KEYone silver - updated yesterday to october patch level (including krack fix)

KEYone black edition - still on september patch level.

Factory unlocked phones in the same region, on the same network, from the same retailer. This is dumb, whoever fault it is.
    Agreed. That's nuts. But each device is registered uniquely with each authority, and has to be dealt with separately.
    11-04-17 09:02 AM
    Agreed. That's nuts. But each device is registered uniquely with each authority, and has to be dealt with separately.
    But there are the exact things that BBM should be working to iron out. No matter how many parts are working.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 09:12 AM
    But there are the exact things that BBM should be working to iron out. No matter how many parts are working.

Posted via CB10
    Ok.

But Samsung, LG, and the rest of the gang have been trying for years - and they have a heck of a lot more clout than BlackBerry Mobile.
    11-04-17 09:16 AM
    Ok.

But Samsung, LG, and the rest of the gang have been trying for years - and they have a heck of a lot more clout than BlackBerry Mobile.
    I don't really believe they are trying.
    Don't think it's their core focus to push out regular monthly security updates.
    They are more focused on the consumer side I believe

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 09:18 AM
    Face it Blackberry have failed their global consumer base with monthly updates on more than one occasion.
    11-04-17 09:40 AM
    Face it Blackberry have failed their global consumer base with monthly updates on more than one occasion.
    Or the global regulatory bodies have failed their citizens.

The updates are there - they just can't get through.
    11-04-17 09:42 AM
    For unlocked smartphones? I'm willing to be proven wrong but on unlocked smartphones from Blackberry what is the difference between a German Keyone who have their October updates now and a UK Keyone who do not have the updates.
    11-04-17 10:16 AM
    For unlocked smartphones? I'm willing to be proven wrong but on unlocked smartphones from Blackberry what is the difference between a German Keyone who have their October updates now and a UK Keyone who do not have the updates.
    I wish I knew, but obviously there is a difference. Otherwise you're suggesting BlackBerry Mobile is just playing with you.

All of the various factory-unlocked devices have separate build branches, and are updated independently. It was set up that way for a reason - which has always been argued due to regional regulatory requirements.

Almost all of the 20 KEYᵒⁿᵉs with PRD-63117-XXX are European unlocked device variants.
    11-04-17 10:44 AM
    I wish I knew, but obviously there is a difference. Otherwise you're suggesting BlackBerry Mobile is just playing with you.

All of the various factory-unlocked devices have separate build branches, and are updated independently. It was set up that way for a reason - which has always been argued due to regional regulatory requirements.

Almost all of the 20 KEYᵒⁿᵉs with PRD-63117-XXX are European unlocked device variants. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...15551e8ead.jpg
    Where to find the PRD-XXX-XXX
    For the keyone?
    11-04-17 10:57 AM
    Where to find the PRD-XXX-XXX
    For the keyone?
    On your box, or using "ADB shell getprop" from a computer.
    anon(10337964) likes this.
    11-04-17 10:58 AM
    I may spoof my PRD.
    11-04-17 10:58 AM
    On your box, or using "ADB shell getprop" from a computer.
    Thanks Man!
    11-04-17 10:59 AM
    I may spoof my PRD.
    And you can do that if you are still on the Sep patch level or prior.

http://wiki.mbirth.de/know-how/hardw...-variants.html
    11-04-17 11:01 AM
    I'm definitely on the September patch
    11-04-17 11:02 AM
    Firstly, in your point of view it's fare!
    But,
    I'm not asking BlackBerry to roll updates which they can't, I just asked coz they promised that Monthly Updates are guaranteed. Hope you got my point?!
    And his point is Blackberrys promises don't trump their carrier contracts.
    11-04-17 11:21 AM
    Can anyone say how to get into the advanced mode in the Updates App.

Though I have followed the steps in the link by @conite ; i.e pressed 8 times but no response.
    Thanks!
    11-04-17 12:24 PM
    Can anyone say how to get into the advanced mode in the Updates App.

Though I have followed the steps in the link by @conite ; i.e pressed 8 times but no response.
    Thanks!
    Just look at the instructions more carefully. They are correct.
    11-04-17 12:25 PM
    Stuff it
    11-04-17 12:29 PM
    And his point is Blackberrys promises don't trump their carrier contracts.
    And international regulatory and certification bodies.

For carriers in NA, for instance, an OS must usually be certified by PTCRB prior to deployment. Until this is done, the carrier, BlackBerry, and BlackBerry Mobile just have to sit and wait.
    Makaveli@Beta likes this.
    11-04-17 12:38 PM
    And international regulatory and certification bodies.

For carriers in NA, for instance, an OS must usually be certified by PTCRB prior to deployment. Until this is done, the carrier, BlackBerry, and BlackBerry Mobile just have to sit and wait.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...81811abff7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...855d860ddd.jpg
    But, it's easier to ignore facts and just yell at the picture on the box!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-04-17 12:50 PM
    But, it's easier to ignore facts and just yell at the picture on the box!

People generally aren't aware of the global regulatory labyrinth that has been created, and expect BlackBerry and/or BlackBerry Mobile to just "get it done".

For me, their job is done, and promise fulfilled the moment an update appears on their server. After that, we only have our own respective politicians and agencies to blame.
    11-04-17 12:56 PM
    People generally aren't aware of the global regulatory labyrinth that has been created, and expect BlackBerry and/or BlackBerry Mobile to just "get it done".

For me, their job is done, and promise fulfilled the moment an update appears on their server. After that, we only have our own respective politicians and agencies to blame.
    I empathize with users' frustrations, as these things are very opaque to the average person. But then there is a small minority of people who simply want to jump up and down yelling, even when they've been given the facts that would allow them to direct their frustrations in a more productive way.

Makaveli@Beta likes this.
    11-04-17 01:05 PM
    Sure, and I think BlackBerry Mobile would be the first to want to get updates out and not have to deal with the blowback.

Without knowing what parts of this machine they control, and what parts they don't, it's very hard for us to even talk about it - let alone determine blame.
    Cop outs not permitted:

OTA Updates-confused-business-woman-pointing-9105375.jpg
    11-04-17 01:14 PM

Apple manages it.
    11-04-17 01:19 PM
    Apple manages it.
    Yep. They used their huge power and made a sweet deal almost 10 years ago that even Samsung hasn't been able to repeat. Good luck BlackBerry Mobile.
    scott8629 likes this.
    11-04-17 01:22 PM
91 1234