Hello at All,

i am new in the Crackberry family.
    I am from Germany

Had a lot of Berries in the past (9700, 9780, 9900, Passport, Passport SE, Dtek50) and i am happy to say, that i am a owner of the amazing KeyOne.

But the reason why i am writing is, that a German retailer on ebay has the original dual layer shell case in his range. Please see the link below

Schutz Hülle für BlackBerry KEYone 100% PASSGENAU Handy Case ORIGINAL Cover Etui | eBay

I ordered one, and hope few of you can get one too.

But the main thing is, that the case should be available for all of us in the next few days.
    05-31-17 08:00 AM
    Hey, man! In case you already got the case, could you please tell us if it makes the phone a lot bigger/heavier? In general, what are your overall impressions from the case?
    06-08-17 06:56 AM
    I got one from Amazon scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
    06-08-17 07:12 AM
    Could you also share your impressions with the case once you have it?
    06-08-17 07:16 AM
    No problem. I wish TCL released a clear one though. The clear hard case I have now looks perfect - transparent everywhere with no branding on it. Problem is the side buttons are real hard to press through the case. Effort has to be exerted.
    06-08-17 07:32 AM
    No problem. I wish TCL released a clear one though. The clear hard case I have now looks perfect - transparent everywhere with no branding on it. Problem is the side buttons are real hard to press through the case. Effort has to be exerted.
    Not sure what brand it is but I'm using an awesome clear TPU case on the device now and it works awesome. It doesn't add any bulk either and makes the phone a bit more grippy!
    06-08-17 10:31 AM
    Ordered mine on Amazon and should be here Friday! I got a similar ripoff on eBay a month ago that's pretty cheap. Excited for the official TCL case.
    06-08-17 10:40 AM
    I just got the clear case, although I won't have the phone for a few more days. I can see how the buttons are pretty hard. Has anyone tried cutting the plastic buttons out of the case with an exacto knife so that the phone's buttons are used but are still protected?
    06-08-17 10:51 AM
    The TCL Dual Layer shell arrived. I'd have preferred if the back was the same or similar texture as the back of the KEYone, like how the Classic shell was. I'd also love if it was available transparent.

No significant weight difference that I can tell and the buttons are easily pressed.

Original BlackBerry KeyOne Dual Layer Shell Case AVAILABLE-img_20170609_1603145.jpg
    Original BlackBerry KeyOne Dual Layer Shell Case AVAILABLE-img_20170609_1603330.jpg
    Original BlackBerry KeyOne Dual Layer Shell Case AVAILABLE-img_20170609_1617442.jpg
    Original BlackBerry KeyOne Dual Layer Shell Case AVAILABLE-img_20170609_1617560.jpg
    06-09-17 03:23 PM
    The TCL Dual Layer shell arrived. I'd have preferred if the back was the same or similar texture as the back of the KEYone, like how the Classic shell was. I'd also love if it was available transparent.
    Looks good, thank you for sharing!

Mine is being delivered later today.
    06-09-17 03:26 PM

No significant weight difference that I can tell and the buttons are easily pressed.
    It does look good, unfortunately it seems to suffer from that fingerprint / "grease" smudge issue a lot of soft touch coated cases have. I had a feeling the Incipio one was going to be like that, which is why I decided to give the TCL case a shot.

For $25, it looks like a good case to have on hand for those times when I want to protect the phone a bit more. Mine will hopefully be here Saturday. 👍
    06-09-17 03:51 PM
    I've had mine for 3 days now. it's as good as incipio duopro and looks better with the blackberry logo on the back. dropped the phone 2x on a concrete surface and no issue wahtsover. it does add weight / bulk but in my view that's fine if you want to protect this amazing device.
    the brother and Johberry like this.
    06-09-17 04:14 PM
    I have the case too and I love it. I like the feel of it much more than the metal sides and original back. It feels more secure in the hand. I also like the darker look of it. It is definitely larger with the case on, but it feels great to me. It's an all around recommend for me.
    06-10-17 12:20 AM
    I really like this case. I use it and yes, it's bulky. Yes, it's slightly heavier. No, it doesn't bother me because I actually enjoy how it is. Feels like it's truly going to protect the device.

I'm also going to get the leather flip and pocket.
    06-10-17 02:35 AM
    Does it have the raised lip around the screen? The Incipio one doesn't, which is a clear minus.
    06-10-17 06:21 AM
    Does it have the raised lip around the screen? The Incipio one doesn't, which is a clear minus.
    Yes it does which provides excellent protection.
    Critical Observer likes this.
    06-10-17 06:40 AM
    Happily, the USPS delivered mine a few days early (was supposed to arrive Monday, but I had a feeling California to Phoenix wouldn't take that long) and so I now also have one of these!

Initial impressions are actually nice. Much nicer than I had expected. It sort of reminds me of the silicone skin cases BlackBerry used to do in the days of the Bold 9000/9700 in terms of thickness, but minus the grippy, "lint collector" characteristic that those silicone cases often had. It's plenty easy to hold onto however.

A few pictures for those that are still on the fence about it!

Original BlackBerry KeyOne Dual Layer Shell Case AVAILABLE-img_2438.jpg
    Original BlackBerry KeyOne Dual Layer Shell Case AVAILABLE-img_2448.jpg

It does, though I'd say it's minimal. It's certainly not along the lines of something like an OtterBox (any model) or some other cases. It should be enough to protect the front of the device when set on a desk, but probably not a whole lot more than that.
    Critical Observer likes this.
    06-10-17 02:19 PM
    For you slam boys out there, a good amount of raisivity is a must..
    06-10-17 02:31 PM
    I do appreciate the slim form factor of the case, but I do wish it had a more defined lip. From a typing standpoint, I understand why it does not, but I fear a face down drop will not leave the screen or keyboard with any sort of protection. I wonder how it compares with the Incipio (I figure they must be similar, though, as someone gave it a 'minus').

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 04:06 PM
    I do appreciate the slim form factor of the case, but I do wish it had a more defined lip. From a typing standpoint, I understand why it does not, but I fear a face down drop will not leave the screen or keyboard with any sort of protection.
    But the thing is, protecting the display with a more pronounced lip and leaving the keyboard unobstructed don't need to be mutually exclusive; see this profile picture of the excellent Acase Superleggera for reference:

Original BlackBerry KeyOne Dual Layer Shell Case AVAILABLE-31hjlr3qgql.jpg

That badboy kept the display AND the keyboard out of the harm's way while still allowing the user to bust a move or two when banging out those emails. It's a shame the manufacturers don't go for this design by default.
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    06-10-17 04:29 PM
    Really enjoying the OEM unit. Offers good protection for weekend use. I won't use it during the week because the device is too beautiful to hide.

Going to try the pocket too. The flip looks tricky to type with.
    06-11-17 01:06 PM
    Wish I could use the OEM case with the pocket.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 02:46 PM
    The OEM dual case does have a lip on the upper portion but does nor have enough on the lower part thus the keyboard is hitting the surface when places face down.
    06-11-17 02:47 PM
    Wish I could use the OEM case with the pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Have you got the pocket? If so, is it very tight?
    06-11-17 03:06 PM
    Have you got the pocket? If so, is it very tight?
    No. Sorry for being misleading. I was assuming that it would be too snug.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 03:51 PM
32 12