Hi there! (from India)
    I don't understand how few people are getting updates like AAQ302 while we people are still stuck on AAP638.
    Does the updates come based on the carrier they use or location they are in?

Why don't we all get the updates at the same moment just like Apple's customers get?

So, dear BB I request you to please keep your word! As said that Regular Monthly Updates to all BlackBerry Users.

Best Regards,
    Anupam.

11-03-17 05:15 AM
    I just got AAQ302 on my BlackBerry Mobile replacement of my Rogers locked phone that was sent in for repair.
    11-03-17 05:57 AM
    I just got AAQ302 on my BlackBerry Mobile replacement of my Rogers locked phone that was sent in for repair.
    Mine was Black Edition.
    Do you think that the updates are rolled out based on the model no. ?
    11-03-17 06:00 AM
    If your phone is purchased through a carrier, they usually drag their feet before they release the updates. Factory unlocked devices get updates as soon as they are available.
    11-03-17 07:06 AM
    If your phone is purchased through a carrier, they usually drag their feet before they release the updates. Factory unlocked devices get updates as soon as they are available.
    This used to be the case although, depending on model and carrier, there seems to be a convergence of update delivery time. Unfortunately, it seems that dates are pushed back closer to carrier date for whatever "testing" carrier holds update for. BBMo needs carriers more than ever so this isn't surprising.
    11-03-17 07:16 AM
    But phones in India are all sold unlocked.
    I don't think BlackBerry ever releases OS updates for everyone at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-17 07:34 AM
    But phones in India are all sold unlocked.
    I don't think BlackBerry ever releases OS updates for everyone at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    AFAIK no Android OEM does
    11-03-17 07:35 AM
    AFAIK no Android OEM does
    By everyone I mean all the KEYones will not be updated at the same time (even unlocked). It's region wise roll out

Posted via CB10
    11-03-17 07:44 AM
    Hi there! (from India)
    I don't understand how few people are getting updates like AAQ302 while we people are still stuck on AAP638.
    Does the updates come based on the carrier they use or location they are in?

Why don't we all get the updates at the same moment just like Apple's customers get?

So, dear BB I request you to please keep your word! As said that Regular Monthly Updates to all BlackBerry Users.

Best Regards,
    Anupam.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...59af31dfdf.jpg
    If you bought your phone from a carrier you will get the update when the carrier decides to push it out. I don't understand how people are so confused about this still
    11-03-17 09:46 AM
    People are confused because they are used to Apple, who pushes their updates directly. But then they blame the manufacturers for not doing what Apple does, when it's the carriers or licensees who are the ones slowing the process down.

BlackBerry publishes the updates, but can't push them to all devices because it's contracts don't allow it to.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-03-17 09:51 AM
    If you bought your phone from a carrier you will get the update when the carrier decides to push it out. I don't understand how people are so confused about this still
    Thanks man!!
    I bought mine from amazon.in
    11-03-17 09:53 AM
    People are confused because they are used to Apple, who pushes their updates directly. But then they blame the manufacturers for not doing what Apple does, when it's the carriers or licensees who are the ones slowing the process down.

BlackBerry publishes the updates, but can't push them to all devices because it's contracts don't allow it to.

Firstly, in your point of view it's fare!
    But,
    I'm not asking BlackBerry to roll updates which they can't, I just asked coz they promised that Monthly Updates are guaranteed. Hope you got my point?!
    11-03-17 10:15 AM
    People are waiting already for AAQ302 I am still at AAO472 and it says that I am up to date. Bought through amazon.co.uk .
    11-03-17 10:17 AM
    coz they promised that Monthly Updates are guaranteed. Hope you got my point?!
    This is not accurate.

BlackBerry Mobile promises "best in class" updates. And that is pretty much the case.
    Last edited by conite; 11-03-17 at 01:58 PM.
    anon(10337964) likes this.
    11-03-17 01:43 PM

No that's not correct. The unlocked phone has no contract. But ppl gets update at different time. For me, in Australia I always receive the update in the end of the month while others receivd the update in the beginning of the month. And I bought from a retail shop, no carrier and not locked.
    11-04-17 01:36 AM
    This is not accurate.

BlackBerry Mobile promises "best in class" updates. And that is pretty much the case.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c93d081385.jpg
    Did you miss the word "monthly" ?
    anon(10337964) likes this.
    11-04-17 01:36 AM
    Exactly!!
    11-04-17 02:21 AM
    That's what they're called.
    11-04-17 06:36 AM
    Mine's also an unlocked unit and i just got the Oct update yesterday!!! Talk about 'delayed' monthly updates!
    11-04-17 06:43 AM
    That's what they're called.
    Because they are supposed to be released every month.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 06:52 AM
    Because they are supposed to be released every month.

Posted via CB10
    Look. Complain all you want, but BlackBerry Mobile can easily argue "best in class monthly updates". Apart from Google, they are still better than anyone else.

KEYᵒⁿᵉ (NA unlocked)

Jun - Jun 12 - AAL964

Jul - Aug 3 - AAN355

Aug - Aug 14 - AAN517

Sep - Sep 8 - AAO472

Oct - Oct 17/Nov 3 - AAP683/AAQ302(Krack)

If your updates are any later than the above, then you are dealing with carrier and/or regional issues that are most likely beyond BlackBerry Mobile's control.
    Last edited by conite; 11-04-17 at 09:07 AM.
    11-04-17 06:54 AM
    Look. Complain all you want, but BlackBerry Mobile can easily argue "best in class monthly updates". Apart from Google, they are still better than anyone else.

KEYᵒⁿᵉ (NA unlocked)

Jun - Jun 12 - AAL964

Jul - Aug 3 - AAN355

Aug - Aug 14 - AAN517

Sep - Sep 8 - AAO472

Oct - Oct 17/Nov 3 - AAP683/AAQ302(Krack)

If your updates are any latter than the above, then you are dealing with carrier and/or regional issues that are most likely beyond BlackBerry Mobile's control.
    They are better than everyone other thank google no doubt. Doesn't mean they can't match that. Or get better than they currently are doing right?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 07:32 AM
    How to find it is factory unlocked?
    11-04-17 07:35 AM
    If your updates are any latter than the above, then you are dealing with carrier and/or regional issues that are most likely beyond BlackBerry Mobile's control.
    KEYone silver - updated yesterday to october patch level (including krack fix)

KEYone black edition - still on september patch level.

Factory unlocked phones in the same region, on the same network, from the same retailer. This is dumb, whoever fault it is.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-04-17 08:45 AM
    They are better than everyone other thank google no doubt. Doesn't mean they can't match that. Or get better than they currently are doing right?

Posted via CB10
    Sure, and I think BlackBerry Mobile would be the first to want to get updates out and not have to deal with the blowback.

Without knowing what parts of this machine they control, and what parts they don't, it's very hard for us to even talk about it - let alone determine blame.
    11-04-17 09:00 AM
91 123 ...