I have a -7 and tapping 8 times does not load the password prompt. I will try with my -1 tomorrow. I'm assuming it doesn't matter for my -7 anyway because there is no other alternative PRD to spoof.
    11-06-17 10:03 AM
    I posted an example of PTCRB above. They must approve an OS before a carrier can deploy an update in NA.
    In Europe many phones are NOT supplied by the carriers such as mine. So the carrier does not push the update.

Just looking into the PTCRB and found a timeline of 2 to 3 weeks......

PTCRB Timeframe

The duration for PTCRB testing depends on features supported by the device – number of bands, data-only, data & voice, external or internal antenna etc. An important consideration is whether the device uses a module that has already received PTCRB certification. When the devices uses an already PTCRB-approved module, the PTCRB certification for the device will take 2-3 weeks.
    11-06-17 10:34 AM
    In Europe many phones are NOT supplied by the carriers such as mine. So the carrier does not push the update.

Just looking into the PTCRB and found a timeline of 2 to 3 weeks......

PTCRB Timeframe

The duration for PTCRB testing depends on features supported by the device – number of bands, data-only, data & voice, external or internal antenna etc. An important consideration is whether the device uses a module that has already received PTCRB certification. When the devices uses an already PTCRB-approved module, the PTCRB certification for the device will take 2-3 weeks.
    I'm aware of that. I just gave a single example of an agency that can delay an update - in this case, with respect to NA carriers.

There are countless others around the world.
    11-06-17 10:35 AM
    I'm aware of that. I just gave a single example of an agency that can delay an update - in this case, with respect to NA carriers.

There are countless others around the world.
    No firm evidence on either side of the fence. @blackberry as you monitor these forums care to "update" us ......????
    11-06-17 11:15 AM
    Yesterday Conite confirmed in another thread, that the deployment depends on politicians and regional "agencies" . Understood?
    11-06-17 12:36 PM
    Yesterday Conite confirmed in another thread, that the deployment depends on politicians and regional "agencies" . Understood?
    Hahah!
    Opinions are like ar$eholes everyone has one including myself.
    I'd prefer hard facts but unfortunately we do not have any.
    I've reached out to Blackberry in here but I really do not think TCL are in the business of providing details.
    11-06-17 12:42 PM
    Or the global regulatory bodies have failed their citizens.

The updates are there - they just can't get through.
    And they also get siphoned thru the carriers as well further delaying or denying the OTA updates.
    11-06-17 12:48 PM
    Hahah!
    I've reached out to Blackberry in here but I really do not think TCL are in the business of providing details.
    Take a look at the attached.

Every BBB100-1 (116-XXX) has AAQ302 except for two - one of which it AT&T.

Only two BBB100-2 (117-XXX) have AAQ302, when only a button needs to be pressed for all the rest. Intentional waiting is going on.

11-06-17 12:59 PM
    Hahah!
    I believe that the licensing terms between BB and TCL allow no more communication that we would have originally expected from BB itself. Hence, next to none!
    11-06-17 01:07 PM
    I believe that the licensing terms between BB and TCL allow no more communication that we would have originally expected from BB itself. Hence, next to none!
    It would be nice if the entire OHA put its weight behind a press release describing what the issues are with deploying updates around the world. That might start a conversation, and exert pressure.

The problem is that most members are happy with the status quo, as they aren't too fussy over having to constantly deploy patches in the first place - the global quagmire is to their advantage.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-06-17 01:15 PM
    Ifi do change my PRD of my Black Keyone from germany, will i have to factory reset my phone? What are the down sides?
    11-06-17 02:37 PM
    Countless others have done it successfully. You must be doing something wrong.
    Dude! thanks a lot for posting this! That made me want to go and try again so I tried the Emulated CU reference to: PRD-63117-034

The mistake I was doing before, is in the Emulated current version, I was setting that to the one of the update that I want. So it always failed to install. Now when I set it to my current OS version which was AAN358, it worked! Now I'm on AAQ302 October Patch! Thank you so much I was really frustrated. You made my day man.

Cheers
    FF22 likes this.
    11-06-17 06:35 PM
    Ifi do change my PRD of my Black Keyone from germany, will i have to factory reset my phone? What are the down sides?
    nope, it acts like a regular OTA update, everything is retained. I just updated to AAQ302

After you do the update, it is important to clear the data otherwise that same update will keep on downloading.

see the instructions at the end of this page:

http://wiki.mbirth.de/know-how/hardw...-variants.html
    Last edited by Snappy Phoenix; 11-06-17 at 06:52 PM.
    11-06-17 06:36 PM
    Dude! thanks a lot for posting this! That made me want to go and try again so I tried the Emulated CU reference to: PRD-63117-034

The mistake I was doing before, is in the Emulated current version, I was setting that to the one of the update that I want. So it always failed to install. Now when I set it to my current OS version which was AAN358, it worked! Now I'm on AAQ302 October Patch! Thank you so much I was really frustrated. You made my day man.

Cheers
    Awesome!
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    11-06-17 06:36 PM
    I have a -7 and tapping 8 times does not load the password prompt. I will try with my -1 tomorrow. I'm assuming it doesn't matter for my -7 anyway because there is no other alternative PRD to spoof.
    That "feature" has been removed in the October patch. There's currently no easy way to install OTAs for other variants of your device.
    hkgnyc and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    11-07-17 06:08 AM
    That "feature" has been removed in the October patch. There's currently no easy way to install OTAs for other variants of your device.
    Ahh and I thought it was just me. After updating to AAQ302 I also can no longer tap 8 times to get into the Test Mode. Oh well, at least I did this October update
    11-07-17 06:24 AM
91 ... 234