Hi,

As I understand not all KeyOne devices will get all the consecutive monthly patches. For instance, my last patch was the january patch whereas there is a march one out yet and only some devices will get it. What is the rationale behind this ? And why are there different KeyOne versions anyway (BBB-100-x and PRD) ?

Kind regards,
    Mark
    03-26-18 08:19 AM
    Hi,

As I understand not all KeyOne devices will get all the consecutive monthly patches. For instance, my last patch was the january patch whereas there is a march one out yet and only some devices will get it. What is the rationale behind this ? And why are there different KeyOne versions anyway (BBB-100-x and PRD) ?

Kind regards,
    Mark
    They sold so much devices that they have to rollout stagely i think because otherwise it would bust up their servers lol...
    Last edited by Hulk123; 03-26-18 at 11:47 AM.
    0Mark de Vries0 likes this.
    03-26-18 08:28 AM
    Hi,

Kind regards,
    Mark
    There are 50 KEYᵒⁿᵉ variants - all tied to specific markets and/or carriers.

This is required as each market/carrier has its own rules for OS distribution, and therefore each variant much be specifically and uniquely targetable for updates.

As to the precise division between internal and external reasons for particular deployments - it's impossible for us to know.

So we can either wait, or run an autoloader.
    03-26-18 09:00 AM
    There are 50 KEYᵒⁿᵉ variants - all tied to specific markets and/or carriers.

This is required as each market/carrier has its own rules for OS distribution, and therefore each variant much be specifically and uniquely targetable for updates.

As to the precise division between internal and external reasons for particular deployments - it's impossible for us to know.

So we can either wait, or run an autoloader.
    Ah, I see. Thank you. Do all manufacturers face the same issue ? Can not remember noticing this with my other phone brands.

Cheers !
    03-26-18 09:26 AM
    Ah, I see. Thank you. Do all manufacturers face the same issue ? Can not remember noticing this with my other phone brands.

Cheers !
    This is pretty common, yes.
    03-26-18 09:34 AM