So let me get this straight:

OS updates are pushed by blackberry and I don't need my keyone to be associated with Google email address.

Security updates are pushed by Google and I do need to have my keyone associated with Google email address.

Is that correct?
    06-12-17 05:12 PM
    Both OS and security updates will come from BlackBerry. I'm not sure about the gmail association necessity though, as I do have mine associated because I use Google apps and services.
    06-12-17 05:52 PM
    So let me get this straight:

Security updates are pushed by Google and I do need to have my keyone associated with Google email address.

Is that correct?
    My understanding is that you do need a Google Account but it does not have to use a GMail email address.

So for example you could setup a Google Account with an Outlook.com email address, even though I believe Google suggests a GMail addresses during the account creation process.
    06-12-17 06:19 PM
    During the process of setting up outlook Google also create a Gmail address....found that out when creating mine on a Zenfone 3.
    So Google is Google no matter what phone?....Right?
    06-12-17 08:23 PM
    During the process of setting up outlook Google also create a Gmail address....found that out when creating mine on a Zenfone 3.
    So Google is Google no matter what phone?....Right?
    I'm not clear on what the connection between Microsoft Outlook and Google GMail would be, but you only need one Google account for all your Android devices.
    06-12-17 08:42 PM
    I'm not clear on what the connection between Microsoft Outlook and Google GMail would be, but you only need one Google account for all your Android devices.
    You can use any email address as your username for a Google account without ever setting up GMAIL.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 08:46 PM
    When I set up my outlook account using the mail app from the Android phone.
    Eg: alain@ outlook..... When I was done, Gmail has also been created using alain@gmail....
    All that without my consent

Just saying
    06-12-17 08:55 PM
    When I set up my outlook account using the mail app from the Android phone.
    Eg: alain@ outlook..... When I was done, Gmail has also been created using alain@gmail....
    All that without my consent

Just saying
    Isn't the mail app a Google app though? Or is it generic? I have not setup an Android phone yet.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 09:03 PM
    Isn't the mail app a Google app though? Or is it generic? I have not setup an Android phone yet.

Posted via CB10
    It has happened to me just once. Since then I deleted the generic mail app. Now I go to settings/account/ to activate a new account

And yes having an Android the mail app was connected to Google
    06-12-17 09:09 PM
    Google app/generic..
    Isn't it belong to Google when using Android?
    06-12-17 09:11 PM