As a relatively new user of Android and new owner of a KEYone, I would be interested in knowing what apps you veterans, experts and sages use for: photos, contacts, and calendar. I posted this question previously and didn't get but one response, so I thought I'd try again.

I am particularly interested in apps that sync with computers (since I spend as much time at my desk with my computer as I do on the road with my smart phone), which is why, for example, I like Enpass instead of the native app for passwords. I also use OneDrive for docs.

I admit, I lean away from Google, so if you have alternatives, including ones that include a charge, I'd be interested.
    09-11-17 02:36 PM
    By default the KEYone has BlackBerry Contacts, BlackBerry Calendar, and Google Photos. When I was using my Priv/DTEK60 those were good enough for me, although I did try Piktures as a gallery for a while (and kept Google Photos's cloud sync features).
    09-11-17 02:59 PM
    quickpic for photos
    calengoo for calendar
    textra for sms

I havent found a good contact app yet.
    09-11-17 03:13 PM
    bb calender and contacts, google photos
    09-11-17 03:16 PM
    etar for calendar
    google contacts for contacts (unfortunately)
    gallery for photos/videos
    09-11-17 03:38 PM
    09-11-17 03:41 PM
    As a relatively new user of Android and new owner of a KEYone, I would be interested in knowing what apps you veterans, experts and sages use for: photos, contacts, and calendar. I posted this question previously and didn't get but one response, so I thought I'd try again.

I am particularly interested in apps that sync with computers (since I spend as much time at my desk with my computer as I do on the road with my smart phone), which is why, for example, I like Enpass instead of the native app for passwords. I also use OneDrive for docs.

I admit, I lean away from Google, so if you have alternatives, including ones that include a charge, I'd be interested.
    that's because you're asking for "android apps" specifically. I made this thread in the android apps forum for my KEYone https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...-apps-1124612/

and neefer made this one
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-bb10-1114001/

As for your original question, I'm reluctantly using google photos and calendar for now until i find better alternatives. I'm particularly waiting for BB Calendar to introduce text in the month view which they say they are working on releasing by year end.

For the Contacts, Blackberry Contacts is the best one i've used so far! What other contacts app can you automatically forward calls to voicemail for a specific contact, but still be able to text them? Blocking a contact blocks calls AND texts. Plus I love the business search feature that automatically fills in the phone numbers, addresses, and name of the business I want to add to my contacts.

I'm also thinking a good file manager can be a competent picture and video viewer too. Sandisk Memory Zone is a very media centric file manager with cloud support for box, dropbox, Google Drive, and One Drive. ASUS File Manager is amazing with support for Google Drive, One Drive, and ASUS Webstorage, but it doesn't view the picture files in order for some reason.
    09-11-17 03:53 PM