So on all my previous blackberries, even the dtek50. I was able to connect the phone using usb cable to the PC and MTP. I browse on the web and emails, which I usually save files from the PC to the media card on my BB.

Keyone isn't letting me do this. Keeps getting an error "You can't save here. Please choose another location".

Tried drivers, reinstalls, reboots, windows updates, developer mode, different cables.....

This is just really a bummer. Any advice, am I over looking something?
    06-30-17 06:34 PM
    Yes, it is possible. When you connect to the PC, on the green half circle, select "charge and data" You have to press the second choice to "something files."

Then you will get the prompt on the PC to open the Phone to view files.
    06-30-17 06:57 PM
    Yes, i can see the files but can't save files to it.
    06-30-17 06:59 PM
    06-30-17 07:11 PM
    What happens when you just copy and paste. Sometimes if the image, file are still open you can't move it either.
    06-30-17 07:17 PM
    I can copy and paste files. But if i'm in a web browser or program, and "save as", point to the internal storage or SD card. It wont save and gives me the error. I'm starting to think it's a limitation of MTP. But the DTEK mounted the SD card as a storage device, not a portable device as the keyone does.
    06-30-17 07:25 PM
    https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...pc-marshmallow

As you said, it's possible only if your device is rooted..
    Google no longer supports USB Mass Storage Mode due to several reasons, since JellyBean.

However, there are softwares for PC that virtually shows & provides access to the device (connected in MTP mode) as a Removable Storage USB Drive, like for example, MTPdrive (as @beeshyams commented); no root access required in device. But it's just a virtual round-about connection, hence it'll be slower than UMS & even MTP mode..

Or try WiFi USB Disk - Smart Disk, which also virtually shows your device as a USB Drive (through WiFi). Or you can do that yourself using file servers by mapping a network drive to your device.
    06-30-17 07:30 PM
    Well it seems without rooting the device, which I dont even wan to start thinking that for keyone, MTP is limited and cripples some features compared to UMS... I hope someone comes up with something
    06-30-17 07:46 PM
    Yes, it is possible. When you connect to the PC, on the green half circle, select "charge and data" You have to press the second choice to "something files."

Then you will get the prompt on the PC to open the Phone to view files.
    It does work. After you do the click on charge and data step, the prompt on the phone is the second choice, "transfer files" - select that, and you can open the windows explorer to open the SD card.

I have transferred plenty of files by this method.
    06-30-17 08:12 PM
    Guess we get to do the old school drag and dump. Create a folder on the PC. Save files as there. Then cut and past into the BB SD card...... #bb10missed
    06-30-17 08:17 PM
    Yes, copy and paste files into the device works. You cannot "Save as" from a program such as outlook or firefox.
    06-30-17 08:21 PM
    Yes, copy and paste files into the device works. You cannot "Save as" from a program such as outlook or firefox.
    That is a separate question. I have Solid Explorer file manager installed, and I can save attachments and photos from Internet to my sd card.
    06-30-17 08:55 PM