Greetings CB,

So I'm having an annoying bug whereby randomly, after ending a call, the Phone app's floating blue badges stay active. Their is no longer an active call as the other party has hung up, and clicking on the phone badge to manually hang up does nothing. The only way I can clear the badge is to go into Settings | Apps | Phone app, then Force Stop the entire app process. This happens a few times a day, usually when I have other apps open in the background. Trying to Track down which one to try and relate the issue, but haven't been able to do so. However, I think it may be related to Whatsapp, as that's usually running when this happens.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Phone Badges stay on screen after Oreo Update-screenshot_20180911-173043.jpg  
    09-11-18 05:54 PM
    Weird
    09-11-18 06:21 PM
    Have you done an @FF22 (patent pending) hard reset? Hold the power button down for 32 seconds no matter what the phone is doing and see if it clears up.
    yamahammer and FF22 like this.
    09-11-18 06:36 PM
    Have you done an @FF22 (patent pending) hard reset? Hold the power button down for 32 seconds no matter what the phone is doing and see if it clears up.
    Yes, actually not only that reset, but all three types of resets we can do. I even tried disabling & re-enabling the Phone app multiple times, but still no avail. I feel as if an app running in background may be interfering with the Phone app, or perhaps a permission issue. I know there is a 2nd Oreo update around the corner, so hoping that will fix it....

Did ya get that BlackBerry!?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-11-18 10:44 PM
    Yes, actually not only that reset, but all three types of resets we can do. I even tried disabling & re-enabling the Phone app multiple times, but still no avail. I feel as if an app running in background may be interfering with the Phone app, or perhaps a permission issue. I know there is a 2nd Oreo update around the corner, so hoping that will fix it....

Did ya get that BlackBerry!?
    Time to try a factory reset I guess?
    09-12-18 10:27 AM
    Time to try a factory reset I guess?
    I have so many apps, setups and tweaks that I'd prefer to wait till I upgrade to the Key2 before I have to go through that mess twice.
    09-12-18 10:42 AM
    I have so many apps, setups and tweaks that I'd prefer to wait till I upgrade to the Key2 before I have to go through that mess twice.
    I hear ya. Takes me days to get my setup tweaked just the way I like it.
    09-12-18 11:02 AM
    I had same issue. It eventually went away.
    09-12-18 11:47 AM
    uninstall phone app and reboot, let it reinstall
    09-12-18 12:37 PM
    uninstall phone app and reboot, let it reinstall
    It won't allow an uninstall unless I root the phone and some other steps which might put things even worse. From a regular user stand point, you can only disable the Phone app. Moreover, there are a few other system apps that work with the phone app.
    09-12-18 07:23 PM
    It won't allow an uninstall unless I root the phone and some other steps which might put things even worse. From a regular user stand point, you can only disable the Phone app. Moreover, there are a few other system apps that work with the phone app.
    Disable, enable
    09-12-18 10:00 PM
    Disable, enable
    Yes, definitely did plenty of that.
    09-13-18 05:02 AM
    wow your homescreen and notifications are a mess. this would make me crazy xD
    09-13-18 10:27 AM
    wow your homescreen and notifications are a mess. this would make me crazy xD
    LOL! My brother tells me the same.... Everything is actually purposefully and well organized, and moreover, that's only my Home screen, there are two more like it and I use around 75% of the apps on all 3 screens daily or in the least every 2 to 3 days (all apps on home screen you see almost daily).

When I say I'm a power user, I'm not kidding around. I actually surprise ppl that tell me "you don't need a physical keyboard after you get used to........", the I turn my phone around and show them how I just typed everything they just said while they were saying it.

Love these BlackBerry masterpieces, just need them to keep up with me throughout my insane days and hardcore continuous use.
    09-13-18 05:13 PM
    LOL! My brother tells me the same.... Everything is actually purposefully and well organized, and moreover, that's only my Home screen, there are two more like it and I use around 75% of the apps on all 3 screens daily or in the least every 2 to 3 days (all apps on home screen you see almost daily).

When I say I'm a power user, I'm not kidding around. I actually surprise ppl that tell me "you don't need a physical keyboard after you get used to........", the I turn my phone around and show them how I just typed everything they just said while they were saying it.

Love these BlackBerry masterpieces, just need them to keep up with me throughout my insane days and hardcore continuous use.
    This is my Keyone homescreen lol. Most of the time i rely on keyboard shortcuts. I have a second page for some apps that didn't made it into shortcuts. And some for pull down widgets
    Attached Thumbnails Phone Badges stay on screen after Oreo Update-182362.jpg  
    09-14-18 08:36 AM
    This is my Keyone homescreen lol. Most of the time i rely on keyboard shortcuts. I have a second page for some apps that didn't made it into shortcuts. And some for pull down widgets
    That's like the Dream Screen!

I try to minimize steps for everything, hence why I use the home screen to that extent. I can't always remember the shortcuts, so more typically use the KB for contacts and perhaps just a few app shortcuts as well.
    Last edited by willyq711; 09-17-18 at 07:27 AM.
    09-15-18 01:17 PM
    So after a few emails with BlackBerry, they recommended I clear my phone Storage (Cash and date), and that this would NOT delete my phone log records. I backed up my phone logs and cleared all data. They also asked I enable Developer Mode (which I already have enabled) and turn on Bug reporting for later sending. It's been 2 days and thus far no faulty phone float badge, but I am on vacay so the hardcore testing is upon my return. BTW, clearing the data did not delete my phone log records, so that was as they said.
    gebco likes this.
    09-23-18 09:08 AM
    I personally don't care for the floating UI. Quick way to turn this off is to go into the phone app settings, scroll to the bottom and turn off "permit drawing over other apps."

09-23-18 12:56 PM
    Thanks BLAZED... I would most definitely prefer to have it off as well, but being that I go in and out of apps while on an active call, not to mention hitting the mute function by mistake now and then, It actually helps to have it there.
    09-27-18 12:58 PM
    I get around that by pulling down on the notification bar during phone calls, it allows you to still hangup and do other functions without being in the phone app. Also, when on mute you can see a little crossed out Mic in the status bar, using the convenience key as a direct mute works great. So far I have not missed the floating GUI.
    jamesharmeling and FF22 like this.
    09-27-18 01:04 PM