So I use a pattern lock on my keyone.

Sometimes when I lock my phone (using power button) and I double tap to wake up and swipe up, ONLY SOMETIMES it asks me for a pattern and other times it unlocks without a pattern.

I thought maybe this had something to do with the length of time I've been inactive, however I've tested this after 1min of inactivity and it didn't ask me for my pattern....

Anyone else come across this issue?
    07-13-17 06:40 PM
    I also noticed this on my KeyOne but I am using finger sensor.
    07-13-17 10:48 PM
    I feel like I randomly get asked for my passcode instead of thumb scanner. thought this was just some random android os security feature..
    07-13-17 10:50 PM
    I feel like I randomly get asked for my passcode instead of thumb scanner. thought this was just some random android os security feature..
    Are you using a shortcut for the lock screen shortcut? I tried using that shortcut yesterday and I noticed it did a "full lock" where I couldn't use my fingerprint to unlock but it would ask for my pin like it does when you first unlock your phone after you boot it up.
    07-13-17 10:54 PM
    Are you using a shortcut for the lock screen shortcut? I tried using that shortcut yesterday and I noticed it did a "full lock" where I couldn't use my fingerprint to unlock but it would ask for my pin like it does when you first unlock your phone after you boot it up.
    I always use the power button or simply let it lock from being idle. What is the lock shortcut?
    07-13-17 10:56 PM
    I always use the power button or simply let it lock from being idle. What is the lock shortcut?
    It's when you assign a keyboard button or the convenience key to lock the phone. See photos!

07-13-17 11:04 PM
    Yeah this is SUPER annoying!
    07-14-17 02:01 AM
    So basically as of now you only have 2 options for ensuring a lock on your phone:

1) Use the 'Lock Screen' shortcut
    2) Hold down power button and click 'Lock now'
    07-14-17 08:27 AM
    So basically as of now you only have 2 options for ensuring a lock on your phone:

1) Use the 'Lock Screen' shortcut
    2) Hold down power button and click 'Lock now'
    or double tap to wake/lock on screen (have to activate in Settings)
    07-14-17 12:49 PM
    or double tap to wake/lock on screen (have to activate in Settings)
    This method doesn't ensure the phone locks though... (even though it should).

Now when I think about it, this bug makes the keyone the LEAST secure android phone imo lol
    07-16-17 11:04 AM
    Hey guys, I just realised why this was happening to me.

I had my smartwatch set as a 'trusted device'.
    When a trusted device connects to your phone, it disables the security settings.

Hope this helps others.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-16-17 11:18 PM