Surprisingly, the AT&T KEYone continues to receive security patches (though not full OS updates). The current version is a dated Sept. 5.

So far, it's the only KEYone variant to receive more than 24 months of patches (It's received 25.), and AT&T continues to sell it online.

So the question is, would you take the over or the under if I said it will continue to receive updates through Dec. 31. 2019?

Over = at least one security patch after 1/1/20.

Under = no patches after Dec 31, 2019.
    10-10-19 03:24 PM
    I will go with over with caveats. Wont be monthly but I bet there will be an update to the keyone past the 1st of the year also not going to to limit my assumption to just ATT. There will be a way to load an update to the keyone past 1/1/20 IMO
    10-10-19 03:29 PM
    Surprisingly, the AT&T KEYone continues to receive security patches (though not full OS updates). The current version is a dated Sept. 5.

So far, it's the only KEYone variant to receive more than 24 months of patches (It's received 25.), and AT&T continues to sell it online.

So the question is, would you take the over or the under if I said it will continue to receive updates through Dec. 31. 2019?

Over = at least one security patch after 1/1/20.

Under = no patches after Dec 31, 2019.
    I think they will keep bolting on patches as long as it's still for sale.
    10-10-19 04:00 PM
    Do we know who is paying for these updates?
    10-10-19 04:03 PM
    Do we know who is paying for these updates?
    I don't think anyone knows the sub-agreement made between BBMo and AT&T.

AT&T is the only one to provide the updates to its device variant as well. All other BBMo device builds come from TCL servers.
    10-10-19 04:13 PM
    how do we know of it's really updating anything or just changing the date to placate the masses ?
    10-11-19 12:12 PM
    how do we know of it's really updating anything or just changing the date to placate the masses ?
    Does a placebo matter? All hail AT&T for now...
    10-11-19 12:17 PM
    Does a placebo matter? All hail AT&T for now...
    ATT looks to monetize everything, even lies...

Note I have maintained the "placebo" effect accounts for much of what has been termed "the opioid crisis" since numerous physicians have always and more-so recently prescribed nearly "homeopathic" (clinically undersized to be ineffective) doses of pain mess as a matter of course to avoid the pitfalls.

Give some occasional marijuana users a bong full of oregano and they'll give you a long diatribe about "that dynamite weed" you just gave them and what a great "trip" they are on.

Head cases are all about their head.

That said, I only stick to ATT because since they tore off the 3G antennas to make room for the LTE on the local towers, myself home went from 5 barstool to zero and they GAVE me a Free ATT Microcell even replacing the equipment when it dies...

No Verizon or T-Mobile signal reaches us.
    10-11-19 12:31 PM
    ATT looks to monetize everything, even lies...

Note I have maintained the "placebo" effect accounts for much of what has been termed "the opioid crisis" since numerous physicians have always and more-so recently prescribed nearly "homeopathic" (clinically undersized to be ineffective) doses of pain mess as a matter of course to avoid the pitfalls.

Give some occasional marijuana users a bong full of oregano and they'll give you a long diatribe about "that dynamite weed" you just gave them and what a great "trip" they are on.

Head cases are all about their head.

That said, I only stick to ATT because since they tore off the 3G antennas to make room for the LTE on the local towers, myself home went from 5 barstool to zero and they GAVE me a Free ATT Microcell even replacing the equipment when it dies...

No Verizon or T-Mobile signal reaches us.
    I’m practically in equal scenario as you.
    10-11-19 12:55 PM
    Don't tell me you're myself nasty neighbor with the **** crowing at 5:30 AM daily in violation of the town ordinance!!
    10-11-19 01:26 PM
    Don't tell me you're myself nasty neighbor with the rooster
    crowing at 5:30 AM daily in violation of the town ordinance!!
    10-11-19 01:27 PM
    Well, it's easy enough to see looking at the code. You can do differential comparisons.
    10-11-19 02:20 PM
    Don't tell me you're myself nasty neighbor with the **** crowing at 5:30 AM daily in violation of the town ordinance!!
    Yep, that’s me, or er I mean you.
    10-11-19 04:45 PM
    Because the build number and signing are all verified on the KEYone. AT&T doesn't have access to the hardware level to mimic that.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-11-19 05:44 PM
    Because the build number and signing are all verified on the KEYone. AT&T doesn't have access to the hardware level to mimic that.

And that would be verified by who?
    10-11-19 06:44 PM
    And that would be verified by who?
    BlackBerry Limited, from what I understand. If AT&T or anyone else could simply fake an update, then the whole point of the hardware root of trust and secure bootloader would be lost.

The one thing I DON'T have to worry about on my BlackBerry devices is that the OS isn't what it says it is!

10-11-19 06:57 PM
    I freely admit I purchased BlackBerry for the PKB and not d'or any claim of enhanced security over others...
    10-11-19 08:28 PM
    I freely admit I purchased BlackBerry for the PKB and not d'or any claim of enhanced security over others...
    Totally valid. I am the opposite. If AT&T had offered the Motion, I would have bought that. For me, though I used BlackBerry PKB phones for a decade before the Z10 launch in 2013, the VKB typing experience is superior. What I loved about BlackBerry was always the work flow and user experience. Alas, with Android, most of that is long gone. I don't expect to buy another Android phone after the KEYONE, although I am open to changing my mind, as Android has improved dramatically with each version since Lollipop.

10-11-19 10:11 PM
    Totally valid. I am the opposite. If AT&T had offered the Motion, I would have bought that. For me, though I used BlackBerry PKB phones for a decade before the Z10 launch in 2013, the VKB typing experience is superior. What I loved about BlackBerry was always the work flow and user experience. Alas, with Android, most of that is long gone. I don't expect to buy another Android phone after the KEYONE, although I am open to changing my mind, as Android has improved dramatically with each version since Lollipop.

Me too about the AT&T Motion purchase.
    10-12-19 10:05 AM