I just switched from my Passport to the Keyone... I expected to love everything, but oh my goodness.
    The software feels babyish. It feels like I'm in kindergarten. The quick settings suck (I can't toggle the WiFi by pressing on the icon? How the hell do notification profiles work? how do I configure the LED colour for different apps? The sounds for different apps?). Migrating my hundreds of Remember notes and tasks sucked, it seems lots of my notes now appear in my tasks and I'm just deleting them all now, it completely defeats the purpose. Highlighting a phone number in an email in the hub doesn't ask if I want to call (BB10 identifies it immediately). And this one is horrifying, the 0 key doesn't behave the same way in different apps. On BBM, it launches the voice assistant and I need to press Alt+0 to get it to work. On WhatsApp, it types a 0 as expected (is this only me? Can others confirm?)
    Really, the only reason for the "upgrade" is to be able to use Evernote for me, so I have all my notes in the cloud. I'm seriously considering returning it.
    Last edited by ChrisLeNeve; 07-19-18 at 06:17 AM.
    brian4591 likes this.
    07-19-18 03:21 AM
    I never used android and same thing happened to me, even keyboard is not as comfortable as Passport's. Just keep using it and things will be a little better. You cant expect the fluency of BB10 on Android. Since Blackberry shutting down BB10, i dont think we have any other option.
    07-19-18 05:28 AM
    I just switched from my Passport to the Keyone... I expected to love everything, but oh my goodness.
    The software feels babyish. It feels like I'm in kindergarten. The quick settings suck (I can't toggle the WiFi by pressing on the icon? How the hell do notification profiles work? how do I configure the LED colour for different apps? The sounds for different apps?). Migrating my hundreds of Remember notes and tasks sucked, it seems lots of my notes now appear in my tasks and I'm just deleting them all now, it completely defeats the purpose. Highlighting a phone number in an email in the hub doesn't ask if I want to call (BB10 identifies it immediately). And this one is horrifying, the 0 key doesn't behave the same way in different apps. On BBM, it launches the voice assistant and I need to press Alt+0 to get it to work. On WhatsApp, it types a 0 as expected (is this only me? Can others confirm?)
    Really, the only reason for the "upgrade" is to be able to use Evernote for me, so I have all my notes in the cloud. I'm seriously considering returning it.
    You can set some options like led color and/or sounds in different places, so it is not necessarily as simple as "go here, set this!" For email, it's in the Hub, Settings, then accounts where you can set some of that. In other apps it may or may not be in their various settings/options.

The KeyOne Notes app is pretty poor and unless you have Exchange Server (I think), you can't backup or restore. I moved to another app which is not as good or all encompassing but allows backup/restore - Note Everything.

But as the first reply noted, it is a different OS and it does take time to adjust. I recalled going from my Bold to my Z10 and wondering what the heck. Same moving to Android.

Just give it time.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    07-19-18 09:46 AM
    My passport had battery/charge issues so I switched not long ago. I feel your pain, but it does have better functionality in a lot of ways.
    07-19-18 10:48 PM
    There's a learning curve to Android but I have learned to appreciate some aspects. Notifications do enhance productivity. I went through the tutorials avail on the Blackberry Mobile website when I switched from q10 to K1.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    07-20-18 05:23 AM
    Its amazing how such an unrefined software as Android gets to be the most popular one. Nothing works as it should be. It is basically a Google Surveillance Device and Advertiser Machine. Its horriffic.
    07-20-18 06:03 AM
    I also switched from the Passport to the KEYone. It does take some time to get settled in with both a new operating system and new keyboard. If you need a pkb, a browser that works properly, and a full range of apps, at the present time you really only have the KEYone or KEY2 as viable options. If you don't need the pkb, there are better choices.
    marshalla99 likes this.
    07-20-18 06:13 AM
    Lol return to BB10 then..i loved BB10 but all these complaints about switching to android make me lol. Get over it..BB10 is DEAD and the android operating system with a splash of blackberry in it is great. Learn how to use it or stick with your dinosaur device .
    07-20-18 07:32 AM
    There's a learning curve to Android but I have learned to appreciate some aspects. Notifications do enhance productivity. I went through the tutorials avail on the Blackberry Mobile website when I switched from q10 to K1.
    Learning curve? Lol its beyond simple the BB10 lovers just refuse to change and just whine ..like get over it
    07-20-18 07:33 AM
    Learning curve? Lol its beyond simple the BB10 lovers just refuse to change and just whine ..like get over it
    OP is not whining, just sharing his frustration and asking for help. Many of us had the same reaction and trouble leaving BB10. He is trying to change. Offer advice, not criticism.
    07-20-18 09:38 AM
    Regardless of all else, when a BB10 die-hard feels like it's finally time to move on, the KEYone/KEY2/KEY2lite will be the next best option. No other slab will even come close to giving them that experience
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-20-18 09:42 AM
    @ChrisLeNeve did you migrate your Remember stuff to Evernote? Yes the Remember tasks migrate over as tasks to android and it is an annoyance. I migrated them to Onenote then deleted from Passport to clear them on K1.
    07-20-18 09:46 AM
    @ChrisLeNeve did you migrate your Remember stuff to Evernote? Yes the Remember tasks migrate over as tasks to android and it is an annoyance. I migrated them to Onenote then deleted from Passport to clear them on K1.
    Some of my Remember notes were synced with Evernote before Evernote dropped support for BB10. That's pretty much the only way to migrate Remember notes AFAIK. You say you did it with OneNote? Care to detail the process?
    07-20-18 09:49 AM
    Some of my Remember notes were synced with Evernote before Evernote dropped support for BB10. That's pretty much the only way to migrate Remember notes AFAIK. You say you did it with OneNote? Care to detail the process?
    I posted a thread about some time ago. Not on a computer so can't find it now. If you are, search topics starred by me. It's a bit of a work around.
    07-20-18 09:58 AM
    There is certainly a learning curve. It took me a couple of weeks to get completely comfortable with android and that included a few days of cognitive dissonance
    skinnymike1 and marshalla99 like this.
    07-20-18 11:55 PM
    Its amazing how such an unrefined software as Android gets to be the most popular one. Nothing works as it should be. It is basically a Google Surveillance Device and Advertiser Machine. Its horriffic.
    Most apps wins - it's why android and ios are the two main os's.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-21-18 12:39 AM
    I have spent the last two years using android on a dtek 50, lg g4,priv, galaxy s8 and now a moto e. The priv was the one I liked the best but it still sucked compared to even a z10. I spent months trying to get the notification led on the galaxy to work properly. It pretty much did what it wanted when it wanted. The only thing android is truly optimized for is ad delivery. Now looking for a Passport
    brian4591 likes this.
    07-21-18 01:26 AM
    OP is not whining, just sharing his frustration and asking for help. Many of us had the same reaction and trouble leaving BB10. He is trying to change. Offer advice, not criticism.
    He offered advice ..move on from BB10
    07-22-18 08:24 AM
    There is certainly a learning curve. It took me a couple of weeks to get completely comfortable with android and that included a few days of cognitive dissonance
    Weeks? Wow
    07-22-18 08:24 AM
    Weeks? Wow
    Absolutely. Unless you are back and forth between a physical keyboard and a virtual keyboard regularly it’s going to be a couple weeks to get completely accustomed to the pkb again
    casscowgirl likes this.
    07-22-18 06:08 PM
    Sad but true.
    marshalla99 and casscowgirl like this.
    07-24-18 08:37 PM
    Another KeyOne noob here. Also switched from a Passport. The Android task management model is what I'm finding most annoying. That, and the way so many notifications just don't fit the theme that's installed. They look like 1980s X11 windows half the time.

Still, I'm learning to accept what can't be changed and enjoying the longer battery life and absence of random reboots and lockups so far (and real 4G from Virgin Mobile UK who never properly enabled it on the Passport).
    07-26-18 11:59 AM
    Just migrate as well. still trying to adapt. for speaker of more than 1 language. the predictive text is not as smart as os10. you need to keep changing the language setting using alt enter. in passport it can recognize up to 5 languages.
    07-29-18 11:35 AM
    Just migrate as well. still trying to adapt. for speaker of more than 1 language. the predictive text is not as smart as os10. you need to keep changing the language setting using alt enter. in passport it can recognize up to 5 languages.
    Oh boy. It frustrates me more than you can imagine. And that's not the worst, what sucks even more is that each app will handle the alt+enter differently - on WhatsApp, it will send the message. It's a disaster.
    07-30-18 06:41 AM
    Oh boy. It frustrates me more than you can imagine. And that's not the worst, what sucks even more is that each app will handle the alt+enter differently - on WhatsApp, it will send the message. It's a disaster.
    You can make it that Enter key enters a new line instead of sending the message on WhatsApp
    08-07-18 06:10 PM