Should I get a new Passport SE for 280€ or wait for the Keyone? I have already an SE but I maybe wanted to sell it because of the proximity sensor issue. And now a new SE got pretty cheap.

Or should I just wait for the Keyone and sell my SE afterwards?

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    03-04-17 06:38 PM
    Passport Se if you only need a few apps. Just for a year to see which devices come out this year and then buy the best one.
    Last edited by whatsever; 03-05-17 at 01:17 AM.
    03-04-17 06:40 PM
    Keyone is the better device I firmly believe BB 10 is dead and I don't see any more devices produced for the old platform. The keyone seem to be the launch of the new direction BlackBerry is going. If the keyone end up being a great device you will see BlackBerry becoming completion again in the smart phone market. I own the priv but the keyone will fit my needs better.
    03-04-17 07:04 PM
    K1 for sure. Good time for you to start migrating towards the future of BlackBerry. I absolutely love BB10 and was reluctant to go android, but it's not too bad once you get used to it. Highly customizable and the app selection is stellar.
    03-04-17 07:08 PM
    I actually used only android devices before, like the Nexus 5 or the Yotaphone 2. Used now a Passport for a year, was a pretty nice experience, but maybe you are right, I don't think bb10 will live much longer than a year

nighguy likes this.
    03-04-17 07:21 PM
    Passport if you want an outdated phone with hardly any good apps.
    03-04-17 07:22 PM
    KEYone
    03-04-17 08:39 PM
    Keyone if you want to be relevant
    03-04-17 08:41 PM
    Get the KEYone. It's going to provide the best of both worlds. Should have a fantastic battery, great keyboard and all the apps you will ever need. Plus it's definitely more future proof.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 09:09 PM
    A go for KEYone without a doubt! Have 2 Passports and a PRIV as daily d. But would never any other Android than BlackBerry Android which with updates gets closer and closer to BB10OS.
    03-04-17 11:59 PM
    Should I get a new Passport SE for 280€ or wait for the Keyone? I have already an SE but I maybe wanted to sell it because of the proximity sensor issue. And now a new SE got pretty cheap.

The Passport is a dead end device. It's like insisting on living in the 1980s like a stubborn old man, even though the advantages of switching are enormous. Once you make the switch and commit to Android, you will have opened up access to a different world of tons of usable and important apps, not dumb games, while maintaining almost 100% of the most important BlackBerry functions. As a bonus you will have a device you can hold in human-sized hands, without fatigue and with a far better screen size.

If the Dtek60 quality was added to a pkb, the most perfect phone would be the result. Will the KeyOne be that level of quality? I have my doubts, but I am going to give it a shot.
    03-05-17 12:46 AM
    I was going to buy a KEYOne, but then when the Passport Silver Edition started to become scarce, I picked up that device instead. I may still buy a KEYOne this summer.

Since you already have an SE, I suggest you stick with it until April. If you can, go ahead and buy the KEYOne either as an SE replacement, or as part of a dual device solution with your SE, which will become either a second phone line or a WiFi device. Good luck!

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2205 on T-Mobile
    03-05-17 01:16 AM

I installed the Pocket Safe app in my Black Passport and since then the proximity sensor worked perfectly

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 05:44 AM
    I have it installed too but it doesn't change anything

03-05-17 11:23 AM
    As a bonus you will have a device you can hold in human-sized hands, without fatigue and with a far better screen size.
    I thought the passport fit my hands quite nicely! But I do happen to have large hands. I still have a hard time when people holding an iPhone 7plus look at my passport and go "wth is that a phone?" when theirs is easily 2 inches taller and more awkward in the pocket.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 11:58 AM
    Passport if you want an outdated phone with hardly any good apps.
    How anyone could want a Passport in 2017 baffles me
    03-05-17 03:24 PM
    My personal preference would be the KEYone. BlackBerry is out of the hardware business and is focusing on security and business software, which includes a hardened Android kernel. We are going to see their resources eventually move away from the legacy BlackBerry devices. May as well accept that now.
    03-05-17 04:11 PM
    Seems you are using the passport already and thus doesn't crave for the zillions apps the great Android world can give you. Pick up another passport for 280 and enjoy it. Once both passports don't run anymore, pick up a Priv for 200. Most fun. Lowest cost solution.
    03-05-17 04:43 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    If you love big keyboards..then Passport SE...otherwise, KeyOne

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 06:03 PM
    How anyone could want a Passport in 2017 baffles me
    My last path of phones in 2016 went og Passport>Priv>Passport SE/Classic. Some people, me including, don't mind working with the workarounds and hacks to make their bb 10 device work everyday. I work as a system admin and I get ALL sorts of looks when I pull out my Passport or Classic,especially In meetings. But it does what I need to do.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that everyone should I go out and buy a bb10 device, but if it works for them, and they love the Passport size and keyboard, I don't see why it should be such a surprise.

Sure I'll buy the KeyOne when it's launched, and heck I may like it. My point is that even if I do like it, the point remains that my Passport is awesome and does everything I need today, and that's why I even bought a backup one in November during their last sale. As did a lot of bb10 users.

I don't think it's quite as dead as you think...yet.

Please ignore my signature, I forgot to change it when I went to use my Passport. Posted via my awesome, and still useful, Blackberry Passport SE

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-05-17 09:33 PM
    I like the Passport. I'm actually thinking of getting a second one for when this one dies.
    03-05-17 09:53 PM
    I'm just not happy with what I'm seeing from the KeyONE. I hope my Passport can last me long enough until they come out with a much higher end PKB device. I want top specs, better developed software and no ugly silver top.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 10:26 PM
    I'm just not happy with what I'm seeing from the KeyONE. I hope my Passport can last me long enough until they come out with a much higher end PKB device. I want top specs, better developed software and no ugly silver top.

Posted via CB10
    Have fun waiting
    03-05-17 10:26 PM
    Have fun waiting
    I'll definitely be having fun. Hope it isn't more than a year.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 10:27 PM
    Keyone. Android > BB10
    03-05-17 10:56 PM
58 123