How do you organize your photos?

On my Passport I simply moved them to folders and so mine are currently split between those folders and the camera app.

I like a lot of what google photos does and I uploaded some 3000 camera photos to it, but the lack of simple folder moving is frustrating. I suppose I could upload each folder, great a google photos folder, and then sort them that way. I do like the idea of them being in regular folders on the device as well. That way I can quickly copy them off the SD as needed.

How do you organize your photos? What way makes sense to you?

Also, I have an odd google photos issue I'll piggyback here: I started trying to sync my photos from my phone, but that was taking forever and so I downloaded the desktop syncer and did it from my PC. Now online I see some photos as only partially uploaded. However, if I go to the "recently uploaded" area, I see the full image. Anyone know how to resolve whatever conflict is here and have the full images show in google photos? They won't sync from the phone because they're already up there.
    06-07-17 01:26 AM
    Check out QuickPic. I'm not a fan of how Android deals with photos and QuickPic is the most tolerable for me.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-07-17 01:45 AM
    I would suggest checking out different gallery apps available on the Play Store. For example I am using "Piktures" by Diune which has a couple of options to filter and organize your viewed photos. I also used "F-Stop" but somehow kept prefering Piktures, as I sometimes had trouble deleting photos from my SD card, I am pretty sure the developers of F-Stop fixed the bug by now.
    06-07-17 04:01 AM
    Check out QuickPic.
    Just be aware that it has been acquired by Cheetah Mobile some time ago.

The version from before the acquisition can be found here.
    06-07-17 06:34 AM
    Just be aware that it has been acquired by Cheetah Mobile some time ago.

The version from before the acquisition can be found here.
    Why is Cheetah Mobile a problem? Never heard of them.
    06-07-17 06:52 AM
    Why is Cheetah Mobile a problem? Never heard of them.
    From the page I linked above:

If you're unfamiliar with Cheetah Mobile, they're one of those developers that create the apps that you end up having to remove from your family members' phones at Thanksgiving when they ask why it sucks so much now. They've created dozens and dozens of apps across a handful of near-identical Play Store publisher names, all of which are free and dripping with adware. Many of the apps that they provide are duplicates of features already installed on your phone, like flashlights, keyboards, and browsers - they're basically making unnecessary versions of standard apps that inject advertising into your life at every opportunity.
    06-07-17 06:53 AM
    From the page I linked above:
    Wow, that's weird. I've never experienced any problem from QuickPic. Not a single ad, device didn't slow down. Everything perfectly fine.
    06-07-17 06:59 AM
    Wow, that's weird. I've never experienced any problem from QuickPic. Not a single ad, device didn't slow down. Everything perfectly fine.
    IIRC after the reviews plummeted due to the simple fact that they acquired the software, they went slowly. For now it seems there "only" is some extensive tracking going on, i.e. the app reports everything you do with it to servers from Cheetah Mobile.

However, I don't know if it will pop up some ads once in a while as I don't use it.
    06-07-17 07:17 AM
    Both Piktures and QuickPic work fine. BUT PKB scrolling option is not working for full screen view of single pictures (QuickPic performs weird). This is a huge limitation. I would love to have a simple gallery with the capabilities of the "viewer" embedded in the K1 default camera (the only one able to scroll, zoom in, zoom out)
    06-07-17 07:40 AM
    Thanks for the replies. It's sad that there isn't a readily available go-to for this. Google Photos is so close. So close.
    06-07-17 09:49 AM
    I use f-stop pro.
    It has a nested folder view.
    I like to organize my photos in regular folders.
    06-07-17 10:14 AM
    Simple gallery is what I use, it's nice and light weight.
    06-07-17 10:16 AM
    A+ gallery is really good.
    06-07-17 10:40 AM
    Another +1 for F-Stop Gallery. I find the free version suitable enough. No ads and customization to your liking. I set up my own folders, can search by name, pin to top, exclude folders and favorite them. Performance is another. It refreshes fast so if you saved a photo from the web, there's a good chance it will show in the app when you launch it. It also let's you customize grid sizes and plays videos. I haven't found any comparable free apps that has these functions.
    06-07-17 11:40 PM
    Sorry for duplicate posting error. Cannot find a way to delete.
    06-07-17 11:41 PM