance if this picture was taken handheld (assumed) at twilight with settings adjusted to brighten the image, then the picture quality is phenomenal.

The second picture is quite poor in comparison to the first. In the second nothing looks in focus. I would not bother even looking at that second shot to make any judgement on any camera.

Looks to me that the photographer just took a quick shot to gauge general image quality without really thinking about what might make a good ‘test’ shot. The fact he provided two shots of the same scene suggests he is not well versed in producing images for sensor/camera review.

The picture looks like it might be focused on the glass object, however focusing on such a transparent object is difficult at the best of times, and even if it is well achieved, due to the transparent nature of this object it will fail to pop and look sharp.

This picture also displays light extremes which makes it a difficult shot to use as a review image for the sensor/camera. For instance you have extreme brightness on the right, on the glass object and side of sofa, and then you have wood detail in the in a much darker area on the bottom right hand corner).

A better review shot would have been to remove the cactus in jar item (or replace the object with something more opaque). Perhaps changing shooting angle to get a more even light distribution within the room. Also a landscape shot through the window would be more useful. A shot of solely the wooden table or part of one of its interesting features would also have been better.
    03-20-17 04:04 AM
    Looks good enough for me, even at this resolution and compressed state. As long as it's better than the Passport camera, which I dig very well.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 04:06 AM
    Photo, Shot With The Blackberry KEYone-img_20161101_173725.jpg
    Passport picture for comparison. Will also be scaled down due to compression of cb (4:3 aspect ratio features even better resolution)

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    03-20-17 04:15 AM
    The KEYone's camera will be decent. Probably the best one to date, but it's still a camera phone. If you need a DSLR quality picture, just buy one. For me, the pic looks fine for what it's intended for. My 2 cents worth.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and sonicpix like this.
    03-20-17 07:55 AM
    Difficult to evaluate without knowing camera settings. For instance if this picture was taken handheld (assumed) at twilight with settings adjusted to brighten the image, then the picture quality is phenomenal.

The second picture is quite poor in comparison to the first. In the second nothing looks in focus. I would not bother even looking at that second shot to make any judgement on any camera.

Looks to me that the photographer just took a quick shot to gauge general image quality without really thinking about what might make a good ‘test’ shot. The fact he provided two shots of the same scene suggests he is not well versed in producing images for sensor/camera review.

The picture looks like it might be focused on the glass object, however focusing on such a transparent object is difficult at the best of times, and even if it is well achieved, due to the transparent nature of this object it will fail to pop and look sharp.

This picture also displays light extremes which makes it a difficult shot to use as a review image for the sensor/camera. For instance you have extreme brightness on the right, on the glass object and side of sofa, and then you have wood detail in the in a much darker area on the bottom right hand corner).

A better review shot would have been to remove the cactus in jar item (or replace the object with something more opaque). Perhaps changing shooting angle to get a more even light distribution within the room. Also a landscape shot through the window would be more useful. A shot of solely the wooden table or part of one of its interesting features would also have been better.
    The first image is the shot. The second image is a screen capture of the twitter post, to offer the author credit.

As said, this is pre-production hardware and software. I fully expect @James Nieves will provide some excellent image examples for us to judge, once he has a more retail ready product in his hands. The kid knows what he's doing. #keepthefaith
    03-20-17 08:17 AM
    Hi guys! Shot was literally point and shoot in auto mode. If you're familiar with Twitter they recently made changes that make it so any tweeted image gets a ton of ugly JPEG compression added to it. This is a server/bandwidth thing to "optimize" the mobile experience.

I didn't stop to offload the image source I shot it straight to Twitter to share with you all. That said it's totally a tease! I can say that the camera performs really well even on preproduction software.

Coming from the Google Pixel camera quality and speed is important for me, and I feel confident the KEYone will meet my high expectations.
    tp2386, AmritD, FF22 and 7 others like this.
    03-20-17 08:30 AM
    Thanks James for explanation. Considering that you HAVE tried again the KEYone pre production just like we did in Barcelona. Comments are well valued when hardware in question is tried. But then again on sidelines always the so called experts who will make conclusive statements without evening coming close to the hardware. Lol.
    03-20-17 08:44 AM
    Hope my previous post didn't come across too harsh or critical. I think it was a response to the high noise suggestions and my frustration with having to wait so long to get the K1!! I may need to get onto eBay to allay my gear acquisition syndrome!
    03-20-17 09:48 AM
    Nice to see again so called experts with their fast Analysis and then get first teached that mainly all photos are harmed by jpeg.
    The issue here isn't JPEG compression (which can be minimized), it's that these are not the original image files created by the KEYone. The original image files would be several Megabytes. The images I downloaded here were less than 100K.
    James Nieves and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-20-17 09:57 AM
    Coming from the Google Pixel camera quality and speed is important for me, and I feel confident the KEYone will meet my high expectations.
    Thanks for clarifying. I don't need the camera to be the best, I'll be happy if it's really good and all indications are that it will be.

BTW, gonna miss the berryflow episodes but glad you're on with the OG Crackberry podcasts now.
    James Nieves and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-20-17 10:20 AM
    So now we have (1) photo taken with the KeyOne and it tells us nothing. Geez. Would someone please just take a photo with the phone, do not edit it and upload it to the site that doesn't compress the images? We all understand it is pre production, but I would still like to see a good photo from the phone, possibly comparing it to a photo taken by the Priv or DTek60.

With all due respect to those who say that "it won't let you down" or that "it is the best camera ever for a BB", that really doesn't inspire me or too many others. Kinda like saying "most secure phone ever" two months after saying the phone before it was the "most secure phone ever."

We have seen 1000 photos of people holding the phone. The phone laying on a table. The phone side by side to other photos. But we only have (1) photo truly documented as being taken by the KeyOne.
    03-20-17 10:43 AM
    So now we have (1) photo taken with the KeyOne and it tells us nothing. Geez. Would someone please just take a photo with the phone, do not edit it and upload it to the site that doesn't compress the images? We all understand it is pre production, but I would still like to see a good photo from the phone, possibly comparing it to a photo taken by the Priv or DTek60.

With all due respect to those who say that "it won't let you down" or that "it is the best camera ever for a BB", that really doesn't inspire me or too many others. Kinda like saying "most secure phone ever" two months after saying the phone before it was the "most secure phone ever."

We have seen 1000 photos of people holding the phone. The phone laying on a table. The phone side by side to other photos. But we only have (1) photo truly documented as being taken by the KeyOne.
    I don't think you're going to get what you're after, an unedited KEYone photo, until after the review embargo is lifted. It wouldn't be fair to evaluate anyway because it's not final hardware and software tuned. A pre-production photo might look great, but a defect in the lens on production models might kill it. A pre-production photo might look terrible, but final software might look great. The Pixel XL had bad purple lines that got fixed later in software, for example.

https://productforums.google.com/for...le/uaERw6W5bKo
    BigBadWulf and PantherBlitz like this.
    03-20-17 11:52 AM
    That argument could be made with any aspect of the phone when in pre-production. It can't really be an excuse when everything else is so open.
    03-20-17 11:55 AM
    If you follow CBK on Instagram he posted a hot pic of his wife in Miami.
    He has been saying the camera is excellent and this from a guy that plays with pixel, Iphone, Samsung all day long.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-20-17 12:11 PM
65 123