I have always used the Hub, which naturally means, Hub+ Services is always running.

What performance difference could I expect if disabled both the hub and hub+ services? I'm using the 4gb Black Edition KeyOne.
    11-05-20 05:58 PM
    I think you'll definitely notice an increase in battery life and performance. Its a great application but it has always been a massive resource hog. especially on the dated K1 hardware.
    11-05-20 07:24 PM
    I have zero issues with the HUB and HUB+ services on my BE KeyOne. The most helpful thing I have done on mine is disable Chrome. I use the Samsung Web Browser with AdBlock. I have also used and like the new Microsoft Edge. For now though I am using Samsung in its dark mode. Great, underrated browser.
    11-06-20 01:43 AM
    I have zero issues with the HUB and HUB+ services on my BE KeyOne. The most helpful thing I have done on mine is disable Chrome. I use the Samsung Web Browser with AdBlock. I have also used and like the new Microsoft Edge. For now though I am using Samsung in its dark mode. Great, underrated browser.
    I'm not having any issues with the KeyOne. If I'm planning on using this phone for a while, would such changes make a big difference, or just a little?

For instance, slowdowns, closing apps, battery life are affected a little, then it won't bother me keeping hub+ running. If it's somewhat significant (I.e. feels like a new phone), then I can sacrifice the hub for the net gains.
    11-06-20 05:20 AM
    I'm not having any issues with the KeyOne. If I'm planning on using this phone for a while, would such changes make a big difference, or just a little?

For instance, slowdowns, closing apps, battery life are affected a little, then it won't bother me keeping hub+ running. If it's somewhat significant (I.e. feels like a new phone), then I can sacrifice the hub for the net gains.
    Some swear by removing HUB+, or can't do without it.

Why not just try it and see.... in the end, your opinion is the only one that matters.
    11-06-20 07:04 AM
    Personally, I saw 200MB RAM improvement by disabling Hub+ and Hub. The comment about disabling Chrome and using Edge is interesting as well as I also use Edge rather than Chrome
    11-06-20 12:09 PM
    Personally, I saw 200MB RAM improvement by disabling Hub+ and Hub. The comment about disabling Chrome and using Edge is interesting as well as I also use Edge rather than Chrome
    200mb is significant.

I had no idea Edge was a browser choice.

I always wanted to use a Microsoft browser to download another browser on a phone. Lemme guess, it's all about Bing!
    11-06-20 08:41 PM
    200mb is significant.

I had no idea Edge was a browser choice.

I always wanted to use a Microsoft browser to download another browser on a phone. Lemme guess, it's all about Bing!
    No its not all about Bing. Sync's beautifully with your desktop if you are a Windows user. Actually excellent browser. Chromium based, like Samsung but much less resource hungry than Chrome.
    11-07-20 05:01 PM