Man, she got you good giving you that code to use. That code has nothing to do with updates or "checking in", she just wanted to get you off the phone. Got to give her credit for imagination and ingenuity...

I called BBMobile about not getting the update. They asked me to perform the attached steps. The update would be pushed to my phone within 24 hours after that. Let me know if anyone has luck.
    08-18-18 09:49 PM
    Man, she got you good giving you that code to use. That code has nothing to do with updates or "checking in", she just wanted to get you off the phone. Got to give her credit for imagination and ingenuity...
    I was suspicious of this, but there were several places online that I found that explain that this code puts you in a queue for rolling updates to your phone if for some reason your device isn't receiving an update you should receive. So I don't think she was just treating me like an idiot.
    08-18-18 10:41 PM
    That code has nothing to do with updates or "checking in"
    I tried entering that string in the dialer. Right afterward, there was a new notification:

OREO update for KEYone SE, Unlocked North America?-screenshot_20180819-071248.jpg

So, at least, there's more to it than your dismissive conjecture.
    john_v likes this.
    08-19-18 09:19 AM
    That's not the case. No problems here, nor did I see any corroboration of that.
    My KEYONE is on Oreo Beta and NO issues with Google services whatsoever. Working fine as Conite also mentions.
    08-19-18 09:22 AM
    It's not a result of the OS - something else is going on. Otherwise this site would be blowing up, as the builds we got on the beta are the same as what everyone else is getting.
    Ok. Well, they have my logs, so maybe they will be able to fix it in due course.
    08-19-18 09:59 AM
    I tried entering that string in the dialer. Right afterward, there was a new notification:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180819-071248.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	439315

So, at least, there's more to it than your dismissive conjecture.
    I don't see how checking into Google is going to speed up delivery of the update

BlackBerry since 2006. Factory Unlocked Passport and KEYone
    08-19-18 11:51 AM
    I don't see how checking into Google is going to speed up delivery of the update

Neither do I. I didn't say it would. A man has got to know his limitations.
    mcguire_michael likes this.
    08-19-18 12:02 PM
    Well, let's see if Monday brings us a cookie

08-19-18 07:10 PM
    I hope so!
    08-19-18 08:15 PM
    Those of you saying that the update is already waiting on the server? How do you access that info?
    08-19-18 09:43 PM
    There is a link posted further up in this thread
    Those of you saying that the update is already waiting on the server? How do you access that info?
    08-19-18 09:44 PM
    I hope so!
    No go!
    08-20-18 06:17 AM
    Yeah still showing on the server as OTA not available.

I think at this point it is pretty clear that this is not a "waves" rollout issue as some want to dismissively suggest.
    No go!
    08-20-18 06:19 AM
    I'm seeing about 9 days on the server w/o going OTA. There has been a wide range of wait times for updates that I've noticed. ABA676 took only a couple of hours from showing on the server @ https://tclota.birth-online.de/ to OTA. AAT166 sat there mocking us for 15 days. We're still in the range!
    08-20-18 06:46 AM
    This is Ridiculous!

john_v and W6EOD like this.
    08-21-18 06:32 AM
    Used the Mobile Upgrade tool yesterday evening with a KEYone Silver Edition, BBB100-1, North America, Unlocked. After 17 minutes, not including download and install of the tool, I am now running ABD796, Oreo 8.1.0. Security patch level is July 1, 2018. Very simple process: plug in, follow the prompts, restart into fastboot (volume down+power) and then plug-and-play.
    No hiccups, very smooth, so far so good! OREO update for KEYone SE, Unlocked North America?-screenshot_20180821-064038.jpg
    08-21-18 06:44 AM
    Used the Mobile Upgrade tool yesterday evening with a KEYone Silver Edition, BBB100-1, North America, Unlocked. After 17 minutes, not including download and install of the tool, I am now running ABD796, Oreo 8.1.0. Security patch level is July 1, 2018. Very simple process: plug in, follow the prompts, restart into fastboot (volume down+power) and then plug-and-play.
    No hiccups, very smooth, so far so good! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180821-064038.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	439373
    This method wipes phone data. Right?
    08-21-18 08:11 AM
    This method wipes phone data. Right?
    Yes.

Otherwise, use the no-wipe autoloader.
    BlueOhSix likes this.
    08-21-18 08:13 AM
    Would be nice if BB mobile would at least respond to questions.

john_v likes this.
    08-21-18 01:07 PM
    Would be nice if BB mobile would at least respond to questions.

For sure. I tweeted them again to no avail.

If it's being held back because of a known issue or bugs in the current Oreo release, then fine - I don't want a buggy experience. But at least let us know.
    08-21-18 01:23 PM

If it's being held back because of a known issue or bugs in the current Oreo release, then fine - I don't want a buggy experience. But at least let us know.
    But it was Beta Tested

08-21-18 01:30 PM
    But it was Beta Tested

'tis true...but I do know things have a way of rearing their heads. I'm guessing this isn't the reason, since I have to imagine if there were a vulnerability or major issue the other upgrades sitting on the server would have been yanked.

Seeing as it's BBMobile/TCL, there's probably one guy in charge of pushing buttons, and he thought he hit all of them and then went on vacation.

I did ask Bla1ze if he'd prod his contacts and he said he would.
    08-21-18 01:42 PM

Are are you just trying to satisfy some morbid curiosity? No matter what anyone does the update is going to come when the update comes.
    08-21-18 01:53 PM
    Are are you just trying to satisfy some morbid curiosity? No matter what anyone does the update is going to come when the update comes.
    Why does it bother you so much? Do you have something invested in the autoloader?
    08-21-18 01:56 PM
    Why does it bother you so much? Do you have something invested in the autoloader?
    Doesn't bother me in the least bit. But what would you ever expect to find out from first level support here, there, and everywhere? The info would be as reliable as a cardboard beam.
    08-21-18 01:57 PM
120 12345