So it was fine for the first day, I think, but now it's dropped back to 4G. I'm in downtown Victoria. My passport never had anything but LTE here. Any ideas what's up? Anything I can do? Has had LTE here before.
    06-04-17 11:37 PM
    Are you sure it dropped down to just 4G? Those LTE letters are microsmall.
    06-05-17 12:15 AM
    Two screencaps. Recent one is with VLC player. Both in my apartment.
    Attached Thumbnails Phone not keeping LTE-50966.jpg  
    06-05-17 12:30 AM
    Seems I have to attach them separately
    Attached Thumbnails Phone not keeping LTE-50136.jpg  
    06-05-17 12:31 AM
    So it was fine for the first day, I think, but now it's dropped back to 4G. I'm in downtown Victoria. My passport never had anything but LTE here. Any ideas what's up? Anything I can do? Has had LTE here before.
    It's been like that the past few days! Rogers is tweaking the LTE+ update!
    Are you sure it dropped down to just 4G? Those LTE letters are microsmall.
    06-05-17 01:13 AM
    Rogers does theirs different than ATT. On my Classic it said LTE. On the Keyone it says 4G with LTE in microletters below the G. I mean you seriously need a magnifying glass to see that.
    gemoelle likes this.
    06-05-17 02:54 AM
    To be fair, on most of the devices I've owned, if I turn on WiFi, it doesn't show 4g or LTE. It's just hidden.

On some, I've had it say 4G when on WiFi, and switch to LTE when I change over to data.

So check that. Turn off WiFi and see how long it takes to show LTE.

If it's quick, you're fine. If it doesn't show until you leave the area and go outside or something, then you have an issue.
    06-05-17 04:01 AM
    It's been like that the past few days! Rogers is tweaking the LTE+ update!
    Ahh that'd explain it. I was having some issues with my passport on Friday (couldn't place calls). LTE is back, so hopefully it was just a network thing. Lack of LTE would be a deal breaker on the phone.
    06-05-17 09:07 AM
    To be fair, on most of the devices I've owned, if I turn on WiFi, it doesn't show 4g or LTE. It's just hidden.

On some, I've had it say 4G when on WiFi, and switch to LTE when I change over to data.

So check that. Turn off WiFi and see how long it takes to show LTE.

If it's quick, you're fine. If it doesn't show until you leave the area and go outside or something, then you have an issue.
    You're right my LTE doesn't show till WiFi is off, and it's quick!
    06-05-17 02:03 PM
    You're right my LTE doesn't show till WiFi is off, and it's quick!
    What?? So strange! It shouldn't do that though. If you're connected to LTE then whenever you're on WiFi you'll still be hooked to LTE. You should confirm that with Rogers.
    06-05-17 06:41 PM
    Same device. One screenshot with WiFi, one with WiFi off. Literally 2 seconds apart.

By turning off WiFi, the lte indicator shows up.

It doesn't mean I'm not on lte otherwise, just not for data.

I actually believe the phone switches to 2g/3g (depending on the network) while on WiFi, to not have the data connection active, when there is WiFi instead. Thereby saving power and data.

There is an option somewhere to always keep data on though.
    Attached Thumbnails Phone not keeping LTE-9361.jpg  
    06-05-17 07:39 PM
    On, seriously, fix the crackberry app on android, people can only upload one pic at a time.
    Attached Thumbnails Phone not keeping LTE-9359.jpg  
    06-05-17 07:40 PM
    That's normal if you do not have IMS/VoLTE service; the phone drops out of LTE when the data connection is not in use (e.g. on WiFi) since it has to do so to make or take a call anyway.
    gemoelle likes this.
    06-05-17 08:43 PM
    hhhm I'm just puzzled here 😕 AFAIK with any BB Android phone out there, whenever you're on wifi but with your mobile reception on and your data is on standby, you should be able to see which network technology you are connected. if previously, before hooked up to WiFi you're connected to LTE, when WiFi comes up your phone shouldn't move from LTE, it should stay there unless you move out of the LTE coverage area.

that's why, if K1 does like this, honestly, I'm confused 😕
    gemoelle likes this.
    06-06-17 09:50 AM
    I don't know what the case is with other carriers, but on Rogers I see the LTE status when WiFi is on. The problem I was having was actually a Rogers network error and has been resolved now.
    06-07-17 01:17 PM