Is it worth it to upgrade to Oreo, I keep seeing comments about how many problems this has and people trying to downgrade
    02-14-19 09:46 AM
    Is it worth it to upgrade to Oreo, I keep seeing comments about how many problems this has and people trying to downgrade
    I was one of the downgrade crowd.

The downgrade to Nougat was a great experience for me. I was having annoying issues with Oreo. Also, my KeyOne hadn't had an OS update in months.

Last month, my KeyOne received the January update, so I decided to give Oreo another try.

I needed to use the Mobile Upgrade Tool to install Oreo cleanly because of my autoloader downgrade. Since then, I have no complaints with Oreo. The original OTA upgrade must have caused some issues for me.

I now recommend the upgrade.
    02-14-19 10:31 AM
    Oreo is great! As with any major OS update, if you run into issues you'll need to do a factory reset (this does not downgrade your OS. It simply wipes the device and provides a clean current update).
    02-14-19 12:30 PM
    I was one of the downgrade crowd.

The downgrade to Nougat was a great experience for me. I was having annoying issues with Oreo. Also, my KeyOne hadn't had an OS update in months.

Last month, my KeyOne received the January update, so I decided to give Oreo another try.

I needed to use the Mobile Upgrade Tool to install Oreo cleanly because of my autoloader downgrade. Since then, I have no complaints with Oreo. The original OTA upgrade must have caused some issues for me.

I now recommend the upgrade.
    Please help get these shortcuts to work; they seem to have come with Oreo on my Keyone. They are called "External Physical Keyboard Shortcuts". What is interesting is that they say you can do things like going home, seeing notifications, going to recents, and much more with the keyboard. How can I get this to work?
    Attached Thumbnails Oreo upgrade-5256.jpg  
    ElKid likes this.
    02-15-19 02:38 PM
    Oreo solved all of the issues I was having on Nougat, and honestly made the phone feel like a new model due to how much smoother it ran. Better battery life as well.
    02-15-19 07:53 PM