Hey all. The stock phone app stinks. I shouldn't have to have two presses to get the option to delete a phone call. The number should automatically be visible with their name in the call log, not behind another menu press. Rant over.

So, with Android being the swap-your-app OS, I'm looking for a replacement app with visual voicemail built in. Surely there are a slew of apps waiting for me to try, right?
    06-02-18 08:24 PM
    One with visual voicemail built-in? Not sure there is one...but I could be wrong
    06-03-18 01:09 AM
    One with visual voicemail built-in? Not sure there is one...but I could be wrong
    Thank you. I heard of the Pixel/Oreo phone app that has this, but it still has the same functionality as the stock app. If all else fails, I may download the apk and install it.
    06-03-18 02:08 AM
    Thank you. I heard of the Pixel/Oreo phone app that has this, but it still has the same functionality as the stock app. If all else fails, I may download the apk and install it.
    No problem. I was using AT&T's visual voicemail which worked good but I just switched to Cricket (alot cheaper for same service), now I'm using their visual voicemail which looks pretty much the same as AT&T's. Go figure, lol.
    06-03-18 03:29 AM
    No problem. I was using AT&T's visual voicemail which worked good but I just switched to Cricket (alot cheaper for same service), now I'm using their visual voicemail which looks pretty much the same as AT&T's. Go figure, lol.
    Interesting. Are these separate apps or all in the same phone app?
    06-04-18 02:25 PM
    They're separate. True Phone is the actual phone app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hb.dialer.free
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-04-18 03:40 PM
    They're separate. True Phone is the actual phone app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hb.dialer.free
    Okay. Thanks again. I looked at it and looks like what I really want with all of the information on display per caller AND with customization. I guess I'll compromise with a separate visual voicemail app.
    06-06-18 01:01 AM
    Okay. Thanks again. I looked at it and looks like what I really want with all of the information on display per caller AND with customization. I guess I'll compromise with a separate visual voicemail app.
    Ur welcome. I felt the exact same. Comin from my beloved Classic...i was "this is the phone app? Theres nothin here", lol. I needed more details. It wasn't gonna cut it. Same with the messages app.

So wut app are u usin for visual voicemail?
    06-06-18 07:08 AM
    I still don't see why voicemails can't appear in the Hub? That's one thing i miss from a true balckberry, having to look elsewhere for anything, especially voicemails...

By the way, it's easier to delete calls in the hub. Just swipe them to the left or right and presto (depending on your settings...)
    DWonder likes this.
    06-06-18 05:16 PM
    Google Voice has built in visual voicemail.

Funny, I know.
    06-06-18 05:21 PM
    Ur welcome. I felt the exact same. Comin from my beloved Classic...i was "this is the phone app? Theres nothin here", lol. I needed more details. It wasn't gonna cut it. Same with the messages app.

So wut app are u usin for visual voicemail?
    Yeah man. The feeling is very mutual.

I haven't tried any yet, but I found another person in a thread was using the True Phone and Youmail Visual Voicemail combo. You can check that out.
    06-07-18 01:43 AM
    I still don't see why voicemails can't appear in the Hub? That's one thing i miss from a true balckberry, having to look elsewhere for anything, especially voicemails...

By the way, it's easier to delete calls in the hub. Just swipe them to the left or right and presto (depending on your settings...)
    Yeah I can't believe I forgot about that. Now it's gonna be bugging me when I don't see voicemails in the Hub. Come on, BB.

Yeah true, I have to give it that it is easy to swipe to delete calls. Yet when I do that for text messages in Hub with Textra as my messaging app, it doesn't delete the texts from the app itself. Frustrating.

Google Voice has built in visual voicemail.

Funny, I know.
    I would think so, with also their Pixel phone app also having built-in visual voicemail.
    06-07-18 01:47 AM
    Been looking at True Phone, but it's got it's own contacts, do you have to replace the BlackBerry contacts (which I don't have any problems with any syncs well with everything else)?
    06-07-18 04:59 AM
    Been looking at True Phone, but it's got it's own contacts, do you have to replace the BlackBerry contacts (which I don't have any problems with any syncs well with everything else)?
    Everything syncs up well. Wutever u change in either app it will change in the other app too. Which is nice
    SarahHill365 likes this.
    06-07-18 06:59 AM
    I don't quite understand this no Voicemails in the hub thing? On mine when there's a Voicemail it appears as a text and thus is in the hub. Are people saying this doesn't happen for them?
    06-07-18 07:24 AM
    YouMail - used it for a while - works great
    06-07-18 07:42 AM
    I don't quite understand this no Voicemails in the hub thing? On mine when there's a Voicemail it appears as a text and thus is in the hub. Are people saying this doesn't happen for them?
    Nope, that must be a carrier feature because I no got it...
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-07-18 11:34 PM