In my experience, Oreo feels less optimized than Nougat. When I finally gave in and updated my Nexus 5X, I was disappointed. Aside from a bit of sluggishness compared to Nougat, the subtle changes to the quick settings drove me bonkers until I got used to them.
    We will have to see how it feels on the key1 I’ve had the KEY2 in hand and from my 15 minutes with it..it’s ...wait for it.....wait for it......”buttery smooth”
    bibbula and Mecca EL like this.
    06-17-18 09:44 PM
    Pepperoni.. it's like a candy, right?
    To some non-vegan pizza eaters - possibly.

Actually, I remember always liking Howard Johnson's Peppermint Stick icecream.
    06-17-18 09:47 PM
    In my experience, Oreo feels less optimized than Nougat. When I finally gave in and updated my Nexus 5X, I was disappointed. Aside from a bit of sluggishness compared to Nougat, the subtle changes to the quick settings drove me bonkers until I got used to them.
    Exactly my concern, given the ram shortage we already suffer from. Wondering if I should even upgrade if it's gonna slow down even more
    06-19-18 07:39 AM
    the I've got an update waiting for WiFi today that is 800 + mb what would this be?
    06-19-18 08:52 AM
    the I've got an update waiting for WiFi today that is 800 + mb what would this be?
    June security patch.
    06-19-18 08:59 AM
    June security patch.
    Thanks, that's one hell of a patch then. I'll download it later.
    06-19-18 09:01 AM
    June 28- Oreo and WiFi-Calling.Oreo update details for KEYone (and Motion)-notable-00014.jpg
    06-22-18 05:03 PM
    Rogers has posted June 28 for Oreo 8.0 AND WiFi calling.
    Sean Flaherty likes this.
    06-22-18 06:50 PM
    June 28th, so soon! my body is ready!
    jope28 likes this.
    06-22-18 06:57 PM
    June 28th, so soon! my body is ready!
    Got the update? I'm still waiting
    07-09-18 02:58 PM
    Got the update? I'm still waiting
    Rogers updated their schedule... just says delayed now.
    07-09-18 03:23 PM
    Rogers updated their schedule... just says delayed now.
    I see, well i guess we'll have to wait a while
    07-09-18 03:28 PM
    No, no update for me, but at the time I was expecting a date in late summer or fall, I guess my initial expectations were correct.

Now that I've had time to think about it, I will wait for reviews from early adopters before I update (if ever.) I think my KEYone runs fine, and I'd hate for it to get slower due to an irreversible update.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-18 03:48 PM
    No, no update for me, but at the time I was expecting a date in late summer or fall, I guess my initial expectations were correct.

Now that I've had time to think about it, I will wait for reviews from early adopters before I update (if ever.) I think my KEYone runs fine, and I'd hate for it to get slower due to an irreversible update.
    Smart move would be to wait and see if there are any issues.... I expect that is what the delay is for, but you can fix one issue and two others pop up.

They should have updated the KEYone a couple of months ago... gotten some of the bugs worked out so that the KEYtwo launch was a little less rough.
    07-09-18 03:56 PM
    I believe the only issue with our K1 Oreo update delay - are K2 less than stellar pre-orders and sales! I have been to Rogers, Telus and Bell (Canada), no buzz at all! I'm sure some folks here will have the real inside info, whether they will share it is another story. Cheers,
    07-09-18 04:05 PM
    Nice. Literally no issues with my Motion, but upgrades are always welcome.
    07-09-18 04:21 PM
    So what noticeable difference will I be able to tell once oreo is installed on K1!!!
    07-09-18 06:14 PM
    i got an update - not yet installed - ABA 693 (33.5 mb) today on my BE; this won't be it right?
    07-10-18 01:03 AM
    i got an update - not yet installed - ABA 693 (33.5 mb) today on my BE; this won't be it right?
    No, go ahead and install it. It's not the upgrade to Oreo but the June security update.
    07-10-18 01:17 AM
    No, go ahead and install it. It's not the upgrade.
    Ok - tku!
    07-10-18 01:20 AM
    I believe the only issue with our K1 Oreo update delay - are K2 less than stellar pre-orders and sales! I have been to Rogers, Telus and Bell (Canada), no buzz at all! I'm sure some folks here will have the real inside info, whether they will share it is another story. Cheers,
    I don't think sales would delay an update....

Simply a matter of either BBMo doesn't have it ready or what they planned to release failed some quality checks. Many OEM's had some delays with their OREO release, some released it and then had to pull it.
    07-10-18 07:46 AM
    is it recommend that when once the update shows up - first wipe the device and then install?
    07-10-18 07:57 AM
    is it recommend that when once the update shows up - first wipe the device and then install?
    I'd make sure that it is backed up...

Proable better to let it update your phone, and then do a Factory Reset to install it "clean". That was my plan when I updated my S7.... but I still haven't done the Factory Reset as it's been running just fine.
    07-10-18 08:12 AM

Smart move, I'm on the same boat, I'll just wait a couple of months until we get some serious feedback, then I'll think about upgrading meself (or not, I'm very happy with my k1 the way it is)
    07-15-18 05:57 AM

After KeyOne's release of Oreo eventually drops, it's a virtual certainty that security patches for that device will *only* be released from that point forward targeting Oreo. So, sticking with Nougat will mean that your security level will steadily become obsolete.

I've read that BBLtd really does bake some secret security sauce into the builds of Android that they supply to their licensees such as BBMo, so it's possible that a KeyOne running its final patched build of Nougat might actually offer better security than another manufacturer's device running an equivalent (or maybe even newer) patch. But I'd err on the side continuing to accept new patches, if possible.
    07-23-18 11:50 AM
106 ... 2345