Hi folks- just picked up the Keyone a couple of days ago. I have done most of the setup - am getting used to Android from OS10. It became time to manually transfer the passwords from the PW Keeper on my old Q10 but when I opened PW Keeper on the k1 it asked for my password. That was a puzzle as I hadn't touched the app previously (at least I don't remember doing so) but maybe the contents transfer app had done so (though I didn't think it did that) So I tried the password from my Q10 PW Keeper but it didn't work. Essentially I don't know the password to open the app to populate it. Is there a generic password that you first use to open it? Can I just uninstall it and get a new version from somewhere? Short of a factory reset - is there another way of getting the PW Keeper to work?
    09-06-17 07:56 PM
    Can you try the PW with your BB10 phone? I assume you still have it? If I remember I had to set a new PW for the PWK. But to import the files I needed the old PW.
    09-06-17 08:08 PM
    Can you try the PW with your BB10 phone? I assume you still have it? If I remember I had to set a new PW for the PWK. But to import the files I needed the old PW.
    Yup - I tried that several times but just racked up 5 out of 10 attempts after which I think the keeper is disabled.
    09-06-17 08:16 PM
    I had two keyone, each one I used the content transfer app from my bb10 devices and neither of them were transferred over. I had to right down all my passwords and manually start again with the keyone Inc. new password
    09-06-17 09:13 PM
    if you saved / exported the passwords from Password Keeper the old smartphone to the microSD card, you should be able to import the password file into Password Keeper using whatever password you chose during export.
    09-06-17 09:36 PM
    Hi folks- just picked up the Keyone a couple of days ago. I have done most of the setup - am getting used to Android from OS10. It became time to manually transfer the passwords from the PW Keeper on my old Q10 but when I opened PW Keeper on the k1 it asked for my password. That was a puzzle as I hadn't touched the app previously (at least I don't remember doing so) but maybe the contents transfer app had done so (though I didn't think it did that) So I tried the password from my Q10 PW Keeper but it didn't work. Essentially I don't know the password to open the app to populate it. Is there a generic password that you first use to open it? Can I just uninstall it and get a new version from somewhere? Short of a factory reset - is there another way of getting the PW Keeper to work?
    First, go into the Password Keeper on the Q10. Export your passwords to the SD card or anywhere else like Dropbox or whatever you use for cloud storage. Do not upload to the BlackBerry cloud because you will not be able to get to the BlackBerry cloud from the Keyone
    Then uninstall Password Keeper from the Keyone. Download it again from the Google Play store. It should give you the option to set up a new password. Did you use the same BlackBerry ID on both devices? If so, then the same password should have been able to be used on both.
    When you do get in on the Keyone you can then import the passwords from wherever you put them.
    09-06-17 09:40 PM
    start using a real password manager , like keepass.
    09-06-17 10:00 PM
    I use Enpass on all my devices. It stores on the cloud, and synchronizes with each device, including my laptop. When I got my K1, all I had to do was install the app and I had all my passwords. Highly recommended.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-07-17 06:15 AM
    I use Enpass on all my devices. It stores on the cloud, and synchronizes with each device, including my laptop. When I got my K1, all I had to do was install the app and I had all my passwords. Highly recommended.
    09-07-17 06:15 AM
    Nothing wrong with Password Keeper. It's less convenient than cloud-based ones but it's secure and reliable. Not everyone is comfortable sending their credential database to the cloud, regardless if the encryption scheme.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-07-17 06:43 AM
    First, go into the Password Keeper on the Q10. Export your passwords to the SD card or anywhere else like Dropbox or whatever you use for cloud storage. Do not upload to the BlackBerry cloud because you will not be able to get to the BlackBerry cloud from the Keyone
    Then uninstall Password Keeper from the Keyone. Download it again from the Google Play store. It should give you the option to set up a new password. Did you use the same BlackBerry ID on both devices? If so, then the same password should have been able to be used on both.
    When you do get in on the Keyone you can then import the passwords from wherever you put them.
    Thanks misterabrasive - sounds like a plan. Will let you know how it turns out.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-07-17 07:37 AM
    Thanks Mr. Abrasive - used an SD card after Uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Worked like a charm.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-07-17 11:57 AM
    Thanks Mr. Abrasive - used an SD card after Uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Worked like a charm.
    Excellent!!!
    09-07-17 12:03 PM