12-08-16 08:31 PM
34 12
tools
    Good device but pkbs don't sell, period .

Maybe for a few corporate junkies and us crackberry guys .

Either way, I'm ditching my priv for this.
    12-05-16 11:31 AM
    Good device but pkbs don't sell, period .

Maybe for a few corporate junkies and us crackberry guys .

Either way, I'm ditching my priv for this.
    When used Priv prices plummets, probably time to get one to scavenge parts.
    12-05-16 11:33 AM
    In the long run... how has it helped anyone?

If BlackBerry had given up in 2013.... most today would have figured out how to use a VKB, and would understand apps and how they can help you be productive. And would be two or three years into a ecosystem....

And shareholders.... there was a lot more value to be got out of the assists back then, than there is now. Maybe BES/Good will become the dominant player in the standalone EMM market - or maybe that market disappears and Suites take the forefront? Maybe Athoc becomes the name on every government, enterprise and school campus for emergency communications.... or maybe some new technology takes it's place? Maybe BlackBerry releases the Mercury and it becomes a huge hits for FANS.... or maybe they release it and then a year later announce they have at some point shut down all Android development?

Time will tell if the Mercury really benefits anyone in the long term.
    Nobody needs to "figure out" how to use a vkb. I use an all-touch Android every day, I have "figured out" how to use a vkb long ago. I still prefer the pkb because of the accuracy and because of all of the shortcuts and speed dialing it provides that simply isn't possible on a vkb. Anyone who argues that it's somehow beneficial for there to be fewer options to consumers is extremely short-sighted and has absolutely no clue how competition works. It's exactly what the big companies want, and somehow they have convinced certain consumers to believe it's what they want as well... smfh

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-05-16 12:19 PM
    I noticed that too. Lots of positive comments. BlackBerry might actually have a top seller in their hands.
    As I had mentioned in another thread, some are likely to by this handset simply because it's the last "real" BlackBerry.
    12-05-16 02:39 PM
    Now BlackBerry needs to market the hell out of it. If no one knows about the new BlackBerry no one will buy, carriers/retailers won't push. I can't believe how many people still don't know about the PRIV with it being everywhere.
    12-07-16 05:46 PM
    Now BlackBerry needs to market the hell out of it. If no one knows about the new BlackBerry no one will buy, carriers/retailers won't push. I can't believe how many people still don't know about the PRIV with it being everywhere.
    Not gonna happen. IMHO.
    12-07-16 11:20 PM
    Seen a lot of guys trash the brand as well, like blackberry and a keyboard ? Really ?

Etc etc .

This phone will do well provided it's priced under 500 usd. Anything over and nobody is gonna take the bait ,

I say 500 because it's a niche product, one of its kind and I used the priv pricing as reference, also the classic wasn't quite cheap..

Price is key, if this prices right blackberry could possibly sell a million of these ..
    12-07-16 11:41 PM
    If only good comments equated to sales...
    If only carriers selling the phones equated to sales...
    12-08-16 07:14 AM
    Not gonna happen. IMHO.
    I agree, the problem is marketing in the fashion that we want (Primetime TV) is very expensive and would be a bad investment for BlackBerry with where the company is currently at.
    12-08-16 08:31 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD