Yep. They used their huge power and made a sweet deal almost 10 years ago that even Samsung hasn't been able to repeat. Good luck BlackBerry Mobile.
    Or does Apple just hold their updates until all approvals are complete?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-04-17 01:43 PM
    Or does Apple just hold their updates until all approvals are complete?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    The short period between beta and production would suggest not.

But who knows? They may have fast tract agreements.
    11-04-17 01:44 PM
    People generally aren't aware of the global regulatory labyrinth that has been created, and expect BlackBerry and/or BlackBerry Mobile to just "get it done".

For me, their job is done, and promise fulfilled the moment an update appears on their server. After that, we only have our own respective politicians and agencies to blame.
    I am sure more than ever, national security and intelligence services have to say a word in that " regulatory labyrinth". Maybe this is the secret.
    11-04-17 01:46 PM
    If your phone is purchased through a carrier, they usually drag their feet before they release the updates. Factory unlocked devices get updates as soon as they are available.
    yes and no

No because for instance BB does not have the power of mass to make updates free all the time like IOS

and YES as soon as available lets say but with some delay its not instantly there if it was so simple I would have the update like you but nooot its not that simple

there is also a way that you can check for updates and see if your carrier is slow you can take out your sim card and check on Wi-fi!
    11-04-17 02:07 PM
    yes and no

No because for instance BB does not have the power of mass to make updates free all the time like IOS

and YES as soon as available lets say but with some delay its not instantly there if it was so simple I would have the update like you but nooot its not that simple

there is also a way that you can check for updates and see if your carrier is slow you can take out your sim card and check on Wi-fi!
    With respect, there isn't much here that is correct.

If you read over the last 30 posts or so, you should get a better idea of how it works.
    11-04-17 02:26 PM
    Still no update.
    Time to turn my phone into a German version. Probably for the best as it spends most of its time here.
    11-05-17 02:46 AM
    Still no update.
    Time to turn my phone into a German version. Probably for the best as it spends most of its time here.
    Don't do that! Here in Germany with german version it is the same!
    11-05-17 04:30 AM
    You know I wish TCL would come clean about why UK users (amongst others) have to wait over a month for updates. I bought an unlocked phone, partly not to have to be beholden to the carriers!

If it is a UK regulatory issue, tell us, and we can moan at the regulators. Given we are still in the EU, you'd think there would be EU wide approval processes. Grrrr.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-05-17 05:17 AM
    You know I wish TCL would come clean about why UK users (amongst others) have to wait over a month for updates. I bought an unlocked phone, partly not to have to be beholden to the carriers!

If it is a UK regulatory issue, tell us, and we can moan at the regulators. Given we are still in the EU, you'd think there would be EU wide approval processes. Grrrr.
    Probably because UK users are always the first to get the phones?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 05:38 AM
    Don't do that! Here in Germany with german version it is the same!
    You have the update for October already?
    11-05-17 06:28 AM
    Use the Update app spoofing method and use PRD-63117-034. You'll get your update immediately.

This will work for any BBB100-2.
    11-05-17 06:34 AM
    No! Still on September 5th
    11-05-17 07:14 AM
    Tried but refused to install. BBB100-2
    11-06-17 03:25 AM
    Use the Update app spoofing method and use PRD-63117-034. You'll get your update immediately.

This will work for any BBB100-2.
    Negative, it downloads but fails to install midway.

I think the BBB100-2 is the forgotten elephant in the room for BlackBerry. Even their tech support have on clue why it's not updating
    11-06-17 05:50 AM
    Negative, it downloads but fails to install midway.
    Countless others have done it successfully. You must be doing something wrong.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    11-06-17 05:52 AM
    Countless others have done it successfully. You must be doing something wrong.
    Maybe, but I find it pathetic that TCL is having their customer revert to such ways to get an update. It's by far the worst company I've seen when it comes to updates. And there I thought Samsung and there slow updates are bad, TCL takes this BS to another level.

I hope Kevin from CrackBerry sees this and informs their management how frustrated their customers are.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    11-06-17 07:13 AM
    Maybe, but I find it pathetic that TCL is having their customer revert to such ways to get an update. It's by far the worst company I've seen when it comes to updates. And there I thought Samsung and there slow updates are bad, TCL takes this BS to another level.

I hope Kevin from CrackBerry sees this and informs their management how frustrated their customers are.
    Read this thread and you'll get a good idea what's going on. For the most part, TCL is not to blame.
    11-06-17 07:16 AM
    I have not seen any proof that European regulatory bodies are to blame for the slow European roll out.
    Personally I think it lies at the feet of TCL.
    11-06-17 07:25 AM
    I have not seen any proof that European regulatory bodies are to blame for the slow European roll out.
    Well I'm in Dubai so...
    11-06-17 07:55 AM
    So even though the update is sitting on the TCL server, and has for a while now, they are simply holding back pressing the "go" button for much of Europe just to spite you?

If not, what do you think is preventing them from hitting the button?
    11-06-17 08:23 AM
    That is the question that no-one can answer. Regulations or not.
    11-06-17 08:25 AM
    That is the question that no-one can answer. Regulations or not.
    So, without information, despite examples of holdups with other regulatory agencies, and despite the confirmed existence of the update itself, you will assume it is TCL's responsibility? Well, that's your prerogative.
    11-06-17 08:28 AM
    I have not seen any examples of regularity bodies holding up OTA updates.

Again happy to be proven wrong.
    11-06-17 09:45 AM
    I have not seen any examples of regularity bodies holding up OTA updates.

Again happy to be proven wrong.
    I posted an example of PTCRB above. They must approve an OS before a carrier can deploy an update in NA.
    11-06-17 09:54 AM
    People are waiting already for AAQ302 I am still at AAO472 and it says that I am up to date. Bought through amazon.co.uk .
    I'm stuck at this in Germany as well since September...
    11-06-17 10:03 AM
91 1234