Being not that tech savy....looking for help as to the best and most secure method to store my passwords.....AND be able to recover them when I switch to a new bberry device.
    03-20-18 12:56 PM
    Being not that tech savy....looking for help as to the best and most secure method to store my passwords.....AND be able to recover them when I switch to a new bberry device.
    I like Enpass. LastPass is also popular.

Some stick to the BlackBerry Password Manager (but it's not cross-platform).
    FF22 likes this.
    03-20-18 12:57 PM
    So using Enpass or LastPass I would be able to recover password if my phone was lost, etc?
    03-20-18 01:02 PM
    So using Enpass or LastPass I would be able to recover password if my phone was lost, etc?
    Yes.
    03-20-18 01:04 PM
    Thanks for the advice conite.....much appreciated
    03-20-18 01:18 PM
    I have used LastPass for years. You can either have a free subscription that works on 1 device, or pay an annual fee of (I think) $12 which works on any device. LastPass automatically fills in your username and password on any device and you only have to memorize your one password to access. So if you have it on your phone or tablet, you can access your websites easily once you sign in or you can copy and paste the info from your account, into the site. If you are on another computer or you are at a hotel and want to use their computer, with the yearly pass you can log into LastPass on that computer to access your websites. LastPass is very secure and incrypted. You can also set up multi-factor authentication so that the only way to get into LastPass is if you have an additional layer of security (like having your cell phone on you so you can get a text code to get in) on it. That makes it even tougher for someone to hack into your account. I really like it.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-20-18 01:22 PM
    Enpass is what I use. Not only that but if you have a copy on multiple devices including Windows computer, they can sync. So, if I'm out in the field and update/edit or add a new password, the version on my computer and laptop will be updated, too. The only version you pay for is the Android version or, at least, the Win version is available at no extra cost.
    03-20-18 02:15 PM
    Thanks to all for the support....new to the Forum so look forward to getting more advice in the future
    03-20-18 03:20 PM
    BlackBerry Password Keeper remains m choice as it has for years. All new passwords are entered on the phone at the time of generation. The file is backed up and stored in the cloud. A new BlackBerry phone will be able to unlock the file if necessary.
    03-20-18 03:36 PM
    Nothing is 100% secure! Once you accept that, then choose your method! Password Keeper is good, Google is good, etc, etc...,
    03-20-18 04:43 PM
    i use KeePass.
    it is opensource.
    is available also for Windows. you can store it at your own cloud etc
    03-20-18 04:58 PM
    I like BB Password Keeper. If I can trust their devices for security, I should be able to trust their app.
    03-20-18 05:07 PM
    I like BB Password Keeper. If I can trust their devices for security, I should be able to trust their app.
    The problem is there is no windows client and i dont use gdrive
    03-20-18 05:14 PM
    this was for the OP.
    03-20-18 05:29 PM
    I prefer BB Password Keeper. Allows for the option to backup to Google Cloud if you're into that kind of thing.

Personally, I use BB Password Keeper's option to export an encrypted copy of your passwords into a single file which can be saved anywhere offline, and then imported into another BB as needed.
    03-20-18 09:07 PM
    I use a piece of paper, in a ziploc bag, that I keep buried under my neighbour's geraniums.
    FF22 and Soapm like this.
    03-20-18 09:23 PM
    I use a piece of paper, in a ziploc bag, that I keep buried under my neighbour's geraniums.
    Not anymore , I finished the landscaping up this afternoon.
    Soapm, Wezard and qwerty4ever like this.
    03-20-18 10:26 PM
    Darn, next time be careful you don't dig up mine accidentally! (g)
    03-20-18 10:34 PM
    I wrote mine in invisible ink... Not even I know what they are...
    Carjackd and TalkingPie like this.
    03-20-18 11:32 PM
    1Password for me, but there are certainly cheaper / free options.
    03-21-18 02:34 PM
    Here's another thread that's worth checking:

/blackberry-keyone-f445/alternate-password-keeper-1136795/
    03-21-18 02:39 PM
    I have used BlackBerry Password Keeper across all my devices (Q10, Z30, PRIV, and now Motion), to great success. Most impressive is the new integration with the BB Motion VKB and fingerprint sensor. Now when I encounter a login screen, I tap the Password button, and if Password Keeper is already open it auto-populates the fields after a tap, or otherwise allows a rapid fingerprint access and the password information is similarly presented. I like the convenience, while still allowing maximum security layers:
    1. Device alphanumeric password on power-up
    2. Device fingerprint access for successive wake-ups
    3. Alphanumeric password on first Password Keeper access
    4. Fingerprint access on successive PK uses
    5. The security of unique auto-generated long passwords for every app, without the inconvenience of remembering them or typing them.

True, PK is not available on the desktop or laptop, but when I need a password there, I usually do a quick share to email and it's there in a second. I then permanently delete the email.
    03-21-18 03:08 PM
    Enpass is what I use. Not only that but if you have a copy on multiple devices including Windows computer, they can sync. So, if I'm out in the field and update/edit or add a new password, the version on my computer and laptop will be updated, too. The only version you pay for is the Android version or, at least, the Win version is available at no extra cost.
    With Enpass, you can also open it with the fingerprint sensor, so it's quite convenient.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-21-18 05:20 PM
    LONG time user of Iliumsoft eWallet here (since PDA days). Great customer service, no annual fee, and excellent cross-platform syncing (unless you happen to also use a Windows phone). If you're a fan of security-by-obscurity, it may have an edge over better-known LastPass, Enpass, etc.
    03-21-18 09:08 PM
    Wow....thanks to all the great input from all...very much appreciated and impressed !!!!
    03-21-18 09:35 PM
27 12