03-23-21 03:45 PM
28 12
tools
    Well, we're just going around in circles. I think an app syncing contacts when you explicitly gave it standing orders to do so is not unexpected, nor even undesirable.
    It's undesirable if you keep putting someone else's SIM card in your phone. Or worse you save your contacts to the SIM, and then loan it out to someone else....

But yeah... not unexpected.
    03-23-21 02:48 PM
    No... Even Google didn't sync the contacts although it's their business.

Adding a SIM-Card with contacts doesn't give a clue if you want to copy or sync them.
    I'm using smartphones and their software since they existed and swapped a lot of SIM-cards, but this never happened before. Sometimes you get asked if you want to copy the contacts to your local address book.

But doing that without asking is something you do not expect, especially not from a software that promises to treat your data carefully.
    I’ve watched this for a couple of hours and couldn’t resist commenting as if playing the role of Signal rep hearing your complaint.

“ACME Signal Messaging Chuck Finley69 speaking, how can I help you?”

flexmaen “ Adding a SIM-Card with contacts doesn't give a clue if you want to copy or sync them. I'm using smartphones and their software since they existed and swapped a lot of SIM-cards, but this never happened before. Sometimes you get asked if you want to copy the contacts to your local address book.

But doing that without asking is something you do not expect, especially not from a software that promises to treat your data carefully.

Adding a SIM-Card with contacts doesn't give a clue if you want to copy or sync them.
    I'm using smartphones and their software since they existed and swapped a lot of SIM-cards, but this never happened before. Sometimes you get asked if you want to copy the contacts to your local address book.

But doing that without asking is something you do not expect, especially not from a software that promises to treat your data carefully.”

Chuck Finley69 - “I’m sorry to hear you’re upset but we did exactly as you’ve instructed us to do when you first downloaded our app. We asked your specific permission to give our app specific access to your contacts if you wished certain features to perform optimized as intended. You had the opportunity to deny the access on your device simply by disabling.

When you insert another SIM card without first changing permissions, our assumption is that you’ve swapped out your SIM cards and wish to continue business as usual or you’d change that permission. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and in the future, if you wish different results, make the changes before inserting another SIM as permissions typically are device level with all your apps. Is there anything else I could help you with?”
    03-23-21 02:54 PM
    Well, we're just going around in circles. I think an app syncing contacts when you explicitly gave it standing orders to do so is not unexpected, nor even undesirable.
    I didn't give any orders, I just gave permissions. Thats a difference you seem to ignore.

Giving a permission is not an instruction to use all possibilities of that permission, especially on a system that only offers limited options - just remember that you have to give permission for GPS data when you just want to connect to Bluetooth LE.

However the problem is solved, it''s not an issue of the Key One.

And no mather how you see it, you can't deny that it's always better to ask.
    03-23-21 03:45 PM
28 12