Sad but it is what it is...

And i dont need the Hub as much as i thought (atleast on an Andriod-based BB)

So just a quick tip!
    07-21-17 11:45 AM
    Coming from BB10 I could never disable the hub on my Keyone. Even if it is not as good as bb10, I just wouldn't even know how to manage all my notifications and different emails!

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    ezikiah likes this.
    07-21-17 02:27 PM
    Yes well known, the hub sucks. lmao
    07-21-17 02:28 PM
    you got me thinking now. Whats the alternative email client if you disable the hub? Because I only use the hub for 1 email address so if theres a faster, simpler option that is fine for me. Do I even need the BB launcher? I try to keep things as quick and simple as possible. i use Textra separately for texting and I dont need any notifications other than email. Would appreciate the help i'm new to Android.
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    07-21-17 02:40 PM
    you got me thinking now. Whats the alternative email client if you disable the hub? Because I only use the hub for 1 email address so if theres a faster, simpler option that is fine for me. Do I even need the BB launcher? I try to keep things as quick and simple as possible. i use Textra separately for texting and I dont need any notifications other than email. Would appreciate the help i'm new to Android.
    Some apps are better than others depending on the email provider. Gmail is installed by default but there are others; I personally use AquaMail because it gets push for everything I use while also working with email aliases. As for launcher, you'd lose keyboard shortcuts if you leave BlackBerry Launcher, but you can weigh it against the features offered by other launchers and see which one comes out on top.
    anon(10252394) likes this.
    07-21-17 03:11 PM
    It's not that bad in my opinion. What you need to disable is use of all other apps within Hub. I extensively use Hub for emails only. I do display the call logs and text messages there but nothing from Whatsapp, Instagram, Telegram etc.

It's a solid app if you like to use keyboard shortcuts and formatting.
    07-23-17 08:50 AM
    Sad but it is what it is...

And i dont need the Hub as much as i thought (atleast on an Andriod-based BB)

So just a quick tip!
    It makes sense as hub is what I would call more of a 4th party app. It takes 3rd party app information in order to put together and compose it's UI.

Blackberrys launcher is even less integrated than other makers launchers, which causes that it's self to be even slower than most like LG or samsung.

If you were to remove most of or stop using most of BlackBerry apps, you'd notice a significant increase in speed but at that point you might as well look at other android phones also.

Don't forget, you can also activate developer mode and tweek a few settings that allow apps to open faster or appear to open faster.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-17 09:39 AM
    I found out that while using blackberry launcher, it gets even slower each time I add more icons or widget to my homescreen. I guess it's caused by some app's icon has their widget automatically active in the background, in time you use the swipe up feature. It's better to disable swipe up for widget, it helps a bit but doesn't eliminate all the hiccups and lags.
    07-23-17 10:04 AM
    Nine for email/exchange
    07-23-17 03:49 PM
    I switched to Nova for my launcher. Way better if you want to customize things at all. Not sure why anyone would prefer the BlackBerry launcher. Fantastic.
    07-23-17 04:16 PM
    I switched to Nova for my launcher. Way better if you want to customize things at all. Not sure why anyone would prefer the BlackBerry launcher. Fantastic.
    people (including me) prefer the blackberry launcher because it's the only launcher where you can use keyboard shortcuts from the homescreen - which is basically the main point of the keyone.
    07-24-17 12:22 PM
    I use mailwise. really nice app for email. I love the conversation view that is different from most of the other email apps I've tried. I also use textra for texts and disabled the hub completely. some people love the hub I prefer things compartmentalized on my phone rather than everything all together.
    07-24-17 05:20 PM
    I just tried doing this and using the Gmail app for (1) work account and (3) personal accounts. I didn't notice much in the way of better battery life but the Gmail app was quicker to open. I made the change on Thursday of last week and while I thought I was happy I switched back to the hub today while responding to and composing work emails.

I had 2 things bring me back to the Hub, below they are listed in order of importance.

- When composing a new email to someone I have emailed before via my phone or work the hub recognizes said email address and will autofill that person's email address without them being in my contact list. The Gmail app does this through all my exchange contacts through our directory but it does not pull from an old email sent to a client and fill in their address without them being in my contacts app.

- This one is more of a small item, but I love how easy it is to say which notification I want to have what color of light. I have all personal emails as yellow, work email as red, texts from anyone but my wife as white; same with whatsapp, and wife texts are pink. The hub let's me control the work email LED and textra allows for text customization. With Gmail all email accounts were coming in red and I while I could live with it I like knowing if I have a work email waiting vs a personal.
    07-24-17 05:40 PM
    - This one is more of a small item, but I love how easy it is to say which notification I want to have what color of light. I have all personal emails as yellow, work email as red, texts from anyone but my wife as white; same with whatsapp, and wife texts are pink. The hub let's me control the work email LED and textra allows for text customization.
    Could you elaborate how to do the different LED colors? I can't figure out where to set the LED for non email accounts. Neither the Account setting offer that nor are there rules available for non email messages.
    07-25-17 12:53 AM
    Could you elaborate how to do the different LED colors? I can't figure out where to set the LED for non email accounts. Neither the Account setting offer that nor are there rules available for non email messages.
    Non email items like Whatsapp etc should have their own LED setup via in-app settings. If they don't have one, you can still use a 3rd party app like Light Flow.
    07-25-17 06:34 AM
    tnewton3 suggests that he sets colors for SMS and whatsapp in the hub, even differently for his wife's texts.
    07-25-17 06:47 AM
    I'm sorry if I was unclear on setup. I only have email accounts in my hub but this doesn't mean you can't have everything you want in the hub with different colors for certain notifications. You just control them differently. Here is how I accomplished all the different notifications.

- Email accounts setup in hub with own led color for specific accounts.

- Textra replaced my stock text app (paid for pro version) allows for you to set a color for all incoming texts as well as select a conversation and set a specific color to it. My wife and I have a color that is only attributed to her text. You can also set a color to a group conversation if you want.

- Whatsapp led notification is controlled through its own app, I treat it just like I receive a text so the color is the same for me.

Hope this helps and is more clear.
    07-25-17 08:42 AM