Anybody have recommendations for a system that works well for all your devices (e.g. a phone, laptop/tablet, and desktop)?

I see K1 comes with a BB password manager, but I'm doubtful that particular one is best when I want to sync both my phone and PC.

I haven't used such a system before, but I'm getting sick of the hacked account notices from various sites that seems to happen monthly or more often. I have a good system set up to protect my valuable accounts already, but it would be unwieldy to do this for every site with a login. I'm thinking the random password generation feature would be handy for those cases.
    Mike Owsley likes this.
    06-10-17 10:55 AM
    Keepass
    06-10-17 10:56 AM
    I've been using LastPass (subscription) for years... and while I would recommend it, I cannot compare it to anything else out there. I've had no reasons to try anything else.
    anon(10250369) likes this.
    06-10-17 11:02 AM
    1password it's worth the $. The AgileBits team is super responsive and have never been hacked, althoughs others can make that claim, agile bits keeps a tighter control and openly communicates the who, what, when and why and what they have done about it. They are Canadian too if that matters
    06-10-17 11:04 AM
    I love my Enpass. Installs for BB, iPhone, androids, Windows phones and desktop. sync it to Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox.
    06-10-17 11:57 AM
    Anybody have recommendations for a system that works well for all your devices (e.g. a phone, laptop/tablet, and desktop)?

I see K1 comes with a BB password manager, but I'm doubtful that particular one is best when I want to sync both my phone and PC.

I haven't used such a system before, but I'm getting sick of the hacked account notices from various sites that seems to happen monthly or more often. I have a good system set up to protect my valuable accounts already, but it would be unwieldy to do this for every site with a login. I'm thinking the random password generation feature would be handy for those cases.
    I can whole heartedly recommend 1Password (aka "1P"), either their "one-time purchase" or their monthly/yearly subscriptions. While it does come at a bit of a premium, it's entirely worth it in my opinion. I've given other options like LastPass a try, but I've used and continue to use 1P, since 2012.

Their new Android app overall is pretty stellar, and the desktop apps for both Mac and Windows are equally great. If you go the subscription route, you don't need to mess with Dropbox or WLAN sync, they take care of all that for you.

One feature I really like the ability to use 1Password as your "authenticator app" for websites which support 2 factor authentication. This means you don't need a separate app like Authy, or Google Authenticator for those sites where you want an additional level of security, and which support providing the OTP token via a barcode or text. LastPass may support this, but I've yet been unable to find it.

If 1P is too expensive (which it is for some), then I can still recommend LastPass. A great cross platform solution with much of the functionality of 1Password, just in a UI that maybe isn't quite so prettified as 1Password is. Both are great options.
    06-10-17 11:58 AM
    I use KeePass (free, open-source) with the database stored in Dropbox and synchronized to my KEYone, Windows and Apple laptops.
    06-10-17 12:12 PM
    I use Data Vault! From personal experience, I have found this particular password storage app much better than the rest. You can backup via dropbox and can be accessed via tablet, pc, and cell phone.
    06-10-17 12:12 PM
    Lastpass over here.
    06-10-17 12:14 PM
    If you don't like your passwords stored in the cloud then Enpass and SafeInCloud are both great. I have used paid versions of both. They are very similar to 1Password, but are way cheaper. I stopped using 1Password because their pricing is out of wack. Enpass was good, I saw them doing some sneaky promoting on Reddit, and so I switched to SafeInCloud. It doesn't get mention as much as the others, but people who use it have nothing bad to say.

I would put all 3 on the same level. 1Password may have a little more polish, but not enough to justify the price difference. They all will sync to to other devices including your desktop if you want via Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, DropBox, etc, but not mandatory if you are the tinfoil hat type. All have a Chrome plugin. All have finger print recognition on the phone.

I think the price for Enpass and SafeInCloud is about $5, and that is for lifetime with unlimited devices.
    06-10-17 12:26 PM
    Thanks for the insights. I am leaning towards 1Password since it looks like they have nice software across the platforms. I'm not crazy about subscription models, but the price is affordable and pretty neutral compared to the single license price (about the same as a 2 year subscription). Of course, there's a trial option, so I can check it out first.
    bluesqueen23 and jfalkingham like this.
    06-10-17 01:47 PM
    SplashID Pro is the best for all your devices. They will be all synced all the time.
    06-14-17 08:28 PM
    I've been using LastPass on all my devices and it works for me.

Posted via CB10
    Anthonyfear likes this.
    06-15-17 08:28 AM
    Enpass for me
    06-15-17 09:21 AM
    One feature I really like the ability to use 1Password as your "authenticator app" for websites which support 2 factor authentication. This means you don't need a separate app like Authy, or Google Authenticator for those sites where you want an additional level of security, and which support providing the OTP token via a barcode or text.
    Eh, so if somebody hacks your 1Password account, he not only has all your passwords, but the 2nd factors as well. That's not what they were intended for.
    06-15-17 11:29 AM
    Eh, so if somebody hacks your 1Password account, he not only has all your passwords, but the 2nd factors as well. That's not what they were intended for.
    Fair, those that take advantage of the built-in 2 factor may wish to not use the 1Password accounts functionality and stick to something more like Dropbox or WLAN sync, where you remain in more control of the database.
    06-15-17 11:35 AM
    I've been running the trial of 1Password for a few weeks now and really like it. I have ridiculous randomly generated and distinct passwords for all of my sites, stored behind a single, well-made master password (which itself can be changed as needed). I plan to continue using it.

I will say that the experience specifically on the K1 (or any physical keyboard mobile device) is far from ideal. To enter a password into a text field, you have to go to the Android settings twice (1 to enable a virtual keyboard, 1 to switch from the default BB keyboard to 1P keyboard). Then you can enter the username/password from 1P. After, you again have to go to the settings twice (switch back to BB virtual keyboard, hide virtual keyboard). Hence, it's quite a cumbersome process. The saving grace is that you rarely have to enter passwords on a mobile (e.g. apps typically keep you logged in until you choose to log out; browsers save your login session unless you don't allow it or frequently wipe your data).
    06-22-17 09:05 PM
    Datavault offers the highest security protection,App works on all devices, and can be backed up or restored via cloud!
    06-23-17 01:29 AM
    Keepass. The keepass DB can be opened on android, windows, blackberry 10, and iphone with the proper apps.
    06-23-17 02:05 AM