I've made sure not to select the option to require pattern on screen when restarting my Keyone but my Keyones have always required it, regardless. Is there actually a way to eliminate this?
    11-04-17 11:16 AM
    I've made sure not to select the option to require pattern on screen when restarting my Keyone but my Keyones have always required it, regardless. Is there actually a way to eliminate this?
    I can't find the darn setting. I would suspect it should be under Security but it is escaping me.
    11-04-17 01:18 PM
    it's always required me to even when I choose not to (and DTEK complains about it). choose pattern for your security feature and then restart your KO and see if it does for you, too
    11-04-17 01:22 PM
    I switched to password from pattern, made sure to not select "require on startup" , but it is still required when I restart it, albeit the screen looks different when the Keyone asks for it versus when turning on the option to require the password on startup.
    11-05-17 08:28 AM
    does everyone have to type in their password /pattern/etc instead of just their fingerprint when the phone restarts?
    11-08-17 03:11 PM
    that's how it should be JWW. password after restart, it unlocks the fingerprint storage at that point in time
    11-08-17 03:39 PM
    that's how it should be JWW. password after restart, it unlocks the fingerprint storage at that point in time
    What doesn't make sense to me, though, is that there's an option to require pattern/password after restart , and when I choose to not select that option, it still requires it - notice that? Drives me crazy
    11-08-17 06:19 PM
    maybe you are confusing two things? there is an option "require password to start" and then you need to put your pin in before the device starts up. With that setting as disabled, you don't need to put in your password to start the device but after start, before you can start using, you still need to put your password in to get into your phone, after this initial input, the fingerprint works...
    Let me check quick, need to reboot anyway.. I'll be back.....

-and tested... No pin to start the device but when fully started, enter pin before the fingerprint can be used.
    11-08-17 06:34 PM
    maybe you are confusing two things? there is an option "require password to start" and then you need to put your pin in before the device starts up. With that setting as disabled, you don't need to put in your password to start the device but after start, before you can start using, you still need to put your password in to get into your phone, after this initial input, the fingerprint works...
    Let me check quick, need to reboot anyway.. I'll be back.....

-and tested... No pin to start the device but when fully started, enter pin before the fingerprint can be used.
    You're a wise man (maybe different comment about one of the guys who developed this part of android). So what would happen if you required password at startup and then someone didn't enter it correctly?
    11-09-17 12:38 PM
    it will not boot and after x amounts of entering the wrong code, lock or wipe the device
    11-18-17 08:33 PM