If you have ever run an autoloader on your KEYᵒⁿᵉ, you will NOT be able to update to Oreo UNLESS you use Sugar to wipe and load your current/designated Nougat build BEFORE doing the OTA update.

Of course, it is "likely" possible to use Sugar after the fact to install a clean version of Oreo - but as that situation does not yet exist, I can't test it.

Instructions can be found here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13238088

The beta program demonstrated that most (or all) people who had EVER run an autoloader could not detect their SIM card after updating.

Edit: If you can't log into Sugar, you can use the older Mobile Upgrade Tool instead.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-tool-1117513/
    Last edited by conite; 07-22-18 at 06:56 PM.
    FuzzyManas, Sime0n_S, FF22 and 7 others like this.
    07-18-18 11:28 AM
    Thank you for the warning
    If you have ever run an autoloader on your KEYᵒⁿᵉ, you will NOT be able to update to Oreo UNLESS you use Sugar to wipe and load your current Nougat build BEFORE doing the OTA update.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-18-18 11:30 AM
    Sorry for the question, but, what is sugar?
    If you have ever run an autoloader on your KEYᵒⁿᵉ, you will NOT be able to update to Oreo UNLESS you use Sugar to wipe and load your current Nougat build BEFORE doing the OTA update.
    07-18-18 11:30 AM
    Sorry for the question, but, what is sugar?
    Follow the posted link.
    Felipe Arriaza likes this.
    07-18-18 11:31 AM
    Ok, thank you
    Follow the posted link.
    07-18-18 11:32 AM
    why?
    07-18-18 11:34 AM
    What if i have the autoloader of my keyone of may? It will work?
    Follow the posted link.
    07-18-18 11:35 AM
    why?
    I updated the first post.
    07-18-18 11:37 AM
    I updated the first post.
    Thanks!
    07-18-18 11:38 AM
    If you have ever run an autoloader on your KEYᵒⁿᵉ, you will NOT be able to update to Oreo UNLESS you use Sugar to wipe and load your current/designated Nougat build BEFORE doing the OTA update.

The beta program demonstrated that most (or all) people who had EVER run an autoloader could not detect their SIM card after updating.
    Sorry for asking again, but does this apply if i used an universal autoloader before (no wipe), but installed the last OTA updates regulary on my Keyone? I also got them for my variant after they appear on https://tclota.birth-online.de/ (Right now on the latest build).

never did one of the PRD change like in the beginning with the Updates app developer Options).

Second:
    Would this still work, if i do the wipe with sugar after updating to Oreo and getting an sim error?
    bibbula likes this.
    07-18-18 12:10 PM
    Why don't they just fix the Oreo update so that it does work? They have identified an issue with the Beta, which was the purpose of the BEta. Why don't they fix the issue so the customers don't have to deal with it?

07-18-18 12:30 PM
    Sorry for asking again, but does this apply if i used an universal autoloader before (no wipe), but installed the last OTA updates regulary on my Keyone? I also got them for my variant after they appear on https://tclota.birth-online.de/ (Right now on the latest build).

never did one of the PRD change like in the beginning with the Updates app developer Options).

Second:
    Would this still work, if i do the wipe with sugar after updating to Oreo and getting an sim error?
    1) unknown.

2) Sugar should (?) be able to give you a clean install of Oreo if you are having problems.
    07-18-18 12:31 PM
    Why don't they just fix the Oreo update so that it does work? They have identified an issue with the Beta, which was the purpose of the BEta. Why don't they fix the issue so the customers don't have to deal with it?
    They decided that it's not their problem since people went rogue at their own risk.
    07-18-18 12:32 PM

Yeah so this is why I never liked autoloaders. You just don't know what consequences might come from it.. although this sounds fixable.
    07-18-18 12:33 PM
    Yeah so this is why I never liked autoloaders. You just don't know what consequences might come from it.. although this sounds fixable.
    Worst case - you do a wipe and clean install with Sugar. It's not THAT big a deal.
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    07-18-18 12:37 PM
    That's really pathetic. The only reason anyone would do an autoloader is because they can't roll out their promised updates in a reasonable fashion. Way to punish your users, BlackBerry.
    Fred Wu likes this.
    07-18-18 12:38 PM
    Worst case - you do a wipe and clean install with Sugar. It's not THAT big a deal.
    Want to swing by a set up my phone for me?
    07-18-18 12:38 PM
    If you have used an autoloader, what is the worst thing that can happen if you try updating without first using sugar?
    07-18-18 12:39 PM
    If you have used an autoloader, what is the worst thing that can happen if you try updating without first using sugar?
    Can't connect to SIM card once updated to Oreo.

Hopefully a Sugar reload to Oreo will work at that point - but I can't test/confirm that.
    07-18-18 12:43 PM
    I used autoloader on my keyone and upgraded to oreo with no Sim issues.
    deezy87 likes this.
    07-18-18 01:30 PM
    I used autoloader on my keyone and upgraded to oreo with no Sim issues.
    We don't really know whether it was one autoloader in particular or many that caused the problem. Consider yourself lucky. The discussions behind the scene seem to indicate that it's quite pervasive.
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    07-18-18 01:33 PM
    We don't really know whether it was one autoloader in particular or many that caused the problem. Consider yourself lucky.
    Oh okay. To add information, I have used autoloaders every month since the December update. Last Ota was November
    07-18-18 01:34 PM
    Oh okay. To add information, I have used autoloaders every month since the December update. Last Ota was November
    And you never did a wipe at any point during that time?
    07-18-18 01:35 PM
    And you never did a wipe since?
    Nope. Only ever no wipe method
    07-18-18 01:36 PM
    Nope. Only ever no wipe method
    What carrier are you with?
    07-18-18 01:37 PM
55 123