Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I know that this is long, but I am trying to be thorough with every step I’ve gone through to save you the trouble of suggesting something I already tried.

[Scroll to the bottom of this post if you want to see updates first.]

I updated my BlackBerry KEYone to Oreo two days ago.
    Since then, I have encountered two problems:
    1. I cannot download or update anything from Google Play over WiFi networks. It works fine over cellular data.
    2. I cannot receive media messages which contain an image. Long text messages come through fine. I can send picture messages and long texts fine.

I force stopped, cleared data, and cleared caches in Messages, Google Play, and the system app Carrier Services.

I have been on the phone with AT&T who confirmed that my APN settings are correct.

I was on the phone with BlackBerry who had me go through the cache clearing again, and ultimately advised me to do a factory reset. I do not wish to do this.

I have restarted my phone many times. I removed and re-added my Google accounts. I have tried waiting. There is no anti-virus software on my device. I removed Avast and AVG. So, I don’t know what could be “blocking” anything. Everything worked fine before updating to Oreo. The issue with Google Play seems to "resolve" itself if I turn on battery saver for some reason. Disabling Power Center did not fix either issue.

I can load pages and access all WiFi networks normally. However, I cannot download an APK file from any website. I did not touch my home router because this happens on ALL WiFi networks, even public ones.

Apps do NOT update automatically ever. I do NOT want to reset my network settings because I will lose saved passwords for many WiFi locations. Further, I don’t see how this would help. I did reset Messages settings. I am using the stock Message app that came with the KEYone.

I can send and receive SMS messages without an issue. If someone tries to send me a picture, I see the little “download” prompt even though MMS messages are set to download automatically. If I click on it, the icon with spin momentarily, but the picture will never come through. Instead, I will receive an alert in a separate conversation. There is no phone #. It says, “Unknown Sender” & “Message not found.” So, if I weren’t staring at my phone, I wouldn’t even know who tried to message me.

I don't know what to do. Your help is greatly appreciated.

**EDIT** The Google Play over WiFi issue disappeared. It may have disappeared after a few rounds of clearing Play Store data/cache, disabling the Play Store, reinstalling the Play Store, and then not letting it update. The MMS issue is not resolved. **
    **EDIT 2** So, I reset all network settings. The Play Store issue returned and the MMS issue is still present. This isn't fun. **
    **EDIT 3** I disabled Messages and installed Textra. The Play Store works and MMS works for now. ** Ten hours later, there are problems with Textra and MMS. **

October 26th - The Play Store broke again. Even though Messages is disabled and hasn't been used, it still acquired app data. I cleared app data in messages, and the Play Store worked again. So, the two apps are somehow communicating and don't like each other.
    Interesting. Right?

November 2nd - Everything has been working smoothly since I cleared the Messages data on October 26th. I have been using Textra as my new messaging app and the Play Store problem didn't come back. The issue with Messages itself was never resolved, but since I switched apps, this is no longer an issue. I cannot say I ever 100% identified the problem, but Messages and the Play Store seemed to corrupt each other's data and collaborate in the background, even with background data disabled. This has not happened again in one week, and I have become used to Textra's look and feel.
    Last edited by bigballofyarn; 11-02-18 at 05:51 AM.
    10-17-18 02:43 PM
    That's far too many issues. I'd factory reset it. I know you likely don't want to, but it is what it is.
    10-17-18 03:20 PM
    That's far too many issues. I'd factory reset it. I know you likely don't want to, but it is what it is.
    As soon as I restore all of my apps and data, won't I unintentionally reactivate the mysterious problem?
    10-17-18 05:13 PM
    As soon as I restore all of my apps and data, won't I unintentionally reactivate the mysterious problem?
    It's possible, if the problem is an app / data based problem. However, I just think you got a crappy OTA.
    10-17-18 05:15 PM
    Just a long shot... but have you tried disabling "Power Center" app? Have you tried removing your SD card? Long shots...
    10-17-18 09:43 PM
    Just a long shot... but have you tried disabling "Power Center" app? Have you tried removing your SD card? Long shots...
    I tried disabling Power Center last last after you mentioned it, but had no results. Before I find the hardware to try to open the SD/SIM slot, what would that accomplish? I was told to never remove the SD card. Haha. I wonder how that would be affecting MMS or the Play Store. Thank you for your ideas.
    10-18-18 05:38 AM
    I tried disabling Power Center last last after you mentioned it, but had no results. Before I find the hardware to try to open the SD/SIM slot, what would that accomplish? I was told to never remove the SD card. Haha. I wonder how that would be affecting MMS or the Play Store. Thank you for your ideas.
    There have been instances where an SD card (and even a SIM card) have caused haywire behavior. However, as I said, long shots. I'm sure Bla1ze's solution will work and is probably what you're going to end up trying.
    10-18-18 07:17 AM
    There have been instances where an SD card (and even a SIM card) have caused haywire behavior. However, as I said, long shots. I'm sure Bla1ze's solution will work and is probably what you're going to end up trying.
    I actually will not ever be factory resetting the phone. That'll be too much of a hassle. I might reset networking settings since both issues involve connectivity and data communication. I will post back if/when I get anything resolved. Thanks for your input!
    10-18-18 07:28 AM
    So, I reset all network settings. The Play Store issue returned and the MMS issue is still present. This isn't fun.

**EDIT 3** I disabled Messages and installed Textra. The Play Store now works again and MMS works for now. ** Ten hours later, there are problems with Textra and MMS. **

October 26th - The Play Store broke again. Even though Messages is disabled and hasn't been used, it still acquired app data. I cleared app data in messages, and the Play Store worked again. So, the two apps are somehow communicating and don't like each other.

Interesting. Right?
    Last edited by bigballofyarn; 10-27-18 at 05:54 AM.
    10-25-18 10:46 AM
    @bigballofyarn - That's just crappy work from BlackBerry dev's, & What really interesting it, That they have not release an immediate patch for this - Unless it will become a world wide issue.

I second you, I will also never RESET my phone - It's much easier to say - But for me, It's my complete whole day just to restore every application. No wonder, If i do a reset, Maybe I will not be able to install anything just because of this issue.

Just keep calm, Let the installation run in the background - The app will be installed within 10 -15 min, This is is usually what mostly happens with me. Best of luck.
    Last edited by Vipul-Koba; 11-01-18 at 06:04 PM.
    11-01-18 05:53 PM
    @bigballofyarn - That's just crappy work from BlackBerry dev's, & What really interesting it, That they have not release an immediate patch for this - Unless it will become a world wide issue.

I second you, I will also never RESET my phone - It's much easier to say - But for me, It's my complete whole day just to restore every application. No wonder, If i do a reset, Maybe I will not be able to install anything just because of this issue.

Just keep calm, Let the installation run in the background - The app will be installed within 10 -15 min, This is is usually what mostly happens with me. Best of luck.
    Thank you, friend. I do have another update.

November 2nd - Everything has been working smoothly since I cleared the Messages data on October 26th. I have been using Textra as my new messaging app and the Play Store problem didn't come back. The issue with Messages itself was never resolved, but since I switched apps, this is no longer an issue. I cannot say I ever 100% identified the problem, but Messages and the Play Store seemed to corrupt each other's data and communicate with each other in the background, even with background data disabled. This has not happened again in one week, and I have become used to Textra's look and feel. The Play Store is still downloading fine over WiFi.
    11-02-18 05:52 AM
    if you are using - TrueCaller, stop it's services. Playstore will start working again.
    12-07-18 07:20 AM
    I had similar problems during the August update from Nougat to Oreo. Couldn't send SMS, and VoLTE+VideoCalling was broke. Tried all kinds of things over several months, including editing the Android configuration SQLite databases, network settings reset, changing my carrier's plan, escalating to highest level of tech support at my carrier, holding the power button for 1, 2, and 3 buzzes (3 buzzes is the famous 32second hard reboot), did everything anyone could possibly do without doing a factory reset.

Disabling the Carrier Services app allowed SMS to be sent, but incoming MMS did not work 95% of the time, and VoLTE+VideoCalling was still broke.

After exhausting every possible option, I did one factory reset. After that, I was able to send and receive SMS and MMS even with Carrier Services enabled, and VoLTE+VideoCalling was restored. I only have a minor bug with sound notifications not playing when I get an SMS, BBM, or Phone call, but this seems to be fixable by doing one soft reboot.
    12-11-18 01:37 PM