Anyone know how to setup outlook.com personal email with the hub? I've tried numerous things, and the furthest I got was receiving emails but not being able to send out. Willing to try anything
    11-15-19 07:36 PM
    Anyone know how to setup outlook.com personal email with the hub? I've tried numerous things, and the furthest I got was receiving emails but not being able to send out. Willing to try anything
    Try these settings.
    https://getmailspring.com/setup/acce...-via-imap-smtp

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    11-15-19 07:41 PM
    This works great. But any way to sync calender and contacts?
    11-15-19 11:04 PM
    I've got the same problem with hub on a pixel 4 outlook won't send email i have it working fine with the same settings on a pixel 3 any help would be appreciated
    11-17-19 11:21 PM
    When setting up Outlook, you will get a notice/email recommending you use Outlook app. In small fine print, near bottom of notice is "continue using other app" of something similar. if you do not click/accept this notice, you will not be able to set up Outlook or will receive emails only and not be able to send. If this step is missed or overlooked, you must delete account and redo
    11-18-19 10:57 AM
    I hadto try a few setups before I noticed this (and did not overlook it)
    11-18-19 10:58 AM
    are you using two factor authentication? if so then you'll need to generate an app password and use that instead of you account password
    11-18-19 11:49 AM
    This works great. But any way to sync calender and contacts?
    You need to setup the account as an Exchange account to sync calendar and contacts. The instructions linked above is for setting it up as an IMAP account, which does not sync calendar and contacts.

I don't know why one would want to set up an outlook account as IMAP, unless you just don't use calendar and contact syncing.
    11-18-19 07:04 PM
    I have. Set it up using eas.outlook.com and have used office365.com as well. But I do that, I definitely get contacts and calender but I'm not able to "send" emails. And the emails that I receive only show a header.
    11-18-19 07:06 PM
    I have. Set it up using eas.outlook.com and have used office365.com as well. But I do that, I definitely get contacts and calender but I'm not able to "send" emails. And the emails that I receive only show a header.
    For some reason, the "eas.outlook.com" server name only works on my Z10. On my Galaxy S9, and Amazon Fire HD8 tablet (both android, running the Hub+ Suite), I have to use "outlook.office365.com". Make sure everything is turned on for all the sync options. The port is 443. Use SSL/TLS security type. Domain\username is the same as the email address.

Just a few things to check. I listed those out of order from how they show up. I was just listing off the top of my head.

If you have all those, then I don't know what's going on.
    11-18-19 07:17 PM
    So when adding an account in hub, once I select "exchange" account it just let's me setup incoming server, which would be either eas.outlook.com or outlook.office365.com server then directly goes to syncing all accounts calender etc.

problem with this setup is I can't "send" emails
    11-18-19 08:31 PM
    So when adding an account in hub, once I select "exchange" account it just let's me setup incoming server, which would be either eas.outlook.com or outlook.office365.com server then directly goes to syncing all accounts calender etc.

problem with this setup is I can't "send" emails
    What are the other settings I mentioned, like the port number?

Are you selecting manual setup? I've had issues with the automated setup using the wrong port number.
    11-18-19 09:37 PM
    Account settings are 443 or 993. And like I said once you click the "exchange setup" , after selecting manual setup, once you enter incoming server it just automatically syncs but not able to send emails.
    11-19-19 07:45 PM
    Account settings are 443 or 993. And like I said once you click the "exchange setup" , after selecting manual setup, once you enter incoming server it just automatically syncs but not able to send emails.
    Then I don't know what else to suggest. I can send mail through the Hub with no problems on my outlook account using those very settings.

With exchange, there is no "incoming server" and "outgoing server" like IMAP and Pop3 . Just the email server name.

Someone else will have to chime in.
    11-19-19 08:41 PM
    watch for Outlook notification in your outlook email inbox (on another phone/computer/web) indicating it is being set up and suggesting you use Outlook app. Do not ignore this email. Read further in email and there will be a link you can select to "Not use Outlook app" but continue using this party app. By selecting to continue using other setup will allow Hub to receive AND SEND emails. I found out after much frustration about this required 2nd level authentication/authorization. (sorry do not have better directions...Would have to delete and re-add my account to get exact steps and screen captures...no time to do so at moment).
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-20-19 06:26 AM
    watch for Outlook notification in your outlook email inbox (on another phone/computer/web) indicating it is being set up and suggesting you use Outlook app. Do not ignore this email. Read further in email and there will be a link you can select to "Not use Outlook app" but continue using this party app. By selecting to continue using other setup will allow Hub to receive AND SEND emails. I found out after much frustration about this required 2nd level authentication/authorization. (sorry do not have better directions...Would have to delete and re-add my account to get exact steps and screen captures...no time to do so at moment).
    Ah, yes. There is that.
    11-20-19 10:26 AM